Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Aug 2013 at 5:01 AM Last edited by Djwhitebooty : 22nd Aug 2013 at 9:50 AM.
Default (solved)New computer freaked out after running sims 3.
I'm at a loss. I just spent 1k building this computer and it really urked me that playing something like TS3 would make my computer freak out like it is doing.

So I installed all my EPs, patched them as I installed, until I got to Island paradise. When I was prompted to download the patch, there was an error, which lead me to using the manual patch. Problem solved, patched the game, installed IP.

Then i began to play the game. Maxis intro fine. Loading screens fine. Chose isla paradise and that loaded fine. Then, went into create a household. Was fine at first, until I finished making the face. Everything started to become static-y and the graphics started glitching out. Closed out of TS3 and now my whole screen was like this. Went on another game, same issue.

I came here and did the configurations to the orig files and still didn't help. Shut down the computer for a night, hoping it was a temporary issue, which I now know it isn't. Computer booted up just fine, no static, put in password for computer, still no static, logged into computer, BAM static.

This was no longer an issue with TS3, something happened to my graphics card that was probably triggered by TS3. Don't know what.

Edit: Did a clean sweep of the drivers and reinstalled them. Without the drivers there's no glitching, static, or pixelation. With the drivers, it comes back. It didn't work. Clean sweeped again and did a rollback, still didn't work.

Basic specs:
Win7 Premium 32-bit
AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor 4.00 GHz
8.00GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti

Pic1 Pic2 Pic3
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 22nd Aug 2013 at 9:49 AM
So after all this drama and switching ports around inside my computer, I came to the conclusion that the graphics card is fried. WARNING TO OTHER SIMMERS: DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE 320 AND UP DRIVERS FOR THIS CARD. IT IS KNOWN TO DAMAGE CARDS. GET 314.22 OR LOWER.

Will be getting my rma and sending off my graphics card.