Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Dec 2013 at 2:22 AM Last edited by Dizzydude : 28th Dec 2013 at 2:43 AM.
Default In CleanInstaller, WHERE do I send the .sims2pack files to?

When I double-clicked the .sims2pack file, an "Open With.." opened. So, I downloaded the clean installer. When I try to install, it asks where to download them. I figure "LotCatalog" would make the most sense, but I have a couple of questions:

1. Do I send the whole pack* to the LotCatalog, or certain files?
2. Is LotCatalog the right location?

Just wondering, please answer! (It's the Northfield University Dorms, if you're wondering!)
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 28th Dec 2013 at 2:25 AM
Clean Installer should by default be set to the teleport folder. That is where lots go.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Dec 2013 at 2:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Clean Installer should by default be set to the teleport folder. That is where lots go.

It was set to teleport as default, and I send it there at first. But it didn't show up in the lot view. Yes, my custom content is enabled. Does it change it if it is a dorm?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 28th Dec 2013 at 2:58 AM
The game itself moves the lot file from the Teleport folder into the Lot Catalog. So check that your teleport folder is empty after running the game. Sometimes lots don't show up until you run the game again for some reason. Do you have all the EP's needed for the lot to show up? I forget where Dorms show up, I would check the regular and the special lot bin.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Dec 2013 at 3:03 AM
The teleport folder only has sims2import files in it.. I'll try and see, but they're in specialty lots.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 28th Dec 2013 at 3:20 AM Last edited by Dizzydude : 28th Dec 2013 at 3:32 AM.
Okay, so the neighborhood view is just a gray screen now

What exactly do I do now..?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 28th Dec 2013 at 3:36 AM
Once your game is running or has run, the Teleport folder should be empty. The game should have moved it across. If not I would delete the files from there and try again.

Your neighbourhood view is grey? Are you sure you have all the needed EP's for this lot?

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th Dec 2013 at 8:50 PM
I have all of the ep's and sp's for TS2, I'm sure.
When I restarted the sims 2, it wasn't gray anymore. The lot still wasn't there.

Do I select file extension Sims2Tmp or package in Clean Installer?

+The teleport folder still had stuff in it.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 28th Dec 2013 at 8:58 PM
For the actual lot file you change nothing, by default CI is set up to install lot files the correct way. You only change the file extension to package when the lot comes with cc and those files you send to your Download folder with the package extension. Have you checked the path that Clean Installer has written in the window to make sure it's going to the correct place? Mootilda is away otherwise I know she would have come and helped with your question. If you can't get it to work you might have to wait until she returns.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 28th Dec 2013 at 9:08 PM
Okay, I'm new here, what is 'cc'? So I only send the LOT to teleport, because other stuff is with it. And Clean Installer is sending it to teleport, and I checked to see if it was sending correctly. It was. Is there a separate teleport file for my latest EP? If so, where is it, as I might have to change it to that one.

Thanks for your help, by the way.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 28th Dec 2013 at 10:08 PM
CC is custom content. Lots sometimes come with cc walls, floors, furniture or deco. When you open Clean Installer the first file should be the name of the lot and it will say packaged lot. Under that it will show any of the cc it comes with if the builder included cc in the rar. Over to the right it should say what the cc is such as 'object', 'recolour' 'wall' etc. The lot file itself that is all you send to the teleport folder. So you tick only that and use the default setting. Then you tick the cc files and untick that sims 2 import file box and make sure the extension is now package and you either send it to your download folder or a folder inside of your Download folder. You could send things to separate folders if you like. I normally make a new folder called "Name of lot cc" and send all the needed cc there. You could also instal it without the cc if you don't need or want it. Maybe you already have the items or you would rather use what you already have. It depends what it is. If you are having trouble I would pick a cc free lot to start with.

The teleport folder should be under Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Teleport. The same place as your neighbourhood and Downloads folder. Your latest EP only shows on the drive you installed it to, not under Documents. Glad to help, Sims can be very annoying when it doesn't want to work.

Can you show me what lot you are downloading? Is it from this site? If it's off site make sure there are no hacks trying to come with it.

~Call me Jo~
Site Helper
#12 Old 29th Dec 2013 at 2:29 AM Last edited by Mootilda : 29th Dec 2013 at 3:23 AM.
First, check that the installation location is correct. Be sure that you are installing into Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Teleport. Using the default install location is almost always the right thing to do. If the installation location is incorrect, it's better to fix your system than to choose a non-default location each time that you install. If your installation path is missing "The Sims 2", let us know and we'll tell you how to fix it.

If you install a lot with additional CC, then the Clean Installer will install the lot properly in the Teleport folder with the correct file extensions (yes, lot files are normally installed as two or more files), and the rest of the CC into the Downloads folder with the correct file extension (.package). There's no need to install the Sims2Pack twice, and there is no reason to change the default installation location.

Quote: Originally posted by Dizzydude
The teleport folder only has sims2import files in it.. I'll try and see, but they're in specialty lots.
This is definitely wrong. Each lot should have (at least) two files with the same file name and different extensions. If you have junk in your Teleport folder after running the game, then my suggestion is that you delete it. It's probably bad.