Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#76 Old 11th Jul 2006 at 10:34 AM
I draw on my monitor! ANd then i rub it off. Its acutlly a really good technique!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#77 Old 18th Jul 2006 at 10:34 PM
i thinks drawing on my monitor would be a really bad idea considering that it's not a glass front monitor and things don't come off of it easy, not even dirt and dust and all sorts of other things that come to adhere itself to my monitor.

now a bs related question: when placing bs in full screen mode, does it stay with current monitor resolution settings? or is it like alot of programs and only runs in a very low resolution setting like anything lower than 1024 x 768. because anything lower than this setting really looks horrible on my monitor and to even consider running my desktop at a setting lower than 1024 x 768 is just a big fat waste of my computer and it's abilities, lol.
Test Subject
#78 Old 3rd Aug 2006 at 11:04 PM
I have a question about the way the project folders work in BS ~

Once I import a project into the game (and don't want to make any further mods), can I go ahead and delete it from my project list? Or will that delete it from the game?

If I import a project, and then want to make more mods, when I re-import it, will there be a duplicate copy? If so, can I delete it from BodyShop?
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 4th Aug 2006 at 1:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by harvey47
I have a question about the way the project folders work in BS ~

Once I import a project into the game (and don't want to make any further mods), can I go ahead and delete it from my project list? Or will that delete it from the game?

If I import a project, and then want to make more mods, when I re-import it, will there be a duplicate copy? If so, can I delete it from BodyShop?

Once you finish your work and import it to your game you can erase the project if you dont want to make any other modification. This wont erase your imported content.

I dont really get your second question, sorry.
Field Researcher
#80 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 5:30 PM
Hi.....

I'm trying to make a skintone but the sim is wearing underwear so I can't see the skin properly.... Is there a trick to to change that?

And.... Where might I find a tutorial on making skintones? I couldn't find one in the FAQs....

I'm back and sort of not... I think I'm leaving mts2 and the whole sims2 business... If anyone is interested in uploading what I've created but not uploaded so far, please contact me...
Feeder of Cheesecake to Llamas
retired moderator
Original Poster
#81 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 6:27 PM
We used to have a mod that allowed the body shop mannequin to be nude for just this reason. Unfortunately, PayPal decided that any form of nakedidity had to be removed from the site, or they'd keep all the donations for themselves. So we don't have it anymore, but here's one spot where you can get it: http://www.pandorasims.net/sim2files.html

As far as making skintones, there's no tutorials because it's no different from any other kind of skinning except that you have to be a real artist to be able to do it (whether an artist with a tablet or an artist with photoskinning).

"Living well is the best revenge. . ." George Bernard Shaw
Field Researcher
#82 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 7:23 PM
Thanks! That's great!
I read in this thread that when making costum content the manneqiun can be changed.... I've just tried that out... but the only thing that changes is the skintone... Is there a way to change the sim into a self-made one?

I'm back and sort of not... I think I'm leaving mts2 and the whole sims2 business... If anyone is interested in uploading what I've created but not uploaded so far, please contact me...
retired moderator
Original Poster
#83 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 8:05 PM
Check the downloads section under Game Mods. I think there's something there.

Field Researcher
#84 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 9:41 PM
I'm sorry but I can't find anything... where am I supposed to look? Global Mods? I really have no idea.... I've searched for it entering 'bodyshop' but there was nothing I could use.....

world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#85 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 9:53 PM
I think it's Windkeeper that has some Body Shop mannequin replacements - some files that will make your mannequins naked, instead of wearing their underwear that makes it very difficult to view their skin texturing if you're doing tattoos/skintones/etc.

I don't think there's a way to make the mannequin's actual face into the sim of your choice - for that I've been exporting their facial data as a 3d model (which you can do if you open the sim's file in SimPE), importing that 3d model into Milkshape, and then applying texturing to that face as I work on the texturing. That was a lot of what I did to preview my Gaius sim, as a shortcut so I didn't have to finish a project, open up my Gaius sim in Body Shop, and put my new face file on him every time I made a change. I also do this when making skintones, as you can zoom a lot closer and you don't have to wait a minute or so for all of your skintones to reload each time you make a change. It is a $25 investment in Milkshape, but if you have any plans to do meshing in the future, it might be something to look into.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Field Researcher
#86 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 10:12 PM
Thank you for you reply! I don't have milkshape and am not planning on buying it... well.... my fault... but I don't want to spend money on that..... but thanks anyway

Test Subject
#87 Old 24th Aug 2006 at 1:35 PM
This is going to sound like such a n00b question but i'm totally stuck!

I've got a computer that i play sims on but it doesn't have the internet or anything on it. so i've downloaded body shop onto this computer and installed it correctly as far as i know.

I've downloaded a few custom outfits and such (Mermaids to be specific) and i thought rather than putting them onto disk and then putting them into my game to see if they work or i need to get any other files (meshes/hair etc) for them to look correctly i thought i would be able to just put them in the download folder of body shop on this machine, fire it up and i would be able to click on 'create custom part' and then on clothes and be able to see the clothes that i have in the downloads folder.

Body shop only has the red top and creamy/beige top and the long dark dress in it though. none of my custom content is showing up.

so i copied the custom stuff to my other pc put it in the downloads folder and fired it up - after about 10 mins i was able to go to create a new sim and found that i obv didn't have all the files needed - the tails were missing.

so rather than having to go through all this effort to see i've got to go back and download more content on this machine it would have been easier if i could just see it directly in bodyshop!

i've tried putting it directly in the downloads folder and tried putting it in a folder inside (ie downloads/mermaids) if this helped but i still can't see anything!!

help help!!
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#88 Old 24th Aug 2006 at 2:13 PM
Twisted Alice - the downloadable bodyshop was created _before_ the release of the game, and included a few outfits. It will never read custom content, and generally causes problems.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Test Subject
#89 Old 24th Aug 2006 at 4:48 PM
bugger - is there a way to install bodyshop from my latest CD then without installing the sims on to my other computer?

if so i've got everthing up to ffs so what would be the best one to use

or would it be possible to download the one that ships with the game at all?
retired moderator
#90 Old 25th Aug 2006 at 1:50 AM
You would need to actually install the game to get the Body Shop that comes with the game installed (and no, you can't download it - the only downloadable Body Shop is the prerelease, which you've seen sucks pretty hard).

