Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 5:15 AM Last edited by Phaenoh : 10th Feb 2014 at 10:24 PM.
Default Something a Little Different: 'Locked in an Old Messy House'
This is my first challenge, so be nice, haha.
Anyways, I just came up with this idea for a sims challenge. First off, it uses an interesting lot, that i've downloaded and liked for a long time.

*this challenge lasts four sim weeks or until you can go outside*

- First off, you need to download this house.

The challenge: Your sims are locked in this trashed old house!
You will need 2 sims. That hate each other.
But this challenge will bring them closer together.
They are locked in the house and realizing they must become friends to help each other get out, you must improve their relationship.
But that is only the easy part.

Here are the rules.

1. NO hiring NPC's. No one knows you are in the house.
You are locked in, and they are locked out.
2. NO exiting the house OR greeting walk-bys.
3. This is a tad irrelevant, but for something to do, you can replace the decorative sewing machine with the one that came with freetime, if you have freetime.
4. This lot MUST be placed in a downtown area. It was basically designed for downtown, anyway. Nightlife is required for the challenge.
5. You can not pay the bills. [might change this rule later.] Because I doubt the repoman will be able to teleport through the locked doors.
6. This is OBVIOUS but, the front door MUST be locked.
7. The 2 sims you will have living together in this house will be of the opposite gender, and they can fall in love later in the challenge. But NO making babies. At least until 2 sim weeks have passed. But by having a kid you'll only be making it harder.
Use protection if they must woohoo.
8. Naturally, there's not much food in the fridge. So here's what you can eat.
Breakfast- Cereal
Lunch- Sandwich
Dinner- Either Mac & Cheese, or something else.
You have to pick ONE though.
*You can snack on either juice or beer. *
9. You cannot change anything about the house. Delete objects only if they are flashing blue, or causing problems/making sims stuck in some way.
You may move the decorations on a counter with a OMSP so that the counter is usable.
10. you MAY use any of your hacks as long as it won't interfere with the challenge in a big way. Any questions about if you can use a specific hack, just ask me.

This is a very rough draft of the point system. Let me know how I should improve it.

Every Negative interaction: -6 Points [use a cheat or something to make them have negative relationships/make them furious with each other first, of course.]
Every Fire: -30 Points
If one sim dies: -50 Points
If both sims die: You lose the challenge!
If both sims aren't ATLEAST friends by the end of 1 sim week: -10 points.
For breaking any of the rules: -30 points.

If there is a fire, don't let your sims burn. Extinguish it manually. Get rid of any fire alarm.

Now, for the positive.

You get:

+40 Points if the sims are best friends by the end of week 1.
+50 Points for eating the right meals (see rules above) for the first two weeks.
+100 Points for eating the right meals through the entire challenge.
+200 Points for making the sims lovers by the end of week one.
+50 Points for being lovers by the end of the challenge.
+500 Points for finishing the challenge!

**I also recommend a 'share bed regardless of relationship' hack.
There is one here but I don't know how well it works in al/m&gs, but I'll let you know when I test it out.

You are not allowed to use any hacks that make falling in love easier, or making friends easier.
Oh, and your sims aren't allowed to have jobs. Did I say that already?

But NOW.......

>>>THE MAIN OBJECTIVE<<<

You have 2 goals.
The easy one : Making your sims best friends or possibly BFFs by the time the challenge is over, if not lovers.

The 'challenge': Installing the house and all the CC is only half the challenge, but your main goal IS .. after you've played for 2 sim weeks, your sims develop a plan. You will redecorate the house, sell what is in it first for money, then you replace the wallpaper and floors, and buy better objects. You are then allowed to buy a new door, too. After your sims break the door to the outside down [theoretically :P], horray! Your sims are freed to the outside world after one complete sim month of developing a friendship and renewing an old trashy house. At the end it seems as though your sims have gained more than they lost!! One more thing, did I mention both sims need to max out their cooking skill [because why not?] AND mechanical skill [to bust down the door]. Have fun with this. You get a -50 penalty for using faster skilling hacks. It does though depend on HOW much faster the hack makes skilling. -10 for 10% faster, -20 for 20% faster, etc. Just ask about it if you're confused on how many points you should LOSE. :P

Alright, that's it. I hope you guys enjoy.

