Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Aug 2009 at 9:17 PM
Default Oh No, Oh No, Oh No!
My dad is adopting a little boy soon. I'm going to have a little brother. He's 18 months old and he's called Levi.
I really hate little kids, but my Dad lives up north, so hopefully I won't have to see it until it's gone past the annoying stage.
Oh God, I hate little kids so much.
I probably sound like a spoilt brat right now, but I have a genuine phobia of being left to care for a little kid. I'd go insane. I'm not even on speaking terms with my Dad though, so all's well that ends well. Erm, I hope. But I can't exactly slam the door in my dad's face like I did last time if he's got a little kid with him, can I?
DDDDDDDD:<

/rantover

I need helpz guys. And not the 'it's only a little kid, get over it' type help.

OMAR'S BAMFERIFIC!
Be THERE or be SQUARE.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 26th Aug 2009 at 9:48 PM
well, since we can't kill the little kid. get the hell over it. that's all the help you're gonna get.

I no longer make sims, if you wish to contact me through this site it is highly unlikely that you will receive a reply.
#3 Old 26th Aug 2009 at 10:31 PM
That was great Ooga. And who said we can;t kill it.
Theorist
#4 Old 26th Aug 2009 at 10:40 PM
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#5 Old 27th Aug 2009 at 12:03 AM
Please, don't call him "it"

Check out my tutorials: For TS4: Eyelashes and for TS2: Eyes and Eyes 2
-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Forum Resident
#6 Old 27th Aug 2009 at 1:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Vampire_of_Death
That was great Ooga. And who said we can;t kill it.

well, you can kill "it". but i'd rather not go to jail.

I no longer make sims, if you wish to contact me through this site it is highly unlikely that you will receive a reply.
Site Helper
#7 Old 27th Aug 2009 at 1:27 AM Last edited by Ghost sdoj : 27th Aug 2009 at 1:37 AM.
Well, if you have a fit like that in front of your dad, it is likely that your dad will realize that you are not mature enough to be left alone with the kid and avoid leaving you with him. Problem solved.

At 18 months he's getting ready to potty train (if he hasn't been already) so there should be fewer diapers to worry about. Just the endless round of reading the same book or watching the same video over and over.

Of course you can also give little Levi a Coke (regular, not the caffeine-free, diet stuff) just before dad takes him home if you want to be extra-sure dad never brings him back.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#8 Old 27th Aug 2009 at 3:03 AM
oh god. *takes cover in a shelter and waits for the explosion from the north*

"When life gives you lemons, see the lemons, feels the lemons, BE THE LEMONS!"

Take a look-see, hmm...? Go on, click them:
The Super Mario Project, Nintendorks Island-Celebrating 2 Years Online!
Forum Resident
#9 Old 27th Aug 2009 at 3:15 AM
in all seriousness though. grow up and deal with it Zinthos

Theorist
#10 Old 27th Aug 2009 at 3:33 AM
I love little kids! Well, not when they're sleeping... They're really boring when they're asleep... I like them when they're sorta tired so they're not making me dizzy by jumping around... I mean I.. yeah I don't like them but I don't hate them... At least you don't need to see it.

EDIT: I should learn to read above posts, sorry, he. No offence though, why do you already hate him, I mean you haven't even met him. For all you know he could be a nice well behaved little boy. Anyway, I highly doubt your dad (guessing where you live by you saying he lives up North) would come down to you and ask you to baby sit... seriously..
Theorist
#11 Old 27th Aug 2009 at 3:35 AM
Zinthos, do you PLAN to have kids in the future? I mean if you cant even handle a 18 month old how will you manage a week old baby? Your father is doing a WONDERFUL thing, taking in a child who doesn't have a home. I would be honored to have a new adopted brother.

~~~The Official Nintendork Island~~~
"I cannot love you like this anymore..... Alejandro"
Theorist
#12 Old 27th Aug 2009 at 3:39 AM
Same, I mean I want a baby sister because I don't have one.. well she's 14 now... but when I was 2 she was like 1 so we like... didn't realise lol.. My mum's friends have a 16 month old little girl, the most adorable thing you will EVER see.. i can get a picture, she's SO cute.

mm, I wonder how my mum would have managed when i was born (I was born as a triplet, I'm only a twin now).
Alchemist
#13 Old 27th Aug 2009 at 12:00 PM
well, not trying to be rude, but maybe u should get over yourself and be happy for your dad. I would love a little brother or sister, (i already have 2 but i'm the ignored one so a sibling who actually likes me would be good)

you ARE sounding like a spoilt brat. get over yourself. most of us have siblings, it's not the end of the world.

P.s. i'm sorry i didn't mean to sound so rude, i just thought this was very childish. and as for calling him (levi) "it"... that's just disrespectful on so many levels, he's a human being, not an object.

Everything sucks, until it doesn't.
Theorist
Original Poster
#14 Old 27th Aug 2009 at 3:12 PM
I can't stand little kids. As in, I'd probably lock the kid outside just to get away from it. I don't do little kids, at all. I hate kids. I don't plan to have kids. Until they're over like 8, I don't care about them. But I do intend to be a secondary school teacher. I like teenagers, we have inquisitive natures.

As much as many of you may not understand, being an only child and having only 2 other children in the whole family with no prospect of any others is pretty daunting.

I'm not even on talking terms with my Dad, which is my dad's fault entirely. I didn't pull a 'fit'. I politely told him to piss off and slammed the door in his face. That =/= having a fit.

And psssh, then I'm sorry I asked about it, you can all skulk off again now and do something else.

OMAR'S BAMFERIFIC!
Be THERE or be SQUARE.
Theorist
#15 Old 27th Aug 2009 at 3:21 PM
I don't want to sound rude either, but you ARE sounding like a spoilt brat. I know what it's like, but you just need to be happy for your dad, and now brother. And PLEASE stop calling him "it".
Theorist
Original Poster
#16 Old 27th Aug 2009 at 3:22 PM
Well, teachnically, it's not my brother and it never will be. It's adopted.

OMAR'S BAMFERIFIC!
Be THERE or be SQUARE.
Theorist
#17 Old 27th Aug 2009 at 3:26 PM

You don't even know HIM. HE could be very well behaved.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 27th Aug 2009 at 3:26 PM
It's still a person, stop calling him IT, you sound like a little brat.

Oh, hi, how are you holding up?
Because I'm a Cass.
»LiveJ«◄▀►»Forums«
Mad Poster
#19 Old 27th Aug 2009 at 3:31 PM
That came off a bit harsh...Well, I can't edit it...so...I would, but it won't let me -.-'

Because I'm a Cass.
»LiveJ«◄▀►»Forums«
Theorist
Original Poster
#20 Old 27th Aug 2009 at 3:35 PM
I like the way you told to stop calling it 'it' whilst you yourself called it 'it' in the process.

OMAR'S BAMFERIFIC!
Be THERE or be SQUARE.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 27th Aug 2009 at 3:41 PM
-.-
Call him HIM, then, god.

Because I'm a Cass.
»LiveJ«◄▀►»Forums«
Theorist
#22 Old 27th Aug 2009 at 3:42 PM
*sigh* Just grow up.
Theorist
Original Poster
#23 Old 27th Aug 2009 at 3:48 PM
Well no-one here seems to know what's it like to have next to no other kids in your family and then have one forced on you with no notice. Because I don't call a 9 year old and a 12 year old other kids because I don't remember anything before they were like 3, and I was still young at the time.
You lot should grow up and actually try to look at it from the person with the problem's point of view, rather than your own.

OMAR'S BAMFERIFIC!
Be THERE or be SQUARE.
Theorist
#24 Old 27th Aug 2009 at 3:52 PM
You need to get over it, and just look at it from your brother and dad's point of view.
Mad Poster
#25 Old 27th Aug 2009 at 3:54 PM
I give up.

Because I'm a Cass.
»LiveJ«◄▀►»Forums«

Page 1 of 4