Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Oct 2016 at 6:51 AM
Default So is Nraas register the culprit?
So, for awhile now "Simfests" have had no performers in my game and there haven't been any townies practicing on the sidewalk either, I looked up the issue and it sounds like Nraas register is the culprit but then I check the bug reports and issues listed and it says that this problem is already fixed, the version installed matches my patch so it's not that. Is register really the culprit or are there other known mods/glitches that cause this?
Advertisement
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Oct 2016 at 8:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Why don't you remove it and test it?

...because I don't want it to be the culprit
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Oct 2016 at 8:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
You'll probably get more help from the NRAAS chatterbox. However, NRAAS mods work best if you added them before you started a new game. I started my old game in 2009 and after years of adding more EP and upgraded NRAAS mods, I noticed a lot of them don't function the way they should. For example, I had NRAAS SP disabled for immigration, but it still populate empty houses. They told me it is because some scripts are implemented from the start and the mods can't change them. So only a few months ago I started a new game, this time all the NRAAS mods work just fine.

So hopefully that'll help you out a bit.

When you say start a new game? Do you mean start a new save or like start the whole thing from scratch?
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#7 Old 6th Oct 2016 at 10:29 AM
When you say townies do you mean homeless Sims or residents who work as magicians, acrobats or singers?
Alchemist
#8 Old 6th Oct 2016 at 10:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DesereiPandemoni
So, for awhile now "Simfests" have had no performers in my game and there haven't been any townies practicing on the sidewalk either, I looked up the issue and it sounds like Nraas register is the culprit but then I check the bug reports and issues listed and it says that this problem is already fixed, the version installed matches my patch so it's not that. Is register really the culprit or are there other known mods/glitches that cause this?

I have bunch of Twallan's mods - including the register - and I just had a resident performing an acrobat show on one of the venues. I've also had people practicing magic on the sidewalk, even on UNI world. I'm still on 1.67, though. Don't know if this helps. Also, I've noticed that sometimes - if you decorate the show stage by using the "moveobjects on" -command (no matter how carefully), that can prevent shows from happening (not always) and I don't mean just simport shows because I don't do those.
Theorist
#9 Old 6th Oct 2016 at 11:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
When you say townies do you mean homeless Sims or residents who work as magicians, acrobats or singers?

Townies have no home.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 6th Oct 2016 at 12:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon

It's both actually

But townies generally means the homeless ones. But both are affected here. I might have forgotten to mention that, but in case it wasn't clear performers from the showtime jobs in general aren't showing up on stage. Not just the homeless sims.
Theorist
#11 Old 6th Oct 2016 at 3:04 PM Last edited by tangie0906 : 6th Oct 2016 at 3:22 PM. Reason: Stoopid Tablet
I think it's just poor coding on EA's part, TBH. The shows are programmed to occur every so often regardless of whether there are actually sims in the performance careers at the correct level. Because I'm pretty sure they can't perform at every venue unless they're at career levels necessary for those venues. (Although technically this shouldn't affect Simfests.)

Try placing a few households of performers at various career levels in your game and see if that fixes the problem. If you don't have any performers in your bin you can get some from Sarlight Shores, the world that came with Showtime.

You also might want to make sure that you haven't disallowed those careers with NRAAS SP.

Here is some info from The NRAAS site.

Quote:
More Tips From Chatterbox Members TIP: Often the proprietor seems stuck or does not show. Make sure the hidden object where they are supposed to stand has enough space around it TIP: When I send my sims to watch a Simfest, why is there nobody on stage yet my sims are clapping and dancing to whatever is suppose to be going on? TIP: Simfests are fired at different intervals. The game will spawn homeless NPCs to fill those jobs but even so, if there are not enough performers in your game there is a chance the performers are not available but the Simfest moves forward with out them. TIP: Using Register to assign performers should, in most cases remedy the lack of performers. Then in Story Progression set "Allow Find Job -> False TIP: If you put some in the Showtime careers and set "Allow Find Job -> false" on them with SP then SimFest system should work.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy