Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Aug 2015 at 9:27 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Sims 3 Crashing after i downloaded master controller

ok so i've installed the mod today
i have sims 3 base game and island paradise
its version 1.55

i downloaded the mod thats supposed to be used with 1.55 - 1.57, and i reinstalled my resource.cfg, i am sure its not a patch update issue
its making my game crash on the first loading screen
it doesnt show the intro "i use nointro mod" so i am sure there is prob with my mods folder
i made sure that i dont have non .package files in my mods folder
i deleted my cache files
nothing helps
when i removed the mod from my mods folder the game worked fine
when i move it back it crashes my game

but i really want the mod so i wont stick with removing it from my mods folder
i know how to install mods, i have alot of other mods and they work fine
i even reinstalled the mod several times, nothing helped

what can i do???? please help
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 4th Aug 2015 at 11:00 PM
Try redownloading the mod? The download could have gotten corrupted in transit. It's happened to me with other files before.

Other than that, that's all I can think of.

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Shameless plug for my fledgeling Simblr here
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 5th Aug 2015 at 12:12 AM
I would suggest installing the V1.67 patch then use the latest MC.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 5th Aug 2015 at 12:44 AM
We can only take specific mod related issues so far on this site. But the first question would be where exactly is your mod folder located (path, please)? And the second would be, is there a really good reason for not patching up to 1.67?

But beyond that, this is the place to get assistance. It's kind of what we are there for.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/page/messages/Chatterbox (free registration required to post)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Aug 2015 at 4:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AmandieLove
Try redownloading the mod? The download could have gotten corrupted in transit. It's happened to me with other files before.

Other than that, that's all I can think of.

i've already tried that :/
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Aug 2015 at 4:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nimrod2
I would suggest installing the V1.67 patch then use the latest MC.

whenever i download 1.67, the game lags and it shows a blank menu screen, so i dont want to have that trouble again :/, also my sims cd is broken so i had to crack it this time
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Aug 2015 at 4:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
We can only take specific mod related issues so far on this site. But the first question would be where exactly is your mod folder located (path, please)? And the second would be, is there a really good reason for not patching up to 1.67?

But beyond that, this is the place to get assistance. It's kind of what we are there for.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/page/messages/Chatterbox (free registration required to post)

C:\Users\Abood\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods
i am pretty sure theres nothing wrong with my folder bc the rest of mods works fine

1.67 lags my game and shows a blank screen, i dont want to have that trouble again
then my sims cd got broken so i had to crack the game, ssoo i cant update it, the manual update and ultimate fix doesnt seem to help too, i have the old trouble again, 1.55 works good so i would like to keep it
Mad Poster
#8 Old 5th Aug 2015 at 6:11 AM
Okay got it, you can stop trying. NRaas mods will not work with and are not supported on cracked versions of the game. Sorry, but you could have instead switched over to Origin if you already owned a registered CD.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 5th Aug 2015 at 9:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Okay got it, you can stop trying. NRaas mods will not work with and are not supported on cracked versions of the game. Sorry, but you could have instead switched over to Origin if you already owned a registered CD.

one of the nraas mods worked for me the decensor one

anyway i got another mod for increasin sliders limits and deleted mc, everything seems fine now
Mad Poster
#10 Old 5th Aug 2015 at 11:33 PM
I didn't mean that our mods check for validly obtained content and crash players' games by design or on purpose. I meant that hacked installs have goofy patch level elements behind the scenes, in places where the player cannot see and the Launcher does not report. MC is very sensitive to patch level requirements, as are many of the others (Decensor, not so much) and is known to crash the game or just flat out not work properly on such an install.

Am surprised this thread hasn't been locked up or deleted by a moderator yet as this discussion is admittedly totally inappropriate, but suppose either will happen shortly.