Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sim Tracker

by RebaLynnTS Posted 1st Jan 2012 at 8:15 PM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 2:50 PM by Nysha

176 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 108 Feedback Posts, 67 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 8
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#51 Old 13th Jan 2012 at 3:14 AM
All of your user data is in the MyDocs/RLMsoft/W7-SimTracker folder.
Copy it, to any PC, or flash drive. I'm working on a option to save to a flash drive, or drop box, or any other location of your choice. I will also be adding a backup feature in the next update.

It's your life, live it your way!
Want to see what else I make, go to www.rlm-soft.com and check it out.
Find out what's happening with Sim Tracker
---
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#52 Old 13th Jan 2012 at 9:23 PM
This looks pretty nifty. Now I can keep track of what babies are born :D
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 14th Jan 2012 at 10:29 PM
Hi! I just want to say I absolutely LOVE this program, and that I'm so glad there's finally an updated Sim tracking program! Woohoo!

The only slight problem I have is that there is no N/A option for secondary aspirations - I accidentally selected one for my sim who doesn't have one, and now I can't figure out how to clear it. It would be great to know if I've simply just overlooked the way to do it, or if you could work a way into the program in the future.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#54 Old 15th Jan 2012 at 12:35 AM
Thank you for the kind words.

I will add that to my todo list for the next update (should be ready Monday).

You can goto the Tools > Reset > Sim > Traits menu, but that will reset everything on the page.
Test Subject
#55 Old 15th Jan 2012 at 6:30 PM
All I have a problem with is when I do the options and I set up the jobs. When ever I put the Job Level on 4 for both Sims, they have the same Job Level description, But different Jobs. How do I fix this?

I like Turtles :)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#56 Old 15th Jan 2012 at 9:04 PM
Can you tell me what two jobs they are, and if it is adult, teen, or elder jobs.

---
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#57 Old 16th Jan 2012 at 1:36 PM
Loving the program.
Just one question. Can you not see wich household a sim is part of if you just have the sim info up?

Oh and I found a missspelling under options. Hair colors in the left menue. Just a heads up.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#58 Old 16th Jan 2012 at 2:28 PM
Yes, you can. In two places.
1. On the Notes Page.
2. In the Status Bar.

PS: Thanks for the info about the spelling. Feel free to let me know if you find more.
Field Researcher
#59 Old 16th Jan 2012 at 3:37 PM
So I have run in to a problem. the program has started to crash for me everytime I try to ad a new household. I uninstalled/reinstalled and its the same again. I can ad sims and do other stuff but everytime I try to ad a household it crashes and I can't restart it. Have to reinstall.....Have added 18 households and about 50 sims....I dont know what I did wrong *sigh* Any Ideas?
It says something about IndexOutOfRangeException

Have latest version.
Windows vista
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#60 Old 16th Jan 2012 at 4:22 PM
When it generates an error message, copy the details, and email them to me at [email protected]. This will help me track down the problem.

Did you delete a household? If so that is why you are having problems. The delete routine was messed up. I've fixed it and it will be in the next update.
Field Researcher
#61 Old 16th Jan 2012 at 4:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RebaLynnTS
When it generates an error message, copy the details, and email them to me at [email protected]. This will help me track down the problem.

Did you delete a household? If so that is why you are having problems. The delete routine was messed up. I've fixed it and it will be in the next update.

Yes I did delete a household....must be it then. Can I fix it somehow or do i need to wait for the next update?

Will email what I saved when it uccured to you.

Thanx

edit to ad. Hmm that email didn't work.....
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#62 Old 16th Jan 2012 at 5:16 PM
sorry, it's [email protected].

To fix it properly, you will need to wait for the next update (1.18) , in a few minutes.
Delete, and reenter all of the households. I know it's a lot of work, but this update will keep it from happening again.

The best way to delete them is to go to MyDocs/RLMsoft/W7-SimTracker/{User Name}/Files/N1
Delete the following files...
nameHouseholds.bin
numHouseholds.bin
and all files that start with HH#_
Field Researcher
#63 Old 16th Jan 2012 at 6:07 PM Last edited by roxmaniac : 17th Jan 2012 at 4:07 PM.
sorry, it's [email protected].

To fix it properly, you will need to wait for the next update (1.18) , in a few minutes.
Delete, and reenter all of the households. I know it's a lot of work, but this update will keep it from happening again.

The best way to delete them is to go to MyDocs/RLMsoft/W7-SimTracker/{User Name}/Files/N1
Delete the following files...
nameHouseholds.bin
numHouseholds.bin
and all files that start with HH#_

Working so far

Edit...nope it crashed again *sigh*

Will send an email to you.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#64 Old 16th Jan 2012 at 6:52 PM
Someday, we'll get all the bugs worked out.

---
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#65 Old 19th Jan 2012 at 4:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by roxmaniac
Edit...nope it crashed again *sigh*

Will send an email to you.

Download version 1.181, and reinstall.

If you continue to have problems, you may need to delete your neighborhood, and start over. I added a backup feature in the options section, and it would be a good idea to back up your new files once in a while.

During development, I had to delete and start over about 50 times, so I know how much of a pain it is, and I am sorry this bug got passed us.

---
Instructor
THANKS POST
#66 Old 20th Jan 2012 at 9:47 PM
This is a big project that you undertook. I very much admire your stamina and I hope that you will get this to something you wanted.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#67 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 6:11 AM
Thank you. Right now it pretty much does everything I wanted, and more. Though, I am happy to add any features that will help out others. The hard part is going to be keeping up with the help pages.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#68 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 3:12 PM Last edited by twoflower : 21st Jan 2012 at 3:32 PM.
I love this program - it's saving me so much time to have all the info together, because I don't really keep paper notes. Thank you so much for creating this! My only suggestions are that maybe you could add a place to record which hobby plaques were earned, and a place to record if the sim is a garden club member. These are things that I can add in the notes, but it would be more fun to click a box. Thanks again!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#69 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 5:05 PM
Thank you, glad you like the program. I can add the items you asked for, just give me a few days.
Field Researcher
#70 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 7:05 PM
Thank you, glad you like the program. I can add the items you asked for, just give me a few days.

Thank you, that would be awesome!

See my blog for my very latest lots, including some that are not available on MTS2: Twoflower's Sims 2 Lots. Also, see what's happening in Apple Grove, my Prosperity Challenge neighborhood.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#71 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 1:33 AM
remarkably intelligent, i just downloaded it but i am so impressed thank you so much for sharing!!!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#72 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 3:03 AM Last edited by RebaLynnTS : 23rd Jan 2012 at 4:13 PM.
Next update in about 14 hours

Edit: OK, so it only took 13 hours
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#73 Old 26th Jan 2012 at 4:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by twoflower
Thank you, that would be awesome!

Well, I added it, but it did not work as planned. In Friday's update it will.

---
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#74 Old 28th Jan 2012 at 5:32 AM
Looks like the update will have to wait a little longer.

---
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#75 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 5:11 PM
Due to a major crash while trying to back up my code, there will be no updates for a while. I'll have to redo the program from the start. Which wll give me a chance to make it even better.

---
Page 3 of 8