Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 3:47 AM
Let's Talk Babies!

Those loud-poop smeeling-drooling-crying little humans we call babies. Do you want kids? Yes? No? Maybe? If so, why? If no, why not? How many? Names? BLAH BLAH BLAH

Let's discuss
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

As for me, I want one kid and I want to be at least thirty years old. Why so old? Well because in my opinion your twenties should be all about you raising yourself, as cheesy as the sounds. I don't wanna be fresh out of college and stressing with a baby in my arms. By thirty hopefully I'll be far in my career, with a good income and a big house to go with it. Having a baby for me, depends on if I'm where I wanna be in my life, like if I'm thirty and I'm struggling to pay bills and my life is hectic, then no kids for me.

I'm a little too idealistic though, but my boyfriend said that's fine with him, he doesn't care either way if he has kids or not

"Going to the chapel of Love"

the girls club . statistics . yearbook .
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 4:05 AM
I want one kid when I'm 28. Hopefully a girl (I'll eat a lotta watermelon...) and her name will be Shannon.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 4:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dreamydre
As for me, I want one kid and I want to be at least thirty years old. Why so old? Well because in my opinion your twenties should be all about you raising yourself, as cheesy as the sounds. I don't wanna be fresh out of college and stressing with a baby in my arms. By thirty hopefully I'll be far in my career, with a good income and a big house to go with it.

I agree 100% with that Izzy, that's always what I've wanted too.
I don't know quite how many kids I want at the moment, and I don't care whether I have boys or girls.

(:

Mad Poster
#4 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 4:24 PM
I want about 2 or 3 kids, probably in my late twenties. I'm at a loss over what to call them - currently it's Isobel, Clarissa and Juliette if they're girls, and James, Alfie and Freddie if they're boys, but that will probably change by the time I actually have kids...

Happiness is anyone and anything that's loved by you.

My name is Jessica, but I answer to Jessie, Jess, Candiiee, Candy and Cand. :P
Inventor
#5 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 4:49 PM
I wanna around 2 or 3 children, 4 at max. Possible names:
Boys: Indigo, Cameron, Sam
Girls: India, Isabella, Georgia

Darkness thrives in the void,
but always yields to purifying light.

My Tumblr
Theorist
#6 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 7:33 PM
I can't stand babies. Kids are alright when they get to about 5 and you can get them out of your hair for most of the time. If I ever had kids, I'd adopt them. But I don't really want any at all.

I'm just going to throw this list of baby names at my friends. I have one friend who has already been indulged by things such as Daffodil (because it's my favourite flower and I like trumpets), Sparrow (because that insta-makes your kid as cool as Captain Jack) and Petronella (because no-one ever has Petronella!).

OMAR'S BAMFERIFIC!
Be THERE or be SQUARE.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 7:39 AM
Babies are cute. Until they poop. Then they're not so cute. Once the poop is gone they become cute again, but then they start screaming and crying and I want nothing more than to run screaming from the room. I'm not a huge kids person. I think babies are cute, but when they turn 5, BAM!, they're the most irritating thing on the planet. I don't particualarly want children, but if I did have them then I only want one, and that would be in my thirties at the earliest. I may adopt, however.
Scholar
#8 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 8:02 AM
I love em. It's amazing to see their little fingers and toes, and their perfect, tiny little bodies. I love seeing how wonderful the world really is when it presents us each and every day with a little wonder.

I'd love to have afew of my own one day, boys & wee girlies. When i'm in my mid twenties so I can share more of my life with them (Three years until I'm 20, that's not long! :o). I've always thought that when i do have kids that i'd give them names that mean something, not just names picked out of the blue, so i'd name them after all the rolemodels in mine and my partners lives and people who have always been there for us & family members..so.. for boys; Neil, Derek, Dylan, Rawiri(David) -roll the R's -, Aaron & Michael and for Girlies; Linda, Rebecca, Gabrielle, Lily & Karen etc.... wonder how much hair i would lose if i had enough kids to give all these names away? :P

Georgie. Aka Geah
Flickr × MTS Yearbook
27.11.08|17.12.08|24.06.09|06.06.10|24.07.10|19.11.2010
Kia Kaha
Alchemist
#9 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 8:10 AM
I don't like kids or babies. I, as of right now, hope to never have any, but if I did, it'd probably only be 1. I'm not big on effort, so the idea of taking care of and raising someone else for 18 years (at least) is not for me.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 10:35 PM
I've decided on three to five for me. I'm relatively good with kids and I even picked out some names I like that are the names of people I know or knew: Inspiration (old friend from Canada), Melody (my best teacher), Emilianna (Jenna's friend's auntie), Karen (just a random name) or Justice (A girl in grade six) for girls, and Seth (William's bandmate) for boys. I also have a few other boy's names, just from random stuff: Amiens, Oliver, Darren or Clyde. I don't want my kids to be a Brittany or a Jason, aka having overly boring names. ^^

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Theorist
#11 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 12:54 PM
I want children, two or three, in my late twenties or early thirties preferably. I want to name them after characters in my favorite books, but some of them would end up with some very weird names and admittedly some of the characters they would be named after wouldn't be ideal role models and they might not like who they've been named after. But I would definitely use Anna as a middle name for one because on my mother's side the name goes really far back (they're German) but I'm the first one not to have Anna in my name in years and it seems a shame to lose that tradition.