You can't install just Body Shop from the disks - you would have to install the whole game (at least the base game, and any other EPs if you want to work with meshes from them)... which may be against the EULA, as I believe it's only licensed for one install on one computer. If you did just want to have it for creation on the one though you could probably delete a lot of extraneous files, like neighborhoods and such, to minimize its space on disk.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Test Subject
#91 Old 25th Aug 2006 at 10:42 AM
thanks for that...

only problem is that i've tried to run body shop from the latest exp that i have installed - ffs - and it don't work - when i open up my task manager its there chugging away in the background but it just don't open up.

i've got the cd in the drive so it can't be that.

I've never been able to get bodyshop to run from the installed game.

in regard to the EULA i'm sure that you are allowed to install it on other home PCs that you have, well at least i would have thought, like with Audio CDs you are legally allowed to make 3 copies of them if its for your own use - i.e putting into your car/making a backup CD of the original (which i do with most of my cds as i don't want to get the original ones scratched!)/putting them onto your PC for use on your iPod type device...

is there no user created software that will allow you to view outfits? i.e. like SimPE? are you able to see the texture of the outfit and see what mesh it should need?

Basically i just want to make sure i've got all the meshes/custom clothes downloaded to make my simmys work... i've got so many 'long black straight hairs' in my custom hair directory as i've either got the mesh for a hair but no texture or texture and no mesh...

The majority of sims i've downloaded i've tried to get all the content too - but quite a few of the things i've got people just say credit for x y z to a b c and don't say if it is included in the download or not.

if you can give me any advice i'd be thankful
retired moderator
Original Poster
#92 Old 31st Aug 2006 at 12:14 PM
Did you download the patches for ffs? It was very, very, very buggy, and people had all kinds of problems.

You can retexture from SimPE, but it'll drive you nuts because you can't preview without exiting SimPE, loading up the game and creating a sim. Then you quit the game, start SimPE and tweak. Then quit SimPE and load up the game and create a sim. Try getting the patch first. . .

Test Subject
#93 Old 6th Sep 2006 at 1:37 PM
Why does my bodyshop say "There is not enough hard disk space to import the selected part" when i try and refresh the skin im editing to take a look.
Like i know what it means but how can i fix it.
[Forgive me i wasnt sure where to post this]
retired moderator
Original Poster
#94 Old 9th Sep 2006 at 7:49 PM
Are you trying to edit a custom mesh? Some of the custom meshes ended up with too many vertices to recolor in body shop and were giving people that error.

Forum Resident
#95 Old 12th Oct 2006 at 2:36 PM
Dumb question... I'm sure I have seen the answer before, somewhere, on some forum.

How can you find out the filename of an item in bodyshop? For instance, there is an interesting genetics skin color that I would like to get the filename of, so that I can figure out where and when I got it off the Internet. The tooltip mouseover only says "New One." I may have had it for a couple of years.

I can easily copy it into a new project, but that doesn't tell me the original package filename.
retired moderator
#96 Old 12th Oct 2006 at 2:42 PM
Doc Doofus, Body Shop won't tell you that. The easiest way to find that out is going to be to use Clean Installer to scan your Downloads folder - sort by name and look for that tooltip. Then hold your cursor over the entry with that tooltip. It'll give you a Clean Installer tooltip that contains the filename in your downloads folder, which hopefully will give you a better clue who made it.

Test Subject
#97 Old 21st Oct 2006 at 12:08 AM
I need help... I want to make a Kingdom Hearts skin.
And where is the body shop?(Sorry, I am kinda new here.)
Lab Assistant
#98 Old 8th Nov 2006 at 4:04 PM
I have the same problem as PainWithoutLove. I'm trying to tweak a custom skin to make it fit my needs a little more, but when I try to import it into Body Shop it gives this error: There is not enough hard disk space to import the selected part. How can I change this? This is the first project I ever did, so I was afraid I did something wrong.

"I enjoyed the meetings, too. It was like having friends." Luna Lovegood

"It's lucky it's dark...I haven't blushed so much since Madame Pomfrey told me she liked my new earmuffs." Albus Dumbledore
Test Subject
#99 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 10:04 AM
I'm not really sure if this is where to ask, but I'm going to try anyway.

I've made a recouler of a hair from Simsconnection, Roaring 20's... My very first, actually, and I think it worked out pretty well.

Now, my question is; I can import it into my game and all, but I can't figure out how to and which files I should extrackt for sharing this here on MTS2.

"Normally" I would just have uploaded the hair with my very first (ok looking) selfsim, but I can't seeing that the Simsconnection don't want people to share their meshes (which is totally undertsandable)...

I'm a newbie at skinning and stuck and I feel incredebly stupid. Can you help me?

Thanks,
DD

---

I am sorry if there is spelling, grammer or other sorts of errors, can't help it seeing that english is not my native language and I can't look every word I typing,up.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#100 Old 21st Nov 2006 at 9:44 AM
DD your recolor is in your SAVED SIMS folder, view the folder by date. It'll have a bunch of numbers and then whatever you named the project when you started working in bodyshop. Go ahead and change the filename. That is the file to distribute, along with a link to sims connection for the mesh.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Page 4 of 8