Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th May 2010 at 12:17 PM Last edited by emmzx : 29th May 2010 at 4:07 PM.
Default Kate Winslet as Rose- Feedback appreciated -- New Eyes?
Hey guys, so this was requested quite a while ago and I've finally dug it up again and worked on it a bit. She isn't looking quite right to me yet, so I'd love some feedback.
I can already see her lips are too wide, so I'll fix that soon. I'll also need to download the head shape sliders.
Thanks!

Screenshots

People who say sunshine brings happiness have obviously never danced in the rain.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 12th May 2010 at 4:01 PM
I would try and get her skin lighter, to give her that peaches & cream complection. She always has lovely skin!! Also, I think her face should be a little bit wider, to widen the cheekbones. You might have to redo the jaw a little bit, but I think the effect will be nice. The nose is maybe slightly too defined? Across the bridge it looks like her nose is more flat, or smoothed into her face.

Very good start!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th May 2010 at 3:17 PM
Lol Damocles
I agree about the jaw not looking quite right but I'm not too sure what I should change about it. Less jaw width?
With the nose I can't make the bride less defined without makes the tip look smushed and weird I'm using KittyKlan's Hi-Def blush so i'll try lightening the area around the nose and see how that looks.
Update soon!

People who say sunshine brings happiness have obviously never danced in the rain.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th May 2010 at 7:40 AM
Sorry it's taken a while, but I was having trouble with the jaw

I made quite a few changes, but they're all VERY subtle so I included a before and after pic. I didn't even realise how off the jaw looked before I took the hair off, so thanks Ahlaam21! I also made her skin paler.

Oh yeah and the before pic was actually after I made a few changes, but you get the idea.

Oops sorry for the double post.

Field Researcher
#5 Old 15th May 2010 at 3:10 PM
Very nice! For her nose, I would suggest using the flatter nose as a start, and rotating the tip down... I tried this with another sim I am working on last night, and I got the flared nostril look down pretty good! It takes awhile to play with it, but worth it. See how her bridge is wider than yours, and very smooth into her face? I'll see if I can find a pic for an example. Also, I would make the brows slightly thicker.

edit for picture:

See how her nostrils flare a little? Obviously you don't want quite the same WHOLE nose shape, but the notril flare would be nice. I'd start with a nose that has a bit of a flare and work from there.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 16th May 2010 at 2:48 AM
I tried what you said and it just made Kate's nose look completely flat (see attached pics). But I get what you mean with the whole flared nostril look so I raised the nostrils a bit which looks a bit better. And i lightened the area around the nose even more to get a less defined bridge.

Feel free to jump in with more feedback!

Is she recognisable?

Screenshots

Test Subject
#7 Old 16th May 2010 at 3:54 AM
Good job so far! But the hair isn’t looking right, the way it is makes her forehead look really big… to me anyways. The eye brows are looking just about perfect but I would try to make the ends a little bit higher if you look at hers it gets further away from the eye and in the sim it’s a little to close so if there is anything you can do about that I think it would add just that little extra touch and the lips are perfect the way they are. I cant wait to see the new improvements!

"Ya know she could be faking."
"Yeah what do you wanna do poke her with a stick?"
[nods]
"Dude youre not gonna poke her with a stick?"
Forum Resident
#8 Old 17th May 2010 at 11:14 AM
Emmz, can you try using a smaller iris on her and making her eye colour more brown?
Could you put the blush on the apple of her cheek and not in the hollows.
Mouth a smidgen wider.
Have you got her skintone on the lightest setting as she is still too tanned.
Take her nostril width up.

She is not screaming KW to me at the mo, but you will get there. Good job so far.

I feel honoured, a Spanish magazine wants to feature my Desperate Housewives and Will Smith in their feature on celebrity sims.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th May 2010 at 7:55 AM
Thanks so much Audrey. I've made the mouth and nostrils wider, and made her paler. I don't want to put it on the lightest setting because she looks extremely deathly white, so I've kept a bit of colour.
I'm using Kitty Klan's Hi-Def blush so I can't change where the blush is, but I think the shadows are just because of her face shape. Also, do you mean make her eyes brown? Because I'm pretty sure she has green eyes in the movie.
And I raised the outer brow a bit.

Has a vampire viking fetish
retired moderator
#10 Old 20th May 2010 at 9:08 AM
Hey emmzx she's looking pretty good so far.

I think her top lip may be a tiny bit too wide. They bulge out a little too much at the edges. See if you can fix it without the cupids bow getting too narrow.

