Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
#151 Old 23rd Sep 2007 at 12:14 AM
Default Mihael Volckar
The arrows glimmered as they drifted up to the top of the screen, so matted and tangled with one another that the flickering hues might have been some sort of drug-induced hallucination. Each piece contained a sort of puzzle within it. A hidden pattern to be broken apart like a code. The excitement of unraveling something down into its purest elements and the rush brought from the bowels of the hypnotic beat was what spurred Mihael to beat his own record again and again and again. Not once in the past month had he gotten anything aside from Perfects marching down the screen. It was as if the rhythm of the music wove itself into his legs and allowed him in move like liquid around the dance pad. As though some godly force guided him to a guaranteed victory…

A pale hand unscrewed the cap of the bottle in his hand, and the orange sugar-water slipped down his throat as he tossed back his head to down the drink. Beside him, a nerdy young boy let out a sound that might have been a gasp of astonishment. Mihael couldn’t be sure. His ears only heard the pulsation of the music and the pounding of his own feet.
Again his eyes met with the screen so that he might process the next steps. Thirty-second notes. Up, left, down, right. In a split second he was turning 360 degrees about the pad, his mind filled with that song so that each light tap in the proper direction met with a new string of ‘Perfect’s flying across the screen. By then, his usual crowd had accumulated, though as time went on it seemed less and less people grew fascinated with his ability. Not that Mihael really cared. He never sought admiration from others. He didn’t care for dancing and wasn’t particularly interested in music. But, something about the flashing lights and the thrill that washed over him…something he never seemed to feel since he was embraced, called to him each time he moved.

When the song abruptly stumbled to a halt, Mihael found himself oddly surprised. Though this look resigned itself from his features shortly, and he reached into his pocket for another set of quarters to feed the gluttonous machine only to find nothing but a wad of lint at the base. The others gathered around him looked expectantly at the slight young man, who did nothing but give a small shrug and hopped off the side of the machine.
As he walked away, he braced himself for what might happen next.
“Hey! Jonas!” a vaguely gruff voice barked, and a disinterested glance back found the same metalhead that had been trying to get him to speak to him all week. “Come on, kid! Why don’t you ever say anything? You a mute, or just a snob?”
“Jonas” held up two fingers, his only response to the boy’s question. The other boy flipped Mihael a bird without hesitation and yelled something about a ‘cock-sucking motherf**ker’ as Mihael exited through the door.

Mihael heaved a heavy sigh as the cool nighttime air wove her delicate fingers through his unkempt locks, and he shoved his fists into his pockets. Perhaps it was time for a trip to The Haven.
Advertisement
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#152 Old 23rd Sep 2007 at 12:21 AM
(((ooc: Guys, just a reminder; be careful about godmodding other people's characters. Don't decide a reaction for them, if you're not 100% sure it's true to their character. Of course, if the person has said it's alright to godmod their character, then by all means, go ahead. But if not; please let everyone decide for themself how their character reacts.

Thank you.

Also, I just edited my post about Valerian, to add a couple of observations.)))

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
Test Subject
#153 Old 23rd Sep 2007 at 12:32 AM
((are humans allowed to go to The Haven??

btw: Sarah is open for any vamp who wants her ))
#154 Old 23rd Sep 2007 at 12:34 AM
(( ooc: dont mind at all
and i believe humans are aloud to go to the haven.))
Test Subject
#155 Old 23rd Sep 2007 at 12:44 AM
Default Sarah and Olivia @ Haven
Sarah sat in her dorm. Bored out of her mind. She turned to her roomate, Olivia, who was listening to iPod, and reading a advanced physics text book. She walked over to her, Olivia, unaware, and pulled out an earbud. 'You can't study while listening to..." Sarah glanced down at what was on the screen. "...My Chemical Romance." Olivia put the iPod aside. "I'm not even reading. Just highlighting random stuff." She looked up at her. "Know any good clubs?" Olivia looked back and smiled. "Yeah. It's called The Haven. You'd love it." The thing is Olivia doesn't make very good predictions. They both headed for the car and headed off campus.

