Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 5:11 PM
Default Agnes Crumplebottom - not Mrs. Crumplebuttom? :S
I always thought that Agnes Crumblebottom that followed in the sims 3, was the same Mrs. Crumplebuttom as the one in the sims 2.

But this three shows different:
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/s...GothFamTree.png

I didn't know this, is it just me that's not paying attention, or what? :S

ingeborgsk
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 5:51 PM
I thought it was the same person too. Actually, unless Ms. Crumplebuttom is a great great niece to Simon Crumplebuttom she's just too old to be in Sims 2.
Test Subject
#3 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 11:26 PM
I tho it was the same person too... Hmmmmm...
Instructor
#4 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 11:45 PM
Not to mention Mrs. Crumplebuttom wouldn't be someone who was born a Crumplebuttom but someone who married a Crumplebuttom.
transmogrified
retired moderator
#5 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 12:32 AM
Except in the Sims, where if she initiated the wedding, the groom would take her name.
Test Subject
#6 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 12:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mangaroo
Except in the Sims, where if she initiated the wedding, the groom would take her name.

Which is one of the things that annoys me most about the Sims games.
Test Subject
#7 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 12:58 AM
This is the same person, sims 3 show the past of sims 2 caracters.
The tree is fake...cmon there is a "my Sims" caracter in it.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 1:15 AM
The tree is not fake. Most of it is from TS2, where there is the ghost of Agnes at the Goth mansion.
Instructor
#9 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 1:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ereek
This is the same person, sims 3 show the past of sims 2 caracters.
The tree is fake...cmon there is a "my Sims" caracter in it.

They didn't upload it from the game. They made it themselves, but the placements for everyone is correct. Though I have no way of verifying that for Mrs. Crumplebuttom because if you get her in Sims 2 you'll see she doesn't have a family tree.
Inventor
#10 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 1:52 AM
How can Mrs. Crumplebottom still be alive in Sims 2 if she was already an old woman in Sims 3, according to that family tree, even though she's not in the game?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#11 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 1:56 AM
The characters in TS3 that are common to TS1/TS2 are not meant to be an exact perfect duplication of the storyline in the previous games. While in some ways it's billed as a "prequel" the characters and references to the previous games are really more of an "easter egg" - something to make fans of the series chuckle, but it's not like they created them with any kind of perfect continuity in mind.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Instructor
#12 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 2:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bluegenjutsu
How can Mrs. Crumplebottom still be alive in Sims 2 if she was already an old woman in Sims 3, according to that family tree, even though she's not in the game?

Actually, being a "distant relative" of Simon Crumplebuttom could make her any age.
Inventor
#13 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 2:33 AM
She's at the top of the family tree, not in the middle with Mortimer who is old in Sims 2. They could have put her in the middle somewhere or at the bottom but instead it has her at the top of the line of the family tree.
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 3:05 AM
She's at the top of the family tree, not in the middle with Mortimer who is old in Sims 2. They could have put her in the middle somewhere or at the bottom but instead it has her at the top of the line of the family tree.
If they put her in the middle it would be quite troublesome for them to draw the chart. Geez.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 3:30 AM
I read about it yesterday on here
http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Mrs._Crumplebottom
"Agnes Crumplebottom in The Sims 3 is her distant relation."
I also thought it was the same person.
Instructor
#16 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 3:30 AM

I think they put her there in order to not have to draw a line through the entire thing to get to her. I don't think her level on the chart represents her generation considering when we meet her she's the same generation as Mortimer. The creator of the chart is using the Sims as his source material, therefore where he places her doesn't override what we see in the game.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 10:13 AM
i've heard multiple times that sims 3 is a prequel of sorts, and that this is mrs. crumplebottom when she was younger. i seem to remember reading it somewhere reputable, but i seem to have source amnesia right now.
Theorist
#18 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 1:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tiffyandthewall
i've heard multiple times that sims 3 is a prequel of sorts, and that this is mrs. crumplebottom when she was younger. i seem to remember reading it somewhere reputable, but i seem to have source amnesia right now.

I assumed when she and those other people (Goths) were put in that is was a prequel of Sims 2...

Games or stories do not have to be linear.

Anyhow, I am having fun playing Agnes because I like some of her traits and she has a smoking house with lots of nice stuff!

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 2:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HCAC
I am having fun playing Agnes because I like some of her traits and she has a smoking house with lots of nice stuff!

I'm with you. I thought she was the purse beater at first, then I figured out that she wasn't, but overall, she's just funny to me and I like her. :-D
Instructor
#20 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 2:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tiffyandthewall

Agnes can't be Mrs. Crumplebottom because if you look at a Goth's family tree in Sims 2 you will see Agnes on there clearly greyed out while Mrs. Crumplebottom is wandering around wacking people with her purse. And Agnes's picture is clearly of a different woman than Mrs. Crumplebottom.

I love how Sims 2 is a sequel to Sims 1 and Sims 3 is a prequel to Sims 1. I love that we can actually debate lineage of a pretend family. This rocks.
Inventor
#21 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 3:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alyria80
<snip>

I love how Sims 2 is a sequel to Sims 1 and Sims 3 is a prequel to Sims 1. I love that we can actually debate lineage of a pretend family. This rocks.

Try posting about game lore on the World of Warcraft forums

Now don't get me wrong, I like games with a rich background story and interesting lore/canon, but some WoW players take it more seriously then real history

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Instructor
#22 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 3:10 PM
I know what you mean, I played EQ and EQ2 so I can talking about the history of Norrath like a wise old woman.
Inventor
#23 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 3:16 PM
Ah yeah, EverCrack

That was my introduction to MMORPG back in '99.
It had some good lore, but most of it was hidden away on the old Verant website. I especially liked the background story about how Innoruuk created the Dark Elves.... good times, good times...

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Test Subject
#24 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 8:29 AM
Believe it or not, I actually made that tree! I did it based off the family trees from The Sims 2 and The Sims 3, and the little information that Maxis gave us. Agnes Crumplebottom is, in fact, the Miss Crumplebottom of The Sims 1, but not The Sims 2, confirmed here by Maxis (http://thesims2.ea.com/community/chat_06_16_05.php). The Sims 2 Crumpy was said to be a "distant relation," so that's all that I listed her as, and I did not mean to confuse when it came to generations. And I never played MySims, but apparently Miss Clamp was quite the Crump herself, and was said to have learned her manners from her "Auntie Crumplebottom." I'm glad that I'm happy to help people with the history of the Sims families, even if this whole Crumplebottom thing is really confusing!

Hi, I'm M. H. Avril!
Test Subject
#25 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 8:39 AM
I don't know about anyone else but I think she's kinda cute!
Page 1 of 2