2 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#4476 Old 19th Nov 2016 at 6:33 AM
One to affect all lights of a similar type/class (sorry for the programming terms), eg, turn all table lights (same class) off, turn all similar lights on (eg the three bulb ceiling strip light) (regardless of colour) - useful for thing like, turn all the lights on in a club, now turn all the 'house lights' off, or turn all the lights off, now turn on all the street lights

Just call me William, definitely not Who-Ward
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#4477 Old 19th Nov 2016 at 1:57 PM Last edited by Goldenbtrfly : 19th Nov 2016 at 3:51 PM. Reason: grammar
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
I thought amora was asking for those things to be integrated a bit more seamlessly. The modders are invaluable, but of course they face limitations that EA wouldn't. I was just looking at TashaFaun's npc job pack someone linked to; I wish someone would add the jobs she didn't get a chance to, especially the newspaper delivery kid.

SaraMKirk did the teen paper delivery, if you want to take a peek at it. She also included:

Teen/Elder Options:
Nanny, Matchmaker, Repairman/woman, Cafeteria Worker, Public Decency Enforcement Squad Volunteer (a good job for your Crumplebottom-y types), Register Clerk, Paperboy/girl, Lemonade Stand Operator, Business Owner, and Zombie.

Adult Jobs:
Mail Carrier, Gardener, Exterminator, Grand Vampyre, Maid, Headmaster, Pizza Deliverer, Chinese Take-Out Deliverer, Delivery Person (groceries), Social Worker, Repo Man, Barista, Bartender, Mr. Big/Diva, Streaker, Business Owner, and Zombie.

You can find them here, right under the big picture of replacement Servo eyes: http://www.oocities.org/saramkirk/
Direct download link: http://www.oocities.org/saramkirk/careers.zip
Instructor
#4478 Old 19th Nov 2016 at 3:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
farm animals could be do-able for Sims2; I recall people mentioning at least some mods/hacks for that. do not remember where.
bikes & bicycles might also be do-able for Sims2.
new age; the steps for adding any would probably be the same as the steps done to add Young Adult. and adding Young Adult probably involved changes to the game engine.
shoes and height/weight sliders; those I imagine are also game engine things.
sims vote for mayor; from my understanding, none of the current versions have actual government positions. though some things in the game might imply such positions. voting could be a thing that players imagine.
various seasons activities might also be do-able; if the animations for such activities already exist.

best chance for another expansion might be if the game engine becomes public domain.

That is why this thread is called "Hacks and CC you would like to see" ... So we can dream about things even if they are not really possible to be done

I am Brazilian but I live in Switzerland!!!!
Call me Paula if you want :)
My Tumblr =)
Alchemist
#4479 Old 19th Nov 2016 at 3:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Goldenbtrfly
SaraMKirk did the teen paper delivery, if you want to take a peek at it.
Thanks!
Top Secret Researcher
#4480 Old 20th Nov 2016 at 1:50 AM
I'd love to see more for Pets. Contests or judging tables where you can win ribbons, trophy cups and/or prize money for your well-trained animals.
Alchemist
#4481 Old 20th Nov 2016 at 2:17 AM
Sims1's Unleashed I recall had something like that; though I do not remember what the prize was. it was at some community lot.
if I remember correctly, the option came with a certain object; though I do not remember the name.
Mad Poster
#4482 Old 20th Nov 2016 at 4:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Goldenbtrfly
I'd love to see more for Pets. Contests or judging tables where you can win ribbons, trophy cups and/or prize money for your well-trained animals.

Rebecah converted the Pet Stories agility stuff, but I could not for the life of me find it. But I found a recolour of it here. http://digitalperversion.net/garden...21349#msg721349
Top Secret Researcher
#4483 Old 20th Nov 2016 at 4:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Rebecah converted the Pet Stories agility stuff, but I could not for the life of me find it. But I found a recolour of it here. http://digitalperversion.net/garden...21349#msg721349

Thanks, Charity. I have those, but I guess I going to keep dreaming of actual pet shows/judging. Would be fun, especially with prizes.
Just think of all the fun show dogs/cats are missing out on.
Theorist
#4484 Old 23rd Nov 2016 at 3:32 PM
I've been playin Sims for years and you can find a mod that will take care of most the irriatin things. I just ran across somethin new, so if there is a mod for it already please someone let me know, if not .. it's deff goes on my wish we had list.

