Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Nov 2012 at 8:17 AM
Default Eyeliner bugs me >.<
This is something that's driven me crazy for a while ...

In CAS, if I give a sim eyeliner and eyeshadow, the eyeshadow is layered *ON TOP OF* the eyeliner (so if the eyeshadow is fully opaque, it eyeliner is invisible). WHY? Seriously, who's brilliant idea was that?

Does anyone know if there's any kind of mod that changes that?

... or ... is this actually a glitch in my particular game?
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 8th Nov 2012 at 8:44 AM
Wow! Am I the only person that experiences this? Or the only person that cares?

... or is there something stuck in my teeth? lol
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 8th Nov 2012 at 9:10 AM
No no, I've definitely noticed this, but most of my female sims have black 'smokey eyes' makeup or no makeup at all, so I don't notice too much... Not sure if anyone's made a mode or anything though

You must gather your party before venturing forth.
Theorist
#4 Old 8th Nov 2012 at 4:06 PM
I've noticed it as well. At first I thought it was my game because I run everything on medium since my machine is just a touch above minimum requirements (4 year old computer) but I switched my sim detail to high and saw it. These days I download 3rd party CC makeup that incorporates eyeliner with eyeshadow, Or, my sim uses smokey eyes makeup or just eyeliner. Make up drives me crazy specially eyeshadow and eyeliner because when you see it "on the shelf" on the creators model, it looks fabulous but get it in your game and it looks different on your sims that's probably why I end up downloading all sorts of makeup and trying them all out on my sims to see which one looks the best on them.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Scholar
#5 Old 8th Nov 2012 at 4:23 PM
I've seen it with a few eyeshadows that make it obvious, but I've never seen it with some of my others. Guess I'll have to go back and look closer.

I had just assumed whoever made the eyeshadows did a sloppy job and didn't check some box or another.

Snickerson: a Random Legacy Challenge. There are zebras involved. Zebras.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 8th Nov 2012 at 4:48 PM
I can never make the eyeshadows look good and just stick to eyeliner now.
Test Subject
#7 Old 8th Nov 2012 at 4:56 PM
Something you can do, OP, is put the eye shadow on first, and then the eyeliner. Dunno if you're already doing that, but it works for me.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 9th Nov 2012 at 2:33 AM
I noticed this in my game, but only with CC eye shadow. The basegame eye shadows render underneath the liners for me. It's pretty annoying but it just means I use the basegame ones more
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 4:58 AM
Hmm, my last post didn't post I guess.

Well, I tried putting shadow on first and it didn't help with CC eyeshadow, like Aree said. Sad times
Field Researcher
#10 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 11:28 PM
I know I'm necro-ing this but... wow, no one else has noticed/fixed this yet?

It seems that the eyeliners from TSR are the worst offenders. Pralinesims' in particular-- they look great, but you better be losing them alone. sigh...