"Your life was a liner I voyaged in."
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 9:53 PM
I agree with you, Dreamydre. I don't want to be a teen mom, (but power to them!) or pregnant in my early 20's. Maybe one, or two. It's the actual giving birth part that scares me >.>

You know that place between sleep and awake? The place where you can still remember dreaming? That’s where I’ll always love you. That’s where I’ll be waiting.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 10:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PixCii
I think babies are cute, but when they turn 5, BAM!, they're the most irritating thing on the planet.

I'm just the opposite . I could give or take babies (after all, there's not much interesting or distinctive about them), but children are utterly wonderful. They're sweet, innocent, uproariously funny, and most of all completely unjaded. I tutor seven-year-olds twice weekly during the school year and always look forward to visiting their classroom because the kids are utterly delightful, even if they are occasionally misbehaved; a few of them hug me goodbye every time I'm there, they really do say the darndest things (such as one little boy volunteering The Force from Star Wars when asked to name a force other than gravity), and they always run up to me to show me the gold stars on their papers.

I love kids, and I'd like to have two of my own, but not until I'm at least thirty and well established in my career. I like unusual names, most of them literary references; I'm partial to Ira, Lee, Silas, Emerson, and Thoreau for boys, Alba, Ithilien, Evangeline, and Rosaline for girls. I really don't understand women who spend astronomical amounts of money on a college education, devote years to building a successful career, and then ditch it all to stay home with their children. I understand that part of parenthood is sacrifice, but I can't imagine giving up writing and reading and my career as a book editor; it would be like cutting away a part of my selfhood. Maybe, for some women, children fill that absence, but I can't imagine it being remotely possible for me.

I always wonder what people who say "I hate babies/children" would say if they had their own babies and children. I'm often annoyed by the squaling babies and misbehaved children that I encounter in public places, but I like to imagine that, when it's my baby, it will be different. Surely all of those remarkably wondrous moments of quiet and joy spent with your child make up for the screaming and pooping and supermarket temper tantrums. I remember being young and thinking of my parents with infinite, unlimited faith, with unadulterated trust and an incessant eagnerness to please just like those kids who show me their gold stars with the brightest little earnest faces, because nothing was ever as delightful as knowing that my parents were proud of me. I want someone to look at me like that someday.

ETA: Wow, long post compared to everyone else . Now I'm embarrassed.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Scholar
#14 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 1:07 AM
Children definitely can be cute, but I generally find them annoying. When I am at work I see nothing but screaming, crying little brats. Yes, I am sure my attitude will change one day, If I have my own kids. But then again, I will probably be one of those people who hates everyones kids except my own.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 8:50 PM
Well, in my opinion it all depends on how the kids were raised. I never cried as a toddler, I was always giggling and smiling, according to my parents. They didn't really know me as a newborn, obviously, but as a near-toddler I was apparently "the cutest thing to ever set foot in our house besides that puppy we used to have".

I'm not sure whether that was a compliment or a derogatory. >.>

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#16 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 10:09 PM
My mom said I was the energetic one, getting into everything, putting toothpaste in the toilet, shaving cream on our dog, hiding in the drying machine, banging on pots and pans while singing to the top of my lungs. When I was 4 years old, my dad had taken me and my 2 big sisters downtown, my eldest sister was holding my hand and I jerked away and took off onto ongoing traffic, my dad scratched my arm by accident trying to grab me, and I still have the scar

My eldest sister was the bossy one and my 2nd eldest was the cry baby, and then my younger sister was the quiet one. Our personalities were so different, I wonder how my baby sister will act when she gets a little older :P

"Going to the chapel of Love"

the girls club . statistics . yearbook .
Mad Poster
#17 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 10:58 PM
My brother and I were both incredibly well behaved because misbehaving was not an option with our parents. It just didn't happen. The worst I did was throw a tantrum when I was 3, sweltering hot and living in South Korea, and my parents wouldn't buy me a fan. That's it. I see kids nowadays, however, and I have no idea what their parents are doing. The kids are running around, screaming at the top of their lungs because they didn't get a chocolate. What is that? What are the parents even doing?! That's sort of put me off kidlets.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 12:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PixCii
My brother and I were both incredibly well behaved because misbehaving was not an option with our parents... I see kids nowadays, however, and I have no idea what their parents are doing.

