Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Dec 2013 at 3:16 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Screen resolution settings
I had to reinstall everything on my computer due to the replacement of the motherboard. When I finally finished installing all of TS2 Ep's/Sp's, the resolution wasn't right in the game. I knew I had a setting that worked before, even though it wasn't the 1920x1080 that my monitor is set to.

Anyway, while playing with the settings, somehow I have things totally messed up. The game starts fine, but the whole screen is off center. I can't see the options at the bottom, and the line of town/vacation destinations at the top is too far to the left. Fortunately, the "main menu" button still shows up so I can exit the game smoothly, but I need help fixing things so that I can see all of the options. It's like things are magnified too much and the things I need to get to are off screen and can't be accessed. I was hoping there was a way to set the resolution from an .ini file or something but I'm afraid to even start going through those. My track record isn't good so far.

Thanks for any help!
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 23rd Dec 2013 at 6:11 PM
I swapped some files from an old computer and somehow got the resolution back to whatever the default is. My monitor is set at 1920 x 1080, so I'm guessing I should use 1600 x 900? I'm afraid to change it again Anyway, at least I can play now and the sims and lots look great (the UI... not so much). Even though there weren't any responses yet, I still want to say thank you because I've come here many times and found an answer to a problem I was having without ever needing to start a new topic
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#3 Old 24th Dec 2013 at 1:09 PM
If I remember correctly (without loading the game), there should be an option under the Graphics settings for turning on/off Square Pixels to adjust the HUD for widescreen.

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Dec 2013 at 6:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by julianarosalia
If I remember correctly (without loading the game), there should be an option under the Graphics settings for turning on/off Square Pixels to adjust the HUD for widescreen.

Thanks so much, I'll look for that when I get into the game later!