Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Aug 2013 at 10:50 PM
Default Apartment not 'apartmentizing' correctly - Help!?!
Can someone please tell me why my apartment will not convert to an apartment?

I have successfully made apartments before - I know I'm entering the right cheats etc...
I've taken the lot all the way back down to the 'studs', but it just won't convert. Is there something that doesn't allow 3 story apartments? This one has a basement, the main floor, and a loft. Or am I missing something else?
I'm using the same spiral stairs maxis uses in their 'rowhouses'
I removed ALL fences/bannisters
I removed all windows - since some were from Windkeepers Helios set
I removed the slope hiders and flowers from next to the building
I took out all other doors - except the "Apartment/doormat" front door.
The roof is 2 separate roofs, so the dividing wall, should actually separate the two spaces.
What else could I try???

Thank you for thinking with me
Screenshots

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 9th Aug 2013 at 11:12 PM
Are you sure it isn't your front steps?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#3 Old 9th Aug 2013 at 11:35 PM
When I made apartments with front steps i had to use an invisible fence to make it work. I think Jo is right.

1. Build your apartments on the foundation, and get everything ready except the stairs leading into the yard. You must still fully enclose the yard - no gates leading out.
2. Put foundation where you would like your stairs to go.
3. Around the edges of the foundation, put an invisible fence. Recommended is Niol's Invisible Fence (first download on that thread). In the example pics, a bright red fence is used so you can see where to place it, but you'd use the invisible fence instead.
4. Remove the foundation. You will see a shadow on the ground from the invisible fence.
5. Use the moveObjects on cheat to place the stairs.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 10th Aug 2013 at 12:15 AM
There is a tutorial on using the invisible fence with apartments on here If I remember rightly.

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...ng_an_Apartment

Which is what leefish said anyway.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#5 Old 10th Aug 2013 at 1:59 AM
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th Aug 2013 at 2:33 AM Last edited by CatherineTCJD : 10th Aug 2013 at 5:22 AM.
Thanks - I'll give it a try

...several hours later - I'm happy to report: Lunie gets the prize ~ It worked! YAY!!!
I used Numenor's invisible wall and it converted just fine
Then I rebuilt everything I'd taken out - and it STILL converted.

It wasn't the stairs, thankfully, I woulda had to bulldoze and start from scratch. But, that was a good suggestion. Thanks for thinking with me

THANK YOU, HugeLunatic *blows kisses*

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Scholar
#7 Old 10th Aug 2013 at 7:05 PM
I would have said it was not the stairs -- because problems with stairs are usually problems into enclosed back yards, not front stairs. I use front stairs frequently.