Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jan 2005 at 4:57 PM
Beveled Glass Door - Problem
I hope someone can help me with the problem I am having with recoloring the beveled glass door. I finally got a passable semi transparent texture for a new glass option for the beveled glass door. When I place it in my game it looks the way it should, however, after I save and quit and then go back into the lot the door glass changes to a Maxis default.

I tried changing the family dstring using the hash generator hoping that would fix the problem, but the results were the same. Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Administrator of Loverat's Tea and Underpants
#2 Old 17th Jan 2005 at 5:06 PM
Yep. I've had trouble with this door as well, and here's how I solved it:

The door has 2 GUIDs, but OW only makes a Material Override for one of them. Clone the material override (but right-clicking on it in the file list). In the duplicate, go to plugin view and find the line

objectGUID = 0xCC0C1B04

click on that and then change the value 0xCC0C1B04 to 0x4C0BA1E9.

Click the "Commit" button in pluging view and then switch to the "Packed File" tab. Change Instance to 0x00004001.

If you did both the wood and the glad, you'd have to do this twice (once for each material), and the instance numbers would go from 4000 to 4003.

Very nice looking glass

RG
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Jan 2005 at 5:39 PM
Thank you soooooo much RG!

I will try your method tonight in the wee hours after I get home from work! I am so excited ... have been fiddling with this door for a couple of days.

Thanks also for the comments on the glass. I am still not completly happy with it though. Initially in SimPE it looks really good. But after I save, I hit another option and then go back to the texture to see how it looks. The image quality seems to degenrate to some degree on everything I recolor.

Thanks for the help! I can wait to get this door working in my game!

Victoria
#4 Old 17th Jan 2005 at 6:30 PM
Victoria,

If you have the Nvidia DDS Utilities installed, you can use them like a plugin for SimPE, and you'll get much better image quality.

RG
Test Subject
#5 Old 1st Feb 2005 at 7:50 AM
Help!!!
Where can i find a tutorial on recoloring the glass of the beveled glass door.
#6 Old 1st Feb 2005 at 7:00 PM
There is no specific tutorial for every object. I suggest looking at Numenor's tutorial on making a broken window to get you moving in the right direction. You'll have to improvise a bit, I think... but it's not very different.

RG
Test Subject
#7 Old 9th Feb 2005 at 6:20 AM
Thanks RG.