EDIT: When you are refurnishing/redoing the house, you may not edit the outside/buy a nice car until you are completely through with the challenge. Redecorating the house is PART of the challenge. [your sims need cooking and mechanical skills]. You should also make money buy sewing things, or writing a story on the computer. Things like that. Your sims could also paint a pretty picture for some money if you prefer them to do that as well. Or when you're finished (with the challenge) you can hang your sims' masterpieces around the house.

And preferably you only control one sim through the challenge, but after 2 weeks you should switch sims to be sure they're maxing out the two main skills they need.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 2:07 PM
Woah, This is the best challange ive seen so far! And the most challanging! Gonna try it out NOW! :p
Instructor
#3 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 1:36 AM Last edited by Amalia81 : 20th Jul 2009 at 10:25 PM.
This sounds really cool! Going to try it!

Edit: Started this challenge last night and I was wondering... Story-wise, how would you make a scenario like this (two strangers locked in an old trashy house) plausible?

By the way, here's what I did to avoid having my two sims have the same last name: I created one in CAS, moved her in, then with boolprop, spawned the Tombstone of L and D to create a new adult male.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 1:01 PM
thankks. my first challenge, haha. i hope everything works out ok. report back here when you get results.
Test Subject
#5 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 8:31 PM
If you like, i'll film a bit of the challange and make a list of what was too easy and too hard, and some ideas that would make it a bit better? And one more question, how much money are the sims allowed to have at the begging, and what if they run out of food? Thanks (PM me if you need to reply, I may not look back here )
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 7:48 AM
i think that is a good idea. to be able to move the sims into the house, you need atleast 50,000 simoleans or something like that.. so you have to cheat just a bit. when you are moved into the house though, you can't use any more of the funds, unless absolutely needed. when you run out of food, i'd advise to just buy a new fridge. no deliveries can be made during the challenge. because of the door being locked, and those other objectives. i'll pm this to you in case you don't look back here, as well.
Test Subject
#7 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 3:40 PM
Just gotta ask somthing...
Can you use aspiration rewards? xx
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 3:17 AM
it sort of depends on what they do. if they don't cheat or influence the challenge in a big way, i guess they're ok. the age aspiration award isn't allowed though, because it does make the sim a few days younger. when you're through with the challenge you can use it.
no using any faster skilling items, either. or the money tree.
anything else is ok.
Test Subject
#9 Old 15th Apr 2014 at 2:12 PM
Default :d
Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
This is my first challenge, so be nice, haha.
Anyways, I just came up with this idea for a sims challenge. First off, it uses an interesting lot, that i've downloaded and liked for a long time.

*this challenge lasts four sim weeks or until you can go outside*

- First off, you need to download this house.

The challenge: Your sims are locked in this trashed old house!
You will need 2 sims. That hate each other.
But this challenge will bring them closer together.
They are locked in the house and realizing they must become friends to help each other get out, you must improve their relationship.
But that is only the easy part.

Here are the rules.

1. NO hiring NPC's. No one knows you are in the house.
You are locked in, and they are locked out.
2. NO exiting the house OR greeting walk-bys.
3. This is a tad irrelevant, but for something to do, you can replace the decorative sewing machine with the one that came with freetime, if you have freetime.
4. This lot MUST be placed in a downtown area. It was basically designed for downtown, anyway. Nightlife is required for the challenge.
5. You can not pay the bills. [might change this rule later.] Because I doubt the repoman will be able to teleport through the locked doors.
6. This is OBVIOUS but, the front door MUST be locked.
7. The 2 sims you will have living together in this house will be of the opposite gender, and they can fall in love later in the challenge. But NO making babies. At least until 2 sim weeks have passed. But by having a kid you'll only be making it harder.
Use protection if they must woohoo.
8. Naturally, there's not much food in the fridge. So here's what you can eat.
Breakfast- Cereal
Lunch- Sandwich
Dinner- Either Mac & Cheese, or something else.
You have to pick ONE though.
*You can snack on either juice or beer. *
9. You cannot change anything about the house. Delete objects only if they are flashing blue, or causing problems/making sims stuck in some way.
You may move the decorations on a counter with a OMSP so that the counter is usable.
10. you MAY use any of your hacks as long as it won't interfere with the challenge in a big way. Any questions about if you can use a specific hack, just ask me.

