Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Mar 2014 at 6:29 PM
Default My bot suddenly behaves differently
It got abducted by aliens, it came back and I noticed if i press my bot while playing as her, I cannot do the regular options like Hibernate mode, or...the other stuff you should be able to do when clicking "yourself"

Check this pic:

Its in Swedish, but "kolla sociala grupper" is "check social groups"
And the other Holofon I belive is the same as in english...
Its the kind of computer the bot automatically has.
The third... you all know that one.

But I cant get the regular options to appear after that stupid damn abduction they did...

And I just noticed that if I play my creator sim of the bot, he cant do anything with her either! Like equip with processors, or give service!

Help!
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 8th Mar 2014 at 6:52 PM
Have you tried resetting the bot?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Mar 2014 at 7:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hugbug993
Have you tried resetting the bot?

Tried in console

resetsim *
resetsim *bots name*

Didnt work :/
#4 Old 8th Mar 2014 at 9:03 PM
as with so many things in the real world, the only cure is to hit it firmly with a rolled up newspaper.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Mar 2014 at 9:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fairycake89
as with so many things in the real world, the only cure is to hit it firmly with a rolled up newspaper.

Your point is?
Inventor
#6 Old 8th Mar 2014 at 9:23 PM
Smack that bitch up with a newspaper!

Oh yeah
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Mar 2014 at 9:49 PM
Yeah... Fun while it lasted...

Now how can I fix this?
Field Researcher
#8 Old 8th Mar 2014 at 10:08 PM
Maybe try a hard reset with Master Controller?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 8th Mar 2014 at 10:10 PM
What does it do?
I dont want to redo the whole progress with my sim :/
Mad Poster
#10 Old 8th Mar 2014 at 10:21 PM
If you have Master Controller installed, I'd take it into the stylist or CAS menu that is found in Master Controller. (Sometimes I have problems with bots losing their floating ability. The reset on MC doesn't fix bots for me, but resaving it in MC's stylist does.) I'd try both MC's reset or MC's stylist and see if one of those works for you.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Field Researcher
#11 Old 8th Mar 2014 at 10:43 PM
MC's reset shouldn't change any progress you've made with the bot, don't worry.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#12 Old 8th Mar 2014 at 10:44 PM
I fear there is nothing you can do at the moment but get rid of that bot. I had the same a few days ago and tried everything already suggested by the others here: soft reset, hard reset with MasterController, changing its appearance in CAS, moving it out and back in (which only made it lose all of its trait chips and voice set), switching households, resetting it with DebugEnabler and several other things I cannot remember right now. It remained broken.
There is some speculation at the official forum that I found which suggests that it is related to a broken Energy motive, but I can't for the life of me see what could have caused this. My solution was to kill it and build a new one.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 8th Mar 2014 at 10:47 PM
Yeah, bots are a pain sometimes. Worse case situation, save the trait chips and save the body part colors in CAS.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 8th Mar 2014 at 11:05 PM
Gooood... damnit.

I swear to god Maxis. If they ever make a finished game.

Thanks for replies