This one's a doozy. I mean it looks like her, but it's not screaming Kate Winslet to me. I think she may be one of those faces that drive you mental.
Test Subject
#11 Old 20th May 2010 at 11:01 AM
This is really good! Maybe play around with different eyes- like flajko's moving eyes. In the real life picture, her pupils seem a tiny bit smaller and farther apart (and maybe darker?). Her eyebrows could be a smidge darker, too. Maybe I've been looking at this picture too long. I'm having a hard time picking out things to improve... aiya.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 21st May 2010 at 10:58 AM Last edited by emmzx : 21st May 2010 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Added picture with long hair
Aiiyaa indeed haha
Thanks you guys, I've made quite a few of those changes (though they're not too obvious), and I think she looks a lot better now. I also tried to fix the lips as much as i could, and made her even paler.
I'm having trouble finding some better eyes. I did try flajko's moving eyes but they're way too small and makes her look really strange. I've download a bunch of other contacts but they all make her look cross-eyed. At the moment I'm using Shady's Sparkling Eye contacts.
I've been comparing her to a heap of other reference photos, so hopefully she's looking more like Kate overall, even if its not exactly like the reference picture I'm using right now.

Scholar
#13 Old 21st May 2010 at 9:37 PM
The only things I see - and they are really minor - are that it looks like there's a dip between her nose and the nostril area (shading/definition ? ) and her nose above the nostrils needs to be wider with the nasal bridge a bit narrower. The cupid's bow - V - on the sim is a little tiny bit narrower than the photo and the upper lip on the sim a "smidge" narrower. Can you make her cheekbones a bit fuller? The model has quite rounded cheeks. Great work!
Instructor
#14 Old 21st May 2010 at 11:22 PM
love that long hair on her... It's perfect for her.

I don't take requests. :-)

"You with this lovely baby blue/green huge eyes and this evil touch...couldn't be more adorable" - My Vera
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 25th May 2010 at 11:07 AM
Thanks SimmyRN and Wicked_poppies. I feel kind of bad though coz i could only do one of the things you suggested, which was making her cheeks fuller. I could probably fix some of those things if i had made a face mask, but i have no idea how to lol. Also the cupid's bow and the upper lip are controlled by the same slider, so I can't change one of those without changing the other.
Sorry this took so long, i broke my toe last week XD

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 26th May 2010 at 12:57 AM
Yes I do, but I kind of like having her mouth closed in a neutral expression

Scholar
#17 Old 27th May 2010 at 4:26 AM
Very nice! Can you raise her jaw? It looks like the model's jaw is about even/level with where her lips meet in the middle. Also, if you can raise the outer corners of the sim's eyebrows, she would be even closer.
Forum Resident
#18 Old 28th May 2010 at 12:29 PM
Emmz she is looking great. The only thing I would say is widen her mouth a tad so she doesn't look as pouty.
I would also widen her chin a bit with Bella's slider chin width.

Love her outfits.

I feel honoured, a Spanish magazine wants to feature my Desperate Housewives and Will Smith in their feature on celebrity sims.
Retired
retired moderator
#19 Old 28th May 2010 at 3:07 PM
I think there's just too much definition on the bridge of the nose, and the nose could stand the tiniest (and I really mean tiniest) increase in width. Also, is her chin a smidge too small? A very beautiful Sim you're making here.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Field Researcher
#20 Old 28th May 2010 at 8:42 PM
Each time you update, it looks more and more like her. I don't have sims3, but I just wanted to say I can definately see Kate Winslet in your sim. Good job so far.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 29th May 2010 at 7:54 AM Last edited by emmzx : 29th May 2010 at 10:30 AM.
Wow, thanks everyone! It's really good to know she's getting there.
I made most of the changes suggested.
- wider lips
- outer corner brow raised
- jaw height higher
- wider chin
- nose a tiiiinyy bit wider

I also think she looks really good in this hair, so I'll put it as her formal hair.

(oops i think i made the eyebrows too light. I'll fix that soon)

Lab Assistant
#22 Old 29th May 2010 at 11:04 AM
She looks a lot like Rose Honestly don't see anything that needs changed, good job

Are thee a fan of delicious flavor?

Where'd thee obtain that juice box an doth it come in grapalicious?
Field Researcher
#23 Old 29th May 2010 at 1:48 PM
Wow,she's really gorgeous! :D
The only thing I would consider changing(trying) are some contacts with smaller iris!
Maybe mine,or if you don't like mine try other contacts!
It'll improve her realistic look a lot!
I would really appreciate If you could post side by side picture of your sim having her current eyes and some other contacts with smaller iris
even if you don't like the change,so I could see how it looks(just to see if I'm right!)
Ok?

F I R S T steps are the H A R D E S T, but I'll O V E R C O M E them and R U N a thousand miles ahead...
...T R U S T me, you'll L O V E me !!!
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#24 Old 29th May 2010 at 2:44 PM

Based on this comparