Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 6:11 PM
Default Anyone use Paint.net?
I'm trying to use Paint.net and the TSR workshop to make some simple modifications to the clothing templates included with the workshop. I don't care about creating completely new designs, with completely new meshes or anything. Just want to make some simple adjustments to what's already there. Anyway, the problem I'm running into is that the Workshop tutorial is written for use with Photoshop, but I have Paint.net. Can anyone help me out?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 12:34 AM
It would be easier if you could explain "how" we can help you.

Im not a native speaker
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 6:02 AM
The workshop tutorial has you working with both layers and channels in Photoshop, but Paint only has layers. No channels. So right away, I'm stuck. I was able to make the mods a couple yrs ago... back when I had Photoshop... but I don't have that program anymore. Now I have Paint, and it works differently. And the tutorial is written for Photoshop, not Paint, so it's not much help, either. So that's why I'm here on the forum, asking for help.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 1:05 PM
I don´t know Paint.Net, but I´m using gimp. It´s quite similar to photoshop and you can edit channels. When you´re searching for an alternative tool you could just ask google ("photoshop alternative" will directly lead you to gimp).

Im not a native speaker
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 1:13 PM
I'd be happy to use Gimp instead. Like you said, it's much more like Photoshop. When I tried to download the Gimp torrent, though, it stalled out on me and I wasn't able to complete the download. I may just have to try and download again. Do you know of a link where I can get it? Maybe your link is better than the one I found.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 1:36 PM
http://www.gimp.org/downloads/
Quote:
If the torrent download doesn't work, you can also follow this link .

You really should read a website

Im not a native speaker
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 7:00 PM
Okay, I got Gimp installed, and the plug-ins, too. Time to start modding. Thanks for the nudge in the right direction. I'll probably have a couple more questions as I go along, since I haven't done any modding in a couple yrs. Stay tuned!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 6:26 AM
I'm already in a jam. As I mentioned before, the TSR Workshop tutorial is written for use with Photoshop, but I now have Gimp, which is different. As the tutorial reads, I first open the Skin Specular file, then duplicate the layer, and use that to create a new document (which I'll call Mod). Next, I open the Multiplier document, duplicate that layer, and then attach it to the Mod file.

So now that I'm using Gimp, I've created my new Mod document, based off the duplicate layer from the Skin Specular file. I've opened the Multiplier file and duplicated that layer, as well... but how do I send the duplicate Multiplier layer to the Mod document? There aren't any buttons or menus that say "paste".
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 2:16 PM
Go to the file with the layer you want to copy. "Select everything", ctrl+c (or ctrl+x) go to the new file and "paste as" ... "new layer". I don´t know if thats the exact term, cause I dont use the english version.

But I´m shure you´ll find all of that in the gimp manual.

Im not a native speaker