Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 5:41 PM Last edited by murfee : 14th Apr 2015 at 8:11 PM.
Default Strange issue with hair; scalp visible underneath in-game?
Hello, all!

I am having a mini-crisis with a hair mesh I'm about to cuss out. I've never seen anything like this before and I have no idea how it happened or what I did wrong.

The hair is giving me veeeery weird transparency, and I can see the entire scalp underneath.

The hair was originally in 2 groups: the headband, and the hair itself. I duplicated both groups (and made them backfaces). And then I added the EA scalp mesh underneath as another group. I redid the UV Maps, regrouped everything into one group, and used Daboobs to make the hair. No different from every other time I've tried making hair, but this time clearly something went horribly wrong.

(It looked fine in Milkshape, both smooth-shaded and with the textures applied. The normals weren't super sexy, but I didn't think it would matter -- just some areas on the hair that would show up darker than the rest. Not a complete balding effect like what cropped up in-game though!)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, cuz I'm stumped.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  MurfeeL_WO2 Sun Wukong Hair V2.zip (458.1 KB, 2 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2 Old 14th Apr 2015 at 7:51 PM
So, for the life of me I can't figure out where I goofed up; I think something went wrong when I was trying to fix the normals or order of the faces/etc.

I took a leaf from the TS4 community and made the hair an accessory instead, and it turned out super sexy, so there.

Something about Hair is making this mesh refuse to act right, but the same exact mesh & textures show up just fine as an Accessory -- I don't even.

This game is playing games with me.
Screenshots