Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Space Pony
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Aug 2015 at 10:25 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Desktop crashing
So my game lately has been crashing to desktop, as in it will act like its loading, still black screen, crash but in task manager the game says it's running. Before I've fixed it using the method of creating a new sims 3 folder. Before this also wouldn't work but if I added my old options which run's the game in windowed mode it would work. Even reset my computer. However, now it's not working. At all, I've done the DEP method, I've also adjusted the graphics card options so the game would recognize my card. As well as fixed the LADD, run the game in Admin mod. (the DEP, graphics card and LADD changes I did ages ago before the problem started) I also don't have any mods, store content, anything but all EP's WA through IP and High End Loft as well as Town Life. I've also got a PC.
Advertisement
Space Pony
Original Poster
#2 Old 6th Aug 2015 at 10:32 PM
Adding my System Info Note with all but Showtime I've downloaded from Origin. Thanks for the help ^_^
Attached files:
File Type: zip  system_info.zip (1.3 KB, 6 downloads) - View custom content
Space Pony
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Aug 2015 at 4:51 PM
Ya no problem.
Seriously?! I've been running those fixes for nothing -_-
Attached files:
File Type: zip  DeviceConfig.zip (1.5 KB, 6 downloads) - View custom content
Space Pony
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Aug 2015 at 5:59 PM
Before the splash screen, even before it shows the maxis logo.
So I hadn't been running the game in windowed mode, sorry for that did a bit of digging changed the full screen option to windowed via the options. But the odd thing is that I've run the game in full screen before and it would completely load. Thanks for the help.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 8th Aug 2015 at 5:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ruffdog24
So my game lately has been crashing to desktop, as in it will act like its loading, still black screen, crash but in task manager the game says it's running. Before I've fixed it using the method of creating a new sims 3 folder. Before this also wouldn't work but if I added my old options which run's the game in windowed mode it would work. Even reset my computer. However, now it's not working. At all, I've done the DEP method, I've also adjusted the graphics card options so the game would recognize my card. As well as fixed the LADD, run the game in Admin mod. (the DEP, graphics card and LADD changes I did ages ago before the problem started) I also don't have any mods, store content, anything but all EP's WA through IP and High End Loft as well as Town Life. I've also got a PC.

How did you download the game? Via DVD, Origins, or Steam? If it is still new, maybe reinstall the game entirely?

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.