Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jan 2015 at 12:07 PM
Recoloring Issue
Before anything else, this is my absolute first mod, so I'm not sure what huge holes exist in my knowledge. I apologize if something is glaringly obvious.

I recolored a hair with ms paint, saved it, and refreshed but it isn't showing up . I covered the entire area so I know I did not miss any of it. and it was on an original colored file, not black and white. I'm not really sure why it's not showing up.

If it makes any difference, I have the complete collection on origins.

Is there a specific file i need to save it as? like .png or .jpg?

Thank you in advance.
Advertisement
Banned
#2 Old 19th Jan 2015 at 3:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Xethairius
I recolored a hair with ms paint, .

NO! That is a sin on here! Since MS Paint can only be used as pretty much a toy, you cannot use it due to the lack of detail tools. See MTS Recolouring help.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Jan 2015 at 1:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Aaron4Ever
NO! That is a sin on here! Since MS Paint can only be used as pretty much a toy, you cannot use it due to the lack of detail tools. See MTS Recolouring help.

oh haha I used firealpaca to shift the hues and then brought it back to ms paint ^_^

I just like to start on paint and test it to see where the color falls before I take time with detail work
Mad Poster
#4 Old 24th Jan 2015 at 9:21 PM
If you're working with Body Shop, then the textures should be saved as .bmp files in the Projects folder. There's also a way to do it with transparency-enabled .png files and importing them with SimPE, but it's a little more complicated.

So, basically, just save the textures as bitmaps. I'm not sure if the programs you're using are going to give you very good results, though (and I know certain programs don't even save the bitmap files in a way that the game can use, which results in changes looking really weird or not showing up at all). If you're having problems like that, you might want to try a different graphics program.