Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Oct 2016 at 12:05 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Lost saves following restore
My computer had to be restored to an earlier point today, one of those repair jobs that can't be undone. This is not supposed to affect your files, but it does, at least as far as Sims 3 is concerned. Although the last save I made is still in the saves folder, it is not showing up at the beginning on the main menu screen, but right at the end, where the game tells me it can't be loaded because it was probably made with an EP that is no longer present. I haven't uninstalled anything. And the only thing added to the game recently was ellacharmed's fixed version of the University World I (this is a University Life save, by the way). That is still there, along with the original file with the file extension changed to 'orig'. Everything seems to be where it should be. What am I missing?

I've had this happen to be before, and on that occasion I gave up on my lost save and started again. I'd rather not do that again, so is there any way I had get it back?

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Oct 2016 at 2:22 PM
I've checked carefully and all EPs and SPs that should be installed are showing up. That's checking those little icons on the Launcher and looking through installed programs on Control Panel. Also checked in CAS, since I've had an issue before with stuff from an SP not showing up, even though it was installed. Everything seems okay there. I just can't think what else to try. Looks as if I'm going to have to write that save off after all, which is a pity since I'd made a lot of progress there.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Instructor
#4 Old 27th Oct 2016 at 2:46 PM
Have you check your CC and/or Mods? Your previous saved game might needs some CCs or Mods installed (not just EPs/SPs), and because you restored your OS to an earlier point, that might caused your saved game didn't work because the link to your CC or Mods are missing, from what you've told I think your EPs/SPs are ok, but I suspect it's more related to the missing CCs or mods as you mentioned above that the only thing you added was the ellacharmed's fixed version world for your University EP, try adding back your CC and mods as well, and then try to load your saved game again.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Oct 2016 at 3:38 PM
All the most recent CC and mods appear to be in place. I can only conclude that something got messed up with that save. I have another UL save, made not long before the problem one, which has just loaded - inspite of the family and lot thumbnails not showing. But I tried being clever with the other save, I placed a couple of downloaded lots in the University world, one of which was a dormatory, which I converted into a sorority. It appeared to work fine, I even saved it and reloaded it. Maybe you're only allowed one Sorority. I don't know, something I did has confused the hell out of something!

Anyway, thank you PapaEmy and Nitromon for trying to help.

Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Oct 2016 at 4:53 PM Last edited by Elynda : 27th Oct 2016 at 5:13 PM.
There was some sort of error, now I think about it. It showed up in the Sims 3 folder afterwards. I didn't look at it because I'm used to Nraas Error Trap doing that all the time, and those things make little sense to me. Unfortunately I can't look at it now because, when there are more than half a dozen cluttering things, up I delete them. I also had to use Task Manager to shut Sims 3 down, because I had a black screen with an eternally revolving thingummy going on.

Yours situation seems to be a similar case to mine. Ho well, I suppose that's it for that save! Thanks anyway for your replies.