Woke my sim up to call the police when her house was bein burgled. Cops came and won the fight and arrested the thief. Her toddler was needin a bit of potty training so I set her to it. Toddler gets half way through before slidin off and starts cryin. The bubble that pops up is a pic of the would be thief. He'd been fed before potty time, he had half energy as I'd woke him up to use potty. Only conclusion was that he was upset at the thief. Ugghh, now she has to clean the potty and try again so she can put him back to bed.

I mean seriously, when you gotta go who can really stop mid way through doin your 'business'.
Instructor
#4485 Old 23rd Nov 2016 at 3:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
I mean seriously, when you gotta go who can really stop mid way through doin your 'business'.

Just be thankful the toddlers toilet bar isn't fully green, but there's a yellow puddle to mop up. (Been there IRL )

Mad Poster
#4486 Old 23rd Nov 2016 at 4:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat

I think Twojeffs Toddler potty fixes will take care of two of the aspects of that. It says it makes the toddler continue even though another interaction is lined up, which is what I suspect caused the toddler to stop to cry about the burglar. It'll also make it so that you don't need to empty the potty between each try, so if it doesn't fix the burgler-crying aspect you at least get rid of the middle step of having to empty the potty.

The one downside is that the maid can empty the potty, which you might not like if you want to use it for compost.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Theorist
#4487 Old 23rd Nov 2016 at 4:13 PM
I think I have that, just might not have it installed atm. I don't know since it's not an action we que. It's more of a hidden one the game gives like when you try and stop them from cryin cuz you're not fulfillin their wants or movtives and they go red.
Theorist
#4488 Old 23rd Nov 2016 at 4:30 PM
I've mentioned before about the child age needing more freedom, as they seem to be neglected when it comes to fun things to do. The take a taxi never worked for me, although the toddler age works fine. I don't use taxis, but do use the 'walk to' all the time and this works with toddlers and kids with a teen or older. But it would be great if kids could just walk to a community lot on their own, or even taking a toddler along as if they were giving mom or dad a break. Since I use the tiny residential lots (1x1, 1x2) there isn't space left to add playground or other play objects. Sometimes they use the street for certain activities, but that isn't always possible. Going to a nearby play area for children and often watching over the little ones occasionally is not unusual in real life. Although the taxi would be useful to those who don't have the EP for walking to a community lot, both options would allow children to be more like children. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Forum Resident
#4489 Old 23rd Nov 2016 at 6:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Duine
I've mentioned before about the child age needing more freedom, as they seem to be neglected when it comes to fun things to do. The take a taxi never worked for me, although the toddler age works fine. I don't use taxis, but do use the 'walk to' all the time and this works with toddlers and kids with a teen or older. But it would be great if kids could just walk to a community lot on their own, or even taking a toddler along as if they were giving mom or dad a break. Since I use the tiny residential lots (1x1, 1x2) there isn't space left to add playground or other play objects. Sometimes they use the street for certain activities, but that isn't always possible. Going to a nearby play area for children and often watching over the little ones occasionally is not unusual in real life. Although the taxi would be useful to those who don't have the EP for walking to a community lot, both options would allow children to be more like children. (:

Duine, how do you enable your teens to 'walk to lot' with a toddler? I'm not sure I've ever seen that but the mod I always secretly dreamed of is one that allows you to treat babies and toddlers like normal members of the family and take them with you when you leave a lot...

A girl can dream. I know a modder called 'dickhurt' (his words, not mine) created a mod that allows you to take babies and toddlers (as well as puppies and kittens) in the car with you, but it has so many problems and game-breaking bugs that I've never bothered to download it again after giving it a try ages ago.
Forum Resident
#4490 Old 23rd Nov 2016 at 6:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
That reminds me, I'd love a decorative dorm that looks like a registration office and ignores the dorm part. If you have inteen you have to put all teens in a dorm first in order for them to age up to YA's, and it's a pet peeve of mine that teens that are the kind to live in a private residence have to be dropped off at a dorm. Would make so much more sense to have the cut scene happen at a building that looks like the place to register on your first day, that's zoned as dorm just to fit inteen-requirement. Go there to age up, then move on to the appropriate housing for that teen.