This is a very rough draft of the point system. Let me know how I should improve it.

Every Negative interaction: -6 Points [use a cheat or something to make them have negative relationships/make them furious with each other first, of course.]
Every Fire: -30 Points
If one sim dies: -50 Points
If both sims die: You lose the challenge!
If both sims aren't ATLEAST friends by the end of 1 sim week: -10 points.
For breaking any of the rules: -30 points.

If there is a fire, don't let your sims burn. Extinguish it manually. Get rid of any fire alarm.

Now, for the positive.

You get:

+40 Points if the sims are best friends by the end of week 1.
+50 Points for eating the right meals (see rules above) for the first two weeks.
+100 Points for eating the right meals through the entire challenge.
+200 Points for making the sims lovers by the end of week one.
+50 Points for being lovers by the end of the challenge.
+500 Points for finishing the challenge!

**I also recommend a 'share bed regardless of relationship' hack.
There is one here but I don't know how well it works in al/m&gs, but I'll let you know when I test it out.

You are not allowed to use any hacks that make falling in love easier, or making friends easier.
Oh, and your sims aren't allowed to have jobs. Did I say that already?

But NOW.......

>>>THE MAIN OBJECTIVE<<<

You have 2 goals.
The easy one : Making your sims best friends or possibly BFFs by the time the challenge is over, if not lovers.

The 'challenge': Installing the house and all the CC is only half the challenge, but your main goal IS .. after you've played for 2 sim weeks, your sims develop a plan. You will redecorate the house, sell what is in it first for money, then you replace the wallpaper and floors, and buy better objects. You are then allowed to buy a new door, too. After your sims break the door to the outside down [theoretically :P], horray! Your sims are freed to the outside world after one complete sim month of developing a friendship and renewing an old trashy house. At the end it seems as though your sims have gained more than they lost!! One more thing, did I mention both sims need to max out their cooking skill [because why not?] AND mechanical skill [to bust down the door]. Have fun with this. You get a -50 penalty for using faster skilling hacks. It does though depend on HOW much faster the hack makes skilling. -10 for 10% faster, -20 for 20% faster, etc. Just ask about it if you're confused on how many points you should LOSE. :P

Alright, that's it. I hope you guys enjoy.

EDIT: When you are refurnishing/redoing the house, you may not edit the outside/buy a nice car until you are completely through with the challenge. Redecorating the house is PART of the challenge. [your sims need cooking and mechanical skills]. You should also make money buy sewing things, or writing a story on the computer. Things like that. Your sims could also paint a pretty picture for some money if you prefer them to do that as well. Or when you're finished (with the challenge) you can hang your sims' masterpieces around the house.

And preferably you only control one sim through the challenge, but after 2 weeks you should switch sims to be sure they're maxing out the two main skills they need.

This Challenge Was Hilarious And Awesome To Play! Loved Every Moment Of It,Managed To Get Them From Enemies To Engaged Within The First Sim Week,Maxed Their Mechanical,Cooking And Creativity In 2 Sim Weeks And Overall Completed Every Goal,The House Looks Amazing Now,Thankyouu For The Challenge It Sure Spiced My Game Up :D
Test Subject
#10 Old 16th Apr 2014 at 9:57 AM
Hey, thanks for bringing this challenge back up!
I was a fun thing to do inbetween all those lenghty challenges. My couple married exactly at the last evening of week 2, all goals completed. Now they adopted a child and will go on living in the house, gardening and painting.
Theorist
#11 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 9:08 AM
I started this challenge and just finished week one. The relationship was difficult at -100 STR and -50 LTR, yet a lot of fun working on it. Is the 6 pts for each correct meal or just 1 time?

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.