Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Sep 2009 at 5:09 PM
Default do sims2 downloads work on sims3?
i just bought the sims3 base game, and do not have the sims2 base. I found some really cool careers on the modothesims site, but they all require sims2 base. Will sims3 base take them as well?
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 30th Sep 2009 at 5:15 PM
no is the short answer
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 30th Sep 2009 at 9:36 PM
No, the graphics are much too different and they are 2 different games entirely. As Kenny said, No is the short answer.

The Eclipse Forum Network

Check out the new Friday's Video game Forum!
http://fridaysforum.myfastforum.org
Test Subject
#4 Old 30th Sep 2009 at 11:34 PM
Default Sims 2 Downloads don't work but they can screw things up
I made the mistake of adding a number of Sims 2 skins and mods in my Sims 3 folder and things got really slow and my kids started disappearing in the game. Like many people, I play both games so I have to watch my downloading.

FYI-The automatic loading using the monkey guy (I hope you understand what I mean here) seems to load Sims 2 & 3 mods into the Sims 3 area. You have to manually put the Sims 2 mods/skins in to the Sims 2 folder for them to work. Even though they have the monkey symbol, they work in Sims 2 when loaded manually.
Theorist
#5 Old 1st Oct 2009 at 1:40 AM
Quote:
FYI-The automatic loading using the monkey guy (I hope you understand what I mean here) seems to load Sims 2 & 3 mods into the Sims 3 area. You have to manually put the Sims 2 mods/skins in to the Sims 2 folder for them to work. Even though they have the monkey symbol, they work in Sims 2 when loaded manually.

It is just my opinion, but I think it's way better to install all CC into the game by hand. The Install Monkey is great for getting started, but it won't keep any serious downloader going for more than a few days.

No matter what program is associated with TS2 or TS3 .package files, it is going to be associated with both types, since they are all .package files. For example, when SimPE was associated with my TS2 .package files it was also associated to the TS3 files. I would have loved it if EA had realized potential problems and given the TS3 package files another extension.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Oct 2009 at 1:24 PM
damn, i just went and downloaded a bunch of things thinking they would work on my sims3 but i guess not. Thanks anyway guys.
Scholar
#7 Old 1st Oct 2009 at 1:48 PM
Wiliham is doing careers for TS3. His first one is here http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=360490. He is apparently working on a variety of other careers as well. Also Twallan has come up with part time jobs mode that allow the teens or elders to advance into a full time career in one of the normal Ts3 jobs, and an unemployed career for struggling artists, authors and gardeners who are trying to make money off of their talents. You can find the NRAAS Careers Mod here http://www.the-isz.com/theisz/index.php?showtopic=2777
Test Subject
#8 Old 1st Oct 2009 at 8:11 PM
Nope. If S2 downloads were compatible with S3 we would have a LOT more stuff! Sucks that the coolest custom creations are for S2....
Scholar
#9 Old 1st Oct 2009 at 8:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gracied84
i just bought the sims3 base game, and do not have the sims2 base. I found some really cool careers on the modothesims site, but they all require sims2 base. Will sims3 base take them as well?

Bothering to try will result in a BFBVFS
Test Subject
#10 Old 1st Jul 2014 at 9:18 PM
I Guess u can Redo or rework sims 2 mods for sims 3 and make them capatibal for sims 3
One Minute Ninja'd
#11 Old 1st Jul 2014 at 9:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jaden14
I Guess u can Redo or rework sims 2 mods for sims 3 and make them capatibal for sims 3

Yes, a number of folks, some of them on this very forum, have managed to rework some TS2 objects for TS3 in the 5 years since this ancient relic of a thread you unearthed last saw the sun. So feel encouraged to give it a spin yourself. Lots of new tools out since 2009. But don't delay too long, as TS4 will be here in only 2 more months, and who knows what mischief that will bring.
Scholar
#12 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 12:26 AM
Nothing from Sims 2 works on Sims 3, or vice-versa. The engine is totally different and trying to install it will make your game crash or lag terribly. Conversions are another thing entirely of course.
Test Subject
#13 Old 14th Jul 2014 at 9:38 PM
No but there is a page that includes some items from Sims 1 and Sims 2 for Sims 3! Surely they have the Sims 3 stuff for Sims 2 at least, but I couldn't locate it!

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...ist:TS2_for_TS3

ALL HAIL THE MAD KING
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#14 Old 14th Jul 2014 at 9:46 PM
Someone should close this thread as the question had already been answered damned near 5 years ago. (I would if I could, but I can't. So. Please?)
Scholar
#15 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 3:29 PM
What the flying fuck is with all these recent necro posts!?!

"It's said war - war never changes. Men do, through the roads they walk. And this road - has reached its end" - Ulysses, Fallout New Vegas
If you love Fallout and literacy, you'll ABSOLUTELY love my roleplay group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/127063690973781/
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#16 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 3:35 PM
Mmmmm.. people not paying attention to the date of the last post? People not reading? Trouble comprehending the written word? I dunno for sure since I'm not any of those people and don't know why.

That said, someone REALLY should close this thread as the question was answered years ago! (@Leefish, @Nysha @anyonewhocanclosethreads, lol!)