When Sarah walked into The Haven, it brought back bad memories. Very bad memories. "Olivia, I think I..." but before she could finish, she had drug Sarah onto the dance floor. She refused to dance. "Come on Sarah! You're the one who asked to come here!" She crossed her arms. "I said if you knew any clubs." They were practally yelling because of the music. Sarah started to walk off when she ran into a shady figure. "Oh I am so sorry!"

((If it's not any trouble, I'd like the person she ran into to be her sire/domitor later on. btw, Olivia is a NPC.))
Field Researcher
#156 Old 23rd Sep 2007 at 12:49 AM
Default ooc
Quote: Originally posted by innoscenteyes
(( ooc: dont mind at all)
and i believe humans are aloud to go to the haven

((( ooc: innoscenteyes - I guess the "don't mind at all" were for me? If so - great.
#157 Old 23rd Sep 2007 at 12:54 AM
Default Bee
Claire saw that Carmilla has seen her staring. She saw that fear had entered in her yes. Fear? Why would she be scared. Would it be the vamp. by her side? Bee shook her head at her so she would know she was no tattle tail. She was an observer, no snitch. What goes on in other clans is none of my buisness. Its not that she doesnt like the attention, she loves when she gets attention from other males human or not. It has been a while since she had been with another man. She thinks the time is soon to come to be with another. Oh the bar will fill with them tonight. She wish she had a friend. It has been a least a hundred years since having one. The last one leaked and was tossed in the sunlight for her punishment. We use to observe the males together. She had gotten a little to friendly. Since then Bee has never taken the time to get a new friend. Vampires of any clan werent know to be the friendlist creatures. Which brought her to think of Carmilla again. Had she no friends? The way she keeps her eyes averted to the floor I would think not. Oh well. she thought. Time for some action. Bee got up and went to the dance floor. She started dancing seductively, seeing who she could real in tonight.

((ooc: yes it was for you. I dont mind people running into me or noticing me or something along that line. It gives me more insperation of someone adds me to their RP a little. ))
#158 Old 23rd Sep 2007 at 1:10 AM
(( ooc: Can someone please open up a RP with Viorica? I'm not quite sure where to start P: ))
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#159 Old 23rd Sep 2007 at 1:11 AM
(((ooc: Panda - She can be one of the regulars at Valerian's table? They're the same clan, so they're bound to know eachother? Just a suggestion. )))

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
#160 Old 23rd Sep 2007 at 1:12 AM
(( ooc: Okay Atropa, that sounds good :3 *thinks of RP* ))
#161 Old 23rd Sep 2007 at 1:18 AM
Default Zillah & Carmilla - The Haven
A dangerous smile flashed across Zillah’s lips as he noticed the woman’s self-consciousness glimmer dimly in her eyes. So he made her feel slightly uncomfortable, that was all well and good. It confirmed she had most definitely noticed him.

Her eyes jumped and he turned his head to follow her gaze. A slight frown creased his brow as he realised that a young wavey blackhaired woman was watching them intently. But it was almost instantly replaced by a slow lingering smile in her direction. Let her watch. He was doing nothing more than casting a glance in an attractive woman’s direction. And that was certainly not a hanging offense unlike his other deeds.

He returned his attention to the first woman. Her eyes now appeared to be studying the floor avoiding his gaze. Staying faithfully at her companion’s side like a lapdog. Was she afraid of him, there was something almost scared crossing her face. Instantly the hairs on the back of his neck bristled with a slow burning anger and his eyes burned into the back of her companion. But then he shook his head, clearing it of thoughts. It was not his business to interfere, not after the last time when he got a fat lip for the trouble.

He shrugged, dismissively leaning backwards against the bar brushing his long hair back out of his eyes. Propping his weight on one arm he lounged and took another sip of his drink. His attention focusing over to where a live act was beginning their performance on stage and the people starting to fill the dance floor with rhythmic pulses.

((OCC Zillah may be dismissing Carmilla – he’s an arrogant *** like that. He even thinks he’s dangerous - if only he knew he was in a room surrounded by vamps LOL.

But feel free to have her come over any time :D))
Field Researcher
#162 Old 23rd Sep 2007 at 1:22 AM
Default ooc
((( ooc: veldagia - Thanks for letting me know. Yeah. Like Carmilla, I am thinking hard on how to get her over there without Seath minding... )))
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#163 Old 23rd Sep 2007 at 1:35 AM
(((ooc: Added even more to my previous post, about Valerian. I felt it was really lacking. Now, I'm satisfied. Kind of. *lol*

Psyche & veldagia - If it helps matters, I could try and manuever Valerian over there, to distract Seath for a while? Although it'll be a little dull RPing with someone else's NPC. Still, if Viorica's at his table, he could drag her along to meet he "new" Kindred.)))

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
Field Researcher
#164 Old 23rd Sep 2007 at 1:59 AM
Default Carmilla & Zillah - The Haven

When Carmilla was desperatly thinking of a way to leave Seaths side, the opportonity presented itself. It was as if Carmilla first didn't understand, or hear Seaths words. Was this magic? Was this her doing?

"Do you hear me?", Seath said.

Carmilla shook her head. Her senses heard him, but she could not fathom. She was almost feeling ill.

"I need to talk with someone", Seath said. "And you shouldn't have to listen to two men talking boring business."

Although Carmilla knew better than to believe him, she noded. Of course. Anything to let him leave, on his own request was even better. He was most certainly not going to talk about something boring, this she knew, he just wanted to keep her in the dark when it came to some things. And she was in the dark. Even the cunning Carmilla couldn't firgure everyhing out. She was so in awe of the fact he was about to leave her on her own to think clear. He wasn't leaving her alone. Secretly, he had others that could watch her. Ghouls he kept from Carmillas knowledge. They were somewhere in The Haven, and they knew their duty. Seath gently took her hand and placed a soft kiss upon it, before he left her alone among all the mortals and unmortals. And the ghouls in between.
Carmilla looked down on her hands. She really was on her own. It felt so overwhelming her mind got clouded from what she otherwise would have seen. She knew Seath. But she didn't really know how bad she wanted to get away. Wishing for death was nothing. Walking into a vampire Elders trap with a blindfold on could be worse than death. Who could save her from herself, when saving her from Seath wasn't even a snap of fingers for a Nosferatu?

Carmilla looked up, towards the bar, and saw that the young man had turned his back against her. It was somewhat hurtfull, when she had him as a candle in the darkness she was in. It didn't matter he had no clue. "He was a mere mortal", Carmilla thought in a moment of anger. But she did hear Seaths words in her own mind. These words were not hers. Her mind were partly poisoned by his. Carmilla slowly moved towards the bar, while looking around The Haven. Trust no one, her mind echoed.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
((( ooc: veldagia - I did my best. I have go. All work and no sleep makes Psyche a dull roleplayer. )))

((( ooc: Atropa - Thank you for the suggestion, but I had already written the above when I saw your post. So you don't have to interact with the NPC. But thanks. )))
Field Researcher
#165 Old 23rd Sep 2007 at 2:03 AM
Default ooc
((( ooc: I am off to bed, guys. This was a great opening of the RP! Thanks, and good night. )))
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#166 Old 23rd Sep 2007 at 2:17 AM
(((ooc: Uhmm... Panda? Vampires can't be in the sunlight. They die... As long as the sun is up, there's sunlight. And it's deadly to vamps.
And the Primogen are with the Prince, in his office. The meeting is for the Prince and the Primogen only.
The Haven is a night club some place else... Think you got it all a little backwards... )))

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
#167 Old 23rd Sep 2007 at 2:18 AM
(( I know :P, but she was inside nyeh?

Oh well, I'll change it. ))
#168 Old 23rd Sep 2007 at 2:21 AM
ooc: *raises hand* Is it to late to change Michael's picture? She doesn't look anything like that in my mind's eye, and I think I have a better one to fit her. :]
#169 Old 23rd Sep 2007 at 2:22 AM
Default Mina - Princes Penthouse
“Very well", The Prince said bestowing her with an icy smile. "Give the Nosferatu my regards."