I know what you mean; misbehaving was never an option in my household, either. I hear children shrieking in restaurants or throwing fits in the grocery store and think, "Wow, I would have been halfway home for a time-out by now, if that were me." It seems as though most parents nowadays try to reason with and plead with their children, which I don't understand; you don't need to be harsh by any means, but some sort of punishment, like a time-out or a revoking of a privilege, comes through far louder and far clearer, in my experience. Punishments were never excessive or harsh in the least in my household, but I and my siblings were all very well behaved because we knew that our parents wouldn't fuck around if we got out of line, that's for sure. I don't understand parents who say that their little kids are constantly acting out and there's nothing that they can do about it; kids only keep acting out because parents keep letting it happen.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 1st Sep 2010 at 5:57 PM
I don't like kids esp. babies. They are the most disgusting creatures after pigs for me. ( they even look alike, squeak alike, and have the same eating habits, though kids are more picky, while pigs eat anything). I don't want to become a mother, I'll never have my owm kids. However, when I'll be in my late 30's and feel lonely, I may adopt a kid. Then, this would be a girl of 6-7,and she must be very pretty. I hate ugly people, and don't want to have an ugly child, even if it's an adopted one.
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 1st Sep 2010 at 8:53 PM
^Isn't that a bit harsh, though? :P

I'm absolutely hopeless with babies, but that doesn't stop me from wanting my own. I just hope my maternal instincts will kick in when needed. I already have a huge list of potential names for my offspring, names from at least four or five languages, so no matter where I end up, I know I'll be set.

Don't you wanna fly so high above the clouds and trees,
Learn a thing from birds and bees ,
See the morning rise over the ocean up ahead?

tumblr|lastfm
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 1st Sep 2010 at 9:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elvie
This would be a girl of 6-7,and she must be very pretty. I hate ugly people, and don't want to have an ugly child, even if it's an adopted one.

It's a really good thing not everyone thinks like you, when I was around 7 I was about the ugliest child ever, but I was hard working and kind. Glad to know I would have been worth less to you than if I was a cute kid; not everyone is lucky enough to be aesthetically appealing.

Anyway, I wouldn't want to have children because my family has a long history of horrid genetic diseases that I would rather die with me than pass on. I'm not sure, maybe with embryo screening I'd be able to make sure it doesn't happen, then I'd have to think again.
Scholar
#22 Old 1st Sep 2010 at 10:26 PM
I don't like kids esp. babies. They are the most disgusting creatures after pigs for me. ( they even look alike, squeak alike, and have the same eating habits, though kids are more picky, while pigs eat anything). I don't want to become a mother, I'll never have my owm kids. However, when I'll be in my late 30's and feel lonely, I may adopt a kid. Then, this would be a girl of 6-7,and she must be very pretty. I hate ugly people, and don't want to have an ugly child, even if it's an adopted one.

Fortunately for the children waiting to be adopted, with the ever stringent rules, regulations and necessities surrounding adoption in most countires; you would not be particularly successful with a claim in the future. Not if you maintain that dispicable mentality.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 1st Sep 2010 at 10:38 PM Last edited by Ranta : 2nd Sep 2010 at 12:32 AM.
At the moment I honestly can't picture myself having children, but I'm only sixteen, so I'm sure that will change in a few years time. I actually really like kids, but I'm not very good with them- the outgoing ones generally like me, but I'm still learning how to talk to shyer ones (which is weird, considering that I was ridiculously shy myself!). If/when I do have children , two or three would be the ideal number. I'm an only child myself and have always wanted a sibling, so I'd really want my kids to experience that.

I hate ugly people, and don't want to have an ugly child, even if it's an adopted one.

If you don't mind me asking, why? I can honestly say that I've never met an ugly person- heck, I don't even believe that there is such thing as an ugly person. This sounds totally cheesy, but whether it's internal, external, or both, everyone has something beautiful about them. Besides, beauty is subjective, and it's so unimportant compared to things like kindness, or intelligence, or a sense of humor... the list goes on for miles.

...And now I sound like some extremely cliché motivational speaker, don't I? :P

"I have hated the words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right."
-Markus Zusak, The Book Thief

Yearbook
Mad Poster
#24 Old 1st Sep 2010 at 10:55 PM
\Then, this would be a girl of 6-7,and she must be very pretty. I hate ugly people, and don't want to have an ugly child, even if it's an adopted one.
Holy shit, that's the funniest thing I've heard in a long time, considering you must be very ugly to say that. Maybe not on the outside, but daaaaamn, you're a bitch on the inside.
Alchemist
#25 Old 1st Sep 2010 at 11:06 PM

You are one of the people who should win the Darwin Award. Seriously. How shallow can you be?!

Page 1 of 3