Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Dec 2016 at 9:14 PM
Default "Showerproof" Skintone Replacement for Bigfoot?
I'm having problems getting Bigfoot to work properly with certain objects. When they set the outfit to nude/swimwear/underwear/outerwear/sleepwear/etc. outfit, it does so on everything I can think of, including Bigfoot. This turns him into a Bigfoot head on a normal sim's body, because the Bigfoot mesh is merely just clothing, and the game usually just refuses to let Bigfoot switch to a nude/swimwear/underwear/outerwear/sleepwear/etc. outfit unless forced by a mod.

Now, this wouldn't be too much of a problem, if the game also didn't prevent Bigfoot from changing back to Everyday. Rather than hunting down the creators of the mods, telling them this, and hoping they fix it, I think a different solution is in order. What I would like to have is essentially a default replacement skintone for Bigfoots (achieved by modifying the base Bigfoot's skintone) that mimics the Bigfoot outfit, so that whether or not the Bigfoot in question is in his nude/swimwear/underwear/outerwear/sleepwear/etc. outfit or in his everyday outfit is impossible to tell just by looking at him, at least fixing the problem of having a really weird-looking Bigfoot. I understand that I would likely need to replace any Bigfoots derived from him in a given neighborhood with a copy from the new one, but I am willing to do so if it means not having to worry about this problem.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 8th Dec 2016 at 7:55 PM
Bigfoot doesn't have a skintone to default, that's why you're having this problem with certain *cough* nekkid *cough* mods. You could get around that by creating a custom Bigfoot skintone linked to the game meshes and make a custom Bigfoot with that. I'm not sure it's wise to mess with the game's Bigfoot files as they are classed as an object. The one you can find at the secret lot is a clone of this object so it might be possible to link a skintone to that clone.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Dec 2016 at 3:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Slig
Bigfoot doesn't have a skintone to default, that's why you're having this problem with certain *cough* nekkid *cough* mods. You could get around that by creating a custom Bigfoot skintone linked to the game meshes and make a custom Bigfoot with that. I'm not sure it's wise to mess with the game's Bigfoot files as they are classed as an object. The one you can find at the secret lot is a clone of this object so it might be possible to link a skintone to that clone.

This is exactly what I'm asking for. I've tried, and cannot for the life of me, to create the skintone, but no banana ("cigar").
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Dec 2016 at 2:42 PM
Anyone?
Field Researcher
#5 Old 12th Dec 2016 at 9:38 PM
Keep yer hair on, Shylok. The problem as I see it is that to do this you'll need a Bigfoot shaped mesh for AF/TF/TM etc - otherwise breeding with that skintone will give you Maxis skinned/shaped crotchfruit. So if you can keep your hair on a bit longer I'll try to deliver. I hope you can bear in mind that it's xmas, I have a lot of IRL work to wind up before the dreaded event and that maybe (maybe) I'd just like a night to meself once in a while, staring at the wall and contemplating bugger all. If you can't be arsed waiting then let me know, I'll drop this project and we can both move on.
Theorist
#6 Old 12th Dec 2016 at 10:11 PM
@Slig ...

I don't think they were tryin to rush you as more than likely they didn't even know you were lookin into/ doin it as you hadn't meantioned doing so

I can't wait to see what you come up with .. sounds interesting :D

You mention AF/TF/TM ... since I'm not familiar with Bigfoot, does this mean that it is supposed to be the AM? What about Toddlers or Elders? Just askin cuz I'm curious, not askin for them to be done.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 14th Dec 2016 at 11:33 PM
@CaliBrat, altough Bigfoot's gender is ambiguous in-game, the meshes/outfits are marked AM in the game files. I was thinking maybe Maxis shaped babies and toddlers would be best but then start beefing them up a bit from child onwards, what d'you think? The elder uses the same mesh so that's all set already.

Also, re the post above - yeah, maybe I forgot to mention I'd started messing with the meshes. I don't think I sounded mad but if it seems that way I'm sorry. Is it because I said arse? It's just the way I talk.
Theorist
#8 Old 16th Dec 2016 at 8:15 AM
Thanks for the answer. I really have no idea what would be best. I generally don't play any of the supernaturals. Would Bigfoot fall in the supernatural catagory? He's more myth .. hmm.. but anyway ... :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 24th Dec 2016 at 9:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
Thanks for the answer. I really have no idea what would be best. I generally don't play any of the supernaturals. Would Bigfoot fall in the supernatural catagory? He's more myth .. hmm.. but anyway ... :D

It's complicated, depends on which Bigfoot we're talking about. The base Bigfoot, "Bigfoot Bigfoot", is technically a heavily-scripted object in the shape of a sim, like Grimmy or Miss Crumplebutt. The way it works is that all Bigfoots you see in-game are slightly-modified clones of the base Bigfoot, with changes to the face and first name being the only real changes in visual design. I'm not sure how the clones work, but they act like normal sims, not counting some extra scripting, so whether they are normal sims with extra scripting or sim-shaped objects, I can't say for sure. PlantSim babies work a similar way, with a heavily-scripted genetic father object known as Ideal Plantsim, but the results are definitely sims.

Knowing that Bigfoots can't be made, only cloned from the template, I would say Bigfoots are highly-complex objects, and thus not a lifestate like Vampire is.

@Slig
And don't worry, I can totally wait that long for a fix. It's for the good of The Sims 2 as a whole. I'd also like to see the base skin meshes turned into nude clothing, if that's okay with you. I can wait as long as you need to. And now that I think about it, you really don't need to make all of the non-male-adult-and-elder meshes, considering that Bigfoot can only be in those two states, and thus will never reach the others. But if you want to for whatever reason, fine with me.