First year, everyone lives in halls (at least, that's been my experience lol) In the US in any case, some unis have that as a rule, while in the UK I think it varies (I've been to uni in both countries but at different points so I'm a little fuzzy on things lol)

Anyway, for my game I just play that everyone has to live in the halls while they're freshers, and then they get the choice of where to live from their second year on. :P
Top Secret Researcher
#4491 Old 23rd Nov 2016 at 7:54 PM
I'd love a stroller you could put babies into and take them along that way. There are plenty of CC strollers but none that actually function as one!

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#4492 Old 23rd Nov 2016 at 8:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Another hack I'd like to see: Ask > What family are you from? Would be good to determine whether a Sim is a townie or an AL social group or simply from one of the dozen or so subhoods I added.

Turns out Chris Hatch made this:

http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...304#post5118304

Quote:
Ask About Family (menu plugin)
A simple 'Ask.../About Family' sim menu plugin

Surprisingly useful in larger 'hoods, the result will depend on if the sim lives in a real family, has parents etc. The image below show three possible results.

Should be OK in every EP configuration, although Bon Voyage is the minimum to glean the full address of the sim's family.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4493 Old 23rd Nov 2016 at 10:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by terula8
Duine, how do you enable your teens to 'walk to lot' with a toddler?

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=303968

If you had all kinds of glitches then it was probably clashing with another mod that you are using. I use it all the time without a problem. Try installing it and running the Hack Conflict Detector.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#4494 Old 24th Nov 2016 at 2:30 AM
I can't get the link, having problems with my mouse not clicking, etc.. Dickhurt's mod, here at MTS, enables toddlers to take a taxi if they have learned to walk. I think it works for teens, don't remember if I've tried, but it does work for adults. They can opt to walk to community lot instead of the taxi.

Also, if you have the children can call a taxi mod, the walk to doesn't work for the toddler enabled call a taxi. The child one never worked for me anyway.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4495 Old 24th Nov 2016 at 2:54 AM
My sims always walk so I have no idea about taxi's, but toddlers who can't walk simply crawl to the edge of the lot.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#4496 Old 24th Nov 2016 at 3:34 AM
I think this one's been covered, but I would like a mod that makes it so toddlers can in their parents' lap.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#4497 Old 24th Nov 2016 at 3:52 AM
If you are talking about Squinge's mod to enable children call taxi, it wasn't updated past Glamour SP. No wonder it didn't work for you.
The updated version for M&G of this mod is here: http://www.mixei.ru/showpost.php?p=...4&postcount=388
Instructor
#4498 Old 24th Nov 2016 at 4:17 AM
Auto order delivery food

And/OR

Delivery drivers just drop food off and collect money without needing Sim to interact with them
(Seems unrealistic but I just hate having my sims stop what they are doing or crossing big lots just to pick up food)

Peace, Harmony & Balance... Libra is Love..
Scholar
#4499 Old 24th Nov 2016 at 8:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frenchyxo22
Auto order delivery food

And what exactly would that mean? What is it supposed to do?

Quote: Originally posted by frenchyxo22
Delivery drivers just drop food off and collect money without needing Sim to interact with them

THAT part sounds doable. Though, as you say yourself, it *is* somewhat unrealistic. But I understand your reason. I would like it too.
Instructor
#4500 Old 24th Nov 2016 at 8:36 AM Last edited by whoward69 : 24th Nov 2016 at 9:15 AM.
I'd like a hack for adults that didn't go to Uni to grant another want slot at job levels 7 and 9, and another want lock at job level 8

(Or if anyone knows if there's a BHAV that triggers on receiving a job promotion, I could probably do this myself)

Edit: Yes, I could give them a fake diplomas, yes I could use the debug baby thingie to manually add them, no I do not want to do either of these as a) I have to remember to do it, b) I have to keep a list of job titles to job levels (I took the mod out some time back that adds numbers to titles as IMHO it removes a little bit of mystery from the game), but most importantly c) I want the joy/surprise of seeing it auto-magically happen during play.

Page 180 of 581