Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Mar 2014 at 2:22 AM
Default Plumbots keep trying to kill my puppy
First and foremost, I apologize, I don't quite know where to put this, but I'm desperate.

My sim lives in a house with a foundation and my plumbots are obsessed with "Putting the dog out", which would be a cool feature if it weren't for the fact that he can't climb the stairs to get to his food dish, plus I personally don't *want* to dog outside. Has anyone had this issue and is there a way to stop it?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 17th Mar 2014 at 10:32 AM
Maybe you should kill the evil plumbot instead?
Field Researcher
#3 Old 17th Mar 2014 at 10:46 PM
What trait chips does it have? Friendly Functions unlocks some interactions with pets, I think.
Scholar
#4 Old 17th Mar 2014 at 10:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Trisxaxon
Plumbots keep trying to kill my puppy

KUDOS for the title of this thread!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 17th Mar 2014 at 11:02 PM
Spray the bot with water and yell BAD PLUMBOT.
Inventor
#6 Old 18th Mar 2014 at 5:30 PM
Will Smith was right all along...

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 18th Mar 2014 at 6:16 PM
The laws of robotics only say that a robot may never harm a human; they don't say anything about puppies.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 18th Mar 2014 at 9:46 PM
In all seriousness: try locking the doors, so the dog and/or the Plumbot can't use them? Failing that, but an extra food dish outside where he can reach it?
Theorist
#9 Old 19th Mar 2014 at 2:14 AM
Or move the family to a house that isn't built on a foundation?

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Test Subject
#10 Old 22nd Mar 2014 at 9:49 AM
Perhaps you should get a robotic puppy, might take to it more
Field Researcher
#11 Old 22nd Mar 2014 at 12:48 PM
Ahhh gotta love sim player problems

Maybe put a food dish outside where the puppy can reach it for a start? Or if you built a little deck or balcony on the same level of the house maybe they'd put the dog there instead and the dog can get back in? Can you stop plumbots from going through certain doors/gates?I don't know what can be done with the plumbot if anything, I don't have ITF.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 22nd Mar 2014 at 9:12 PM
Plumbots are members of your household, so I would imagine it'd be possible to keep them out of some doors/gates using the "specify Sims for this door" option.