Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 4:20 AM
Default Helmet texture help
Hello, I've been messing with this for a while and I'm stumped.
I'm converting Captain Falcon's helmet from Super Smash Bros. Brawl to Sims 3, and although the Model looks good, the texture doesn't.

I'm wondering if anyone can help me with this issue.

Picture from Milkshape:

Picture from TSRW:

Picture in-game:

Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 5:07 PM
Hrm, don't quote me on this, but to me that looks like either a Specular or Shading issue. Is that a hat hair or an accessory?

Try the No Stencil mod http://modthesims.info/d/478307 Get rid of the Specular on the accessory in CASt by typing in [Shift] + [Ctrl] + [C] and then typing this: deco p then pressing [Enter].

If the texture fixes itself, then you need to fix your Specular texture you made for it, and make it and the alpha channel more black or more white or whatever. (Or just be a lazy wretch like me and leave it alone and direct everyone to the No Stencil Mod to apply the change in CASt themselves like I do! )

If the texture still doesn't look right, you may need to fix the shading of the mesh itself -- in Milkshape try anything from Align Normals, to Smooth All, to Auto-Smooth, to Model Cleaner -- anything to fix the shading. For me it's always very trial and error; fiddling around until a miracle fixes everything for me.

That helmet looks SUPER SEXY though! Don't give up on it yet, cuz it's 95% perfect.