Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 2:50 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations
Default My packages stopped working suddenly
I have been playing sims 3 for a very long time and I am experienced about solving my own problems with packages and stuff. This time I did not remove or add any packages for about a month so I don't think that this problem is caused by new added corrupted packages. My sim's hair and clothes got disappeared all of a sudden. And yes I have tried many ways to fix this such as deleting the cache files and such that. I did not update my game whatsoever. I would really appreciate if you could find a solution for this.
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 3:21 PM
Is it all packages, or just a few?

(If it's all packages, I would wonder if somehow the resource.cfg was corrupt.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
#3 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 3:27 PM
Maybe it's not about packages...just random glitches...try resetting and try changing appearance or planning outfit, get into the CAS and confirm...see if it brings back ur hair and clothes
In the Arena
retired moderator
#4 Old 18th Jul 2011 at 4:06 AM
A belated welcome to MTS, Aykocuk!

What patch version are you running? Are you on a Mac or PC?

The CAS items that disappeared are in .Sims3Pack or .package format?
And disappeared how? From the Sims wearing them so they revert to game's defaults? Or, they are not showing up in CAS at all?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Jul 2011 at 8:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharm3d
A belated welcome to MTS, Aykocuk!

What patch version are you running? Are you on a Mac or PC?

The CAS items that disappeared are in .Sims3Pack or .package format?
And disappeared how? From the Sims wearing them so they revert to game's defaults? Or, they are not showing up in CAS at all?

Thank you
I am using Mac. Sorry for the bad explanation the packages did not actually disappear, it disappeared in the game, I am no longer able to see the hairs and clothes that I downloaded, instead it seems to be blank. And yes it does not appear in CAS.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#6 Old 18th Jul 2011 at 5:22 PM
Unfortunately missing CC has never been solved, for those using Mac. We have lots of threads like this in the OSX section.

And thread moved...
Test Subject
#7 Old 23rd Jul 2011 at 12:42 PM
I have been having this problem as well, but since I did the new patch update. From testing I have found that it is my resource.cfg file, but have tried downloading new ones but none seem to work. Does anybody have an up to date resource.cfg download that will also work for mac. I have tried lots but a lot are for pc users (I assume the mac doesnt recognise it as its symbol unlike my old one, is a plain piece of paper).
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 21st Nov 2014 at 7:58 AM
The same thing happened to me I'm on windows 7
1978 gallons of pancake batter
#9 Old 21st Nov 2014 at 9:16 AM
@AmyTechnoRose, please don't revive age-old threads, much less with issues that aren't even related. Threadcromancy is bad, m'kay? Closing.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Locked thread | Locked by: Buzzler Reason: let the dead rest