Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Mar 2014 at 10:36 PM
Default Oh My Gods. All things Greek and Godly.
Hi, So I've recently decided to make all, (Well, as many as I can) of the Greek Gods in my game.
Yet, I'm quickly running out of creative ideas and Sim designs. Plus finding the right content can be difficult.
I'm hoping there are other mythology fans out there willing to either join in or help me achieve my goal of a God filled world.

So, I thought It would be helpful for everyone to share there Greek creations, Show off your Godly Sims. Maybe even contribute for others to use them too!
Also show off the Greek content you've found, or just stuff that you think would suit them. (Gods can go modern too!)
Even just giving off some ideas and great trait combinations for certain Gods would be helpful.

Remember to credit any content you share to the original creator!

(If there is already an active thread like this, please point me in the right direction).
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 23rd Mar 2014 at 3:17 PM
That's pretty cool. I work with older adults and I created a Greek Mythology themed day this week. They didn't know a lot of the names (one lady thought Hades was called Hatties), but I think they enjoyed it.

I don't know any Greek content, but I'd love to see running shoes with wings!

Check out my Legacy Challenge:
Chapter 41: Do Babies Eat Sand?
Mad Poster
#3 Old 23rd Mar 2014 at 7:05 PM
I have a strange little mythology running throughout the world I'm building, where old religions never truely died off but were fused together with newer beliefs. Old gods became new saints, and age-old traditions simply switched their names.

It's called Syncretism.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syncretism

It leads to cool, strange little things, like Artemis/Diana/Ms. Hubert being a sharpshooter, patron of the hunting season and poacher of sims who attempt to harm her herd. Also, flanel.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 23rd Mar 2014 at 9:25 PM
I imagine one of these beards could be used for a Zeus sim. Or any of the other gods that generally aren't depicted as young men, for that matter.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Mar 2014 at 2:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mister_wolfe
That's pretty cool. I work with older adults and I created a Greek Mythology themed day this week. They didn't know a lot of the names (one lady thought Hades was called Hatties), but I think they enjoyed it.

Here you go These look great. Perfect for Hermes.

Also anyone making Aphrodite I absolutely love using this dress for her. Click me

Also I love using this Sim for her: Click me

This Sim reminds me very much of Athena, or a young minor Goddess.

If people would like me too, I can edit the top post with the list of Gods and all content recommended for them
(And any sims people have shared).
Inventor
#6 Old 25th Mar 2014 at 7:05 AM
Interesting thread, unfortunately I don't have anything to contribute but I was intrigued because I'm currently reading Homer's Iliad (Odyssey is next).

(one lady thought Hades was called Hatties)

That reminded me a of a fellow that I knew from back in the days I played EverQuest. He played as a Troll Shadow Knight, basically this class was an anti-paladin and as such required you to pick a deity. Well he wanted to rolplay this guy as a nice, friendly but a bit "simple" Troll. The back story he came up with why he followed Innoruuk, the god of hate, was because he misread, and thought he was the god of hats

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Test Subject
#7 Old 25th Mar 2014 at 3:30 PM
I would be more than happy to create perhaps Ares (my favorite) or Apollo as sims, male sims are my strong point and I've loved greek mythology since the game Zeus: Master of Olympus. Plus I'm a huge ancient history nut.
I'd be happy to get started on this tomorrow, as I live in Australia and it's 1 am here ahah, I'm looking forward to this!
Also if anyone could point me in the direction of any kind of armor (think 300 or clash of the Titans) I would be more than greatful.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 25th Mar 2014 at 4:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AyaseFanatic
Also if anyone could point me in the direction of any kind of armor (think 300 or clash of the Titans) I would be more than greatful.

It's not the most detailed thing in the world, but this at least fits the theme we're discussing here.
Scholar
#9 Old 25th Mar 2014 at 11:36 PM
I though about creating gods, but I decided it just wouldn't be authentic enough with the powers to back it up. If we get a supernatural EP in TS4, they should add a feature to create gods
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 26th Mar 2014 at 1:11 AM
I think there are a couple god-like mods. This, for instance.
Test Subject
#11 Old 26th Mar 2014 at 2:24 AM
Thanks @Mingham Smith, I'll definitely use that for Ares, shame it's not more detailed but it's still beautiful.
I'll have a look at some of the more fantasy related sites, see if I can dig up anything there.
I'll probably do the Gods in their 'Godly' form, and then in their everyday 'fitting in' form.
@hugbug993 I'll probably mention that mod on the dl page, just so there is some kind of 'godly' powers.
Test Subject
#12 Old 26th Mar 2014 at 6:28 AM
Default Ares and Aphrodite
I decided to create modern day Ares and Aphrodite, due to the complete lack of CC. Ares still looks pretty cool in the armor though @hugbug993, but for now this is just the modern couple.
Might upload them soon, should I?

Instructor
#13 Old 26th Mar 2014 at 7:19 AM
I made Demeter once, I think after University (she was a plantsim, DUH). She was very matronly, but I didn't get any screenshots before I inevitably deleted her.

Next time I get in the sim-creating mood, I might make Hephaestus. I always had a soft spot for him, probably because he was such an ugly loser. Is it possible to give a sim a club foot?

It'd also be interesting to create some of the heroes and monsters, such as Odysseus and Polyphemus.

Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 26th Mar 2014 at 7:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Neiph
...but for now this is just the modern couple. Might upload them soon, should I?
I would say so. My Sim-sister Janet is looking at the both of them with That Look that she gets.
Test Subject
#15 Old 26th Mar 2014 at 9:20 AM
@r_deNoube hahah, I shall upload them then. It'll probably be a couple days until they're up on MTS so I'll upload them on my mediafire when I get home from work and drop you the link.
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 26th Mar 2014 at 4:20 PM
Found the other godlike mod I was thinking of!
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 29th Apr 2014 at 2:22 AM
I would to contribute. Maybe make modern versions perhaps. It would be cool if someone or me makes Hercules or Jason. Just a thought though but I will start making one right now.

Can't believe people still read these.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 29th Apr 2014 at 2:24 AM

Sorry for double posting but Someone had told me it was pronounced Hatties and I was like whaaaat.

Can't believe people still read these.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 7th May 2014 at 5:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Neiph
I decided to create modern day Ares and Aphrodite, due to the complete lack of CC. Ares still looks pretty cool in the armor though @hugbug993, but for now this is just the modern couple.
Might upload them soon, should I?

Late reply, been a busy bee.
(Also my game has messed up on me ;-
But I absolutely love those, please put up a link when you've uploaded them.

I've noticed a good thing to search is just medieval stuff, allot of it really works with Gods like Artemis.
Test Subject
#20 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 12:59 PM
Well I did make The Gods On how they look. I dont have any shots of them yet Ill show them later...
Theorist
#21 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 1:42 PM
Interesting thread. Looking forward to seeing some of the entries.

Quote: Originally posted by Axe Gaijin
That reminded me a of a fellow that I knew from back in the days I played EverQuest. He played as a Troll Shadow Knight, basically this class was an anti-paladin and as such required you to pick a deity. Well he wanted to rolplay this guy as a nice, friendly but a bit "simple" Troll. The back story he came up with why he followed Innoruuk, the god of hate, was because he misread, and thought he was the god of hats

I was a good Wood Elf Druid that followed Tunare

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