"Surely my Prince, this woman, however great, cannot deliver this message on her own." Cade said confidently. "I have great experience with the Nosferatu kind and am unhindered by their qualities. I can assure you that my fighting skills might be needed for this task, considering she will be walking their grounds alone... it is a dangerous place-"

A bemused smile laced across Mina’s lips as she turned to face the Brujh Primogen. So he didn’t think an elder Tremere vampire could manage to pass on a little message and fight off any danger. Had he not heard of thaumaturgy?. True she was not the most skilled practitioner but her gaze could still draw the blood of any target into her veins, weakening her opponents and giving her renewed strength. How on earth did he think she had made it through to her elder years, a beguiling smile only got you so far.

"- even for you. I feel it would be a mistake to send her alone." Cade continued seeming almost desperate to prove his worth to the Prince.

Implying that the Prince would make a mistake was dangerous grounds. Did Cade intend to mock them all at the meeting? Yet he seemed to not actually wish any disrespect, so she would let his words go this time, she was in no mood for a fight.

"Surely they both want to go to the Nosferatu. Just send them both." Jessica added.

Mina paused thoughtfully weighing up the advantages and disadvantages of having another Elder along. He was from an arrogant independent clan. Not to be trusted. Yet there was almost a charm to the thought of standing by and letting him “defend” her from whatever demons he imagined lurked the Nosferatu sewers.

She chose her words carefully and responded in a quiet civil tone. “I am happy either way.” She nodded towards Cade bestowing him with an icy smile that failed to reach her emerald eyes. “Although I am capable of defending myself and even of conversing with the Nosferatu. I do not object to some company for the journey.”

She turned to face the Prince once again. Let him make the decision. He could admit to a “mistake” or send her alone.
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#170 Old 23rd Sep 2007 at 2:24 AM
(((ooc: cherry - No, no, go ahead.

Also, Valerian is highly approachable. And feel free to be one of his regulars. Remember, he also acts as a blood doll, and Kindred vitae is just so much sweet than human blood, because of the power it possesses. You don't gain any powers from it, but it leaves you with a high much like the ones the ghouls experience when drinking from a vampire. *nod*)))

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
#171 Old 23rd Sep 2007 at 2:49 AM
((Updated with a pic of Zillah. Still a work in progress but it will do for now until I can get into the game.))
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#172 Old 23rd Sep 2007 at 3:53 AM
Default The Prince & the Primogen Council - penthouse office in "The V"
Just as it seemed they had reached a decision, the fairly new Brujah Primogen found a reason to interject. Quite surprising, as he had been the last one Damian had expected to protest. He had only recently been appointed Primogen by his clan, and this was his first council meeting. Damian hadn't been too pleased with their choice as this man seemed a strong-willed one, even for the Brujah. But he knew better than to argue. The Brujah already resented him, claiming the Prince title was more about oppression and dictatorship than anything else. Bunch of anarchists. How did they expect things to run smoothly in their domain, without someone to step up and take responsibility for them all? Someone who saw to it that rules were being followed, laws obeyed? The Masquarade would be nothing but a farce without a firm hand to guide them all.

"Surely my Prince, this woman, however great, cannot deliver this message on her own."

Damian's brows furrowed slightly. What was he trying to pull? He hadn't volunteered, but he objected when someone else did? Not wanting the task until someone else had gotten it? Really. Sometimes these council meetings were like babysitting a bunch of children pulling eachother's pigtails.

"I have great experience with the Nosferatu kind and am unhindered by their qualities", Cade continued, causing Damian's slight confusion to turn into slight amusement instead. "I can assure you that my fighting skills might be needed for this task, considering she will be walking their grounds alone... it is a dangerous place - even for you."

Finishing his sentence, he looked at Mina to indicate he was referring to her. God forbid he'd suggest the Nosferatu lair was a dangerous place for the Prince. The Nosferatu may be sneaky and secretive, but they knew their place and they supported the Masquerade and the Camarilla wholeheartedly. They wouldn't attack the Prince. Nor were they likely to attack any Primogen.
Still, the Brujah's eagerness to prove his worth was an amusing one.
That was, until his very next sentence.

"I feel it would be a mistake to send her alone."

Those were words that immediately wiped all the mirth from the Prince's lips, although the smile stayed. And with all the entertainment gone from his features, it looked more like a snarl than a smile. A very bad sign. The Prince was not known for enjoying having his judgement criticized, or even questioned.
Still, he remained calm, and within seconds the disgruntled look on his face had faded into a blank mask, revealing nothing. If the insolent Brujah was trying to get a rise out of him, he would fail.
Instead, Damian brought his fingertips together once again in that look of contemplation, and rested the tips of his index fingers against his lips, as he turned his gaze back to Mina, awaiting her response.
However, the bored Toreador Primogen Jessica suddenly decided she wanted to be part of the conversation as well. Yes, Damian had seen the vacant look in her eyes as she had pretended to listen. She had better watch her step. The council was no place for someone who lost their concentration simply because of how pretty the crystals in the chandeleir above their heads looked when reflected in the window.

"Surely they both want to go to the Nosferatu", she said, still sounding mildly interested. "Just send them both."

Damian merely offered her a glance, not particularly impressed by what she had brought to the discussion. She was stating the obvious option.

"I am happy either way", Mina said, after choosing her words with the same care and caution Damian would have, had it been him.

Maybe the two of them were more alike than he thought. They played the same word games, with the same skill, and with the same delight, and they both thought before speaking. Unlike some.

"Although I am capable of defending myself and even of conversing with the Nosferatu", she continued, still keeping her tone civil and courteous. "... I do not object to some company for the journey."

With that, she turned to face Damian, causing the eyes of the rest to follow. Silence filled the air for a moment or two, before he finally spoke, confident that he had everyone's attention once again.

"I'm pleased to see your concern about the well being of our dear Mina", he said, his voice sounding almost perfunctory. "It is my opinion that she would indeed be capable of completing this mission on her own, but if it puts your mind at ease to go with her, and she doesn't have any objections, then neither do I."

He paused for a moment, turning his attention from the group as a whole, to look at Cade as he continued.

"However...", he said, his voice growing firm. "I do not take kindly to having my subjects imply I have made a mistake. Rest assured that my decisions, no matter how small, are well founded and carefully thought through. Normally, I would've issued a punishment for a behaviour such as yours, but you're new to the council and our ways, so I'll be generous. But do consider yourself warned."

(((ooc: Sorry guys, but he IS an arrogant prick after all, so I have to RP accordingly. )))

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
#173 Old 23rd Sep 2007 at 4:35 AM
Default Bee
As Beyonca dances, she loses her mind in the music. Swaying her hips back and forth so seductively it was hard for any human to resist. Her skin was as smooth as a babys bottom. Hair was smooth as silk. It wasnt hard to seduce a human with her looks. Bee likes to think the danger that essence from her from all vampires attracts humans. Into the dance and rythum oblivious to her surrounds she sways. she can feel the eyes averting her way. Not many but she can feel the stares. Both females and males. And in her mind she laughs and evil laugh. Its not often she does this, just went she wants company. She isnt know for desire just fanties in her head. She feels some ones hands on her. Female. Bee laughs a fliratcious laugh. She usually doesnt opt for females. She doesnt find them as interesting. Most of them are absorbed in there own life and conflicts. As the womans hands are on her hips swaying with her she can hear a man wispering. She cant hear what he is saying. Something about a girl he had gotten the other night. Then she doesnt feel the woman anymore. She can hear the women arguing wiht another man, but it doesnt faze Bee, she keeps dancing. Remember past times of dancing and the men she has bedded. She has learned that is the best way to dance. Dance like you are being intimate with someone. It has more passion to it. She can lure more that way. Then she feels a mans hands on her. By his essence he is very good looking and knows what he is doing. That is how she knows he is good in bed, by the way he dances. She doesnt look at him just keeps on enjoying herself before she needs to turn and hook him.
#174 Old 23rd Sep 2007 at 5:01 AM
((cherryp3 is you person a girl or a guy becaue in the bio you said girl but they way you were writing implied shje was a guy.))
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#175 Old 23rd Sep 2007 at 5:03 AM
(((ooc: innoscenteyes - She has two characters. One is a guy and the other is a girl )))

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~

Page 7 of 45