Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jul 2015 at 10:41 PM
Default Old dress texture appearing under new texture
I've had this problem with all of the clothes I've tried to make and I have no idea what to do to fix the issue. I made a new texture for this dress

however you can still see the old texture that was on it:

I've looked through TSR Workshop and tried doing it through CTU but it just crashes my game when I load the clothing It looks fine in TSRW, the new texture is on, etc. How do I get rid of the old texture?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 21st Jul 2015 at 4:15 PM
I jump here as a lame noob. Be warned.

If you are talking about what seems to be the bump map of the old texture, then check if you also edited the Clothing Specular...or it is the Multiplier?....I am not sure which of these (if even those..) also need to be edited.
The Overlay holds your new texture I think, while these create the detail you wish to see gone...

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Jul 2015 at 7:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
I jump here as a lame noob. Be warned.

If you are talking about what seems to be the bump map of the old texture, then check if you also edited the Clothing Specular...or it is the Multiplier?....I am not sure which of these (if even those..) also need to be edited.
The Overlay holds your new texture I think, while these create the detail you wish to see gone...

Ah, thank you! It was in the file contents and I had to go through S3PE and replace it :D
I'd changed both the Clothing Specular and Multiplier to the new ones but forgot about the bump map, the old pattern is gone now
Mad Poster
#4 Old 21st Jul 2015 at 9:40 PM
I said what looks like being bump map..but this is not sims2...it just looked like a bump map to me.
After the changes you made now..does it looks like what you want?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Jul 2015 at 4:50 PM
It does, thanks for the help