Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Dec 2013 at 5:07 AM Last edited by xChasingButterfliesx : 23rd Dec 2013 at 6:00 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default I have this weird genetic thing going on in my game
...More like a glitch. It's starting to really irritate me too so I figured, why not post about it? Whenever I'm using CAS and I genetically merge two sims to create a child, the males generated ALWAYS have a sharp, long nose and a jutted, pointed chin, (Stereotypical witch on a broomstick features.) Sometimes they have a bit of a heavy brow. Nevermind that fact that neither of the parents have those features! I can use a different pair, straight up Maxis sims or Custom ones and I will still get the same features for the boys. The girls always come out fine. Is it possible to fix this somehow...via mod or something?
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 23rd Dec 2013 at 11:52 AM
When you switch the mothers in CAS to male, do they get the pointy features? (Some face templates look very different on males and females.)

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Dec 2013 at 12:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by esmeiolanthe
When you switch the mothers in CAS to male, do they get the pointy features? (Some face templates look very different on males and females.)

Hm...one of my girls that was spewing all of the sharp-featured children did look very different when I switched her over. She went from delicately featured as a woman to a broad faced man with the dreaded hook nose and cliff chin. Its weird to me but it definitely gives me some leeway on what the problem is. (Which is good because it was driving up the wall trying to figure out WHY I was receiving those features.) I guess I'll try checking out the genderbent mothers next time I come across the problem.
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#4 Old 24th Dec 2013 at 1:01 PM
Do you have default replacement facial templates? Also, are you familiar with the "firstborn syndrome"? Check out the 'Rolling the Pacifier' section of the Pregnancy faq on the wiki. That might help too.

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects