Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Dec 2014 at 8:28 AM Last edited by maybesomethingdunno : 5th Dec 2014 at 1:37 AM. Reason: Merged posts: 4616092, 4616494
Sims 2 has been working well on this computer until recently. I have created a large building and have been designing several different theme rooms in it. Until now it has been working alright, even though I still have a lot of empty floors. But it's started to not pan smoothly, lagging or jumpy whichever way you want to call it.

Also, when I try to save the building the screen seems to freeze. After awhile I have to hit "control, alt, delete" to see if it's running but find that it's not responding. Has there been a Windows update that is screwing things up?

I am using a Windows 7 PC which has a ATI Radeon HD 7450 graphics. 10 gigs of ram and the processor is AMD FX-6100 Six-Core Processor, 3.30 GHz. Also, I have all the games installed and am running off the Pets disc.

Any ideas out there?

Here's an update, I noticed when I am on the 1st floor the scrolling seems smoother. When I go up to the 2nd floor the scrolling starts jumping some, not that smooth. When I go to the 3rd floor it gets a little worse.

I've cleaned out my temp files, cache files and got rid of around 100 gigs of stuff and there is no improvement. I've runned a virus scan it's clean. I don't need to defrag. I've reset the computer to an earlier version to around a week ago.

Any ideas out there?
Advertisement
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#2 Old 5th Dec 2014 at 1:39 AM
This forum is for discussing game modifications, not technical support. Please see the Sims 2 Game Help page.

I won't move this thread, because it's important to read the information that appears before posting a new thread in the Game Help section. Locking (instead of deleting) so you can copy/paste your text should need to make a thread in the Game Help section.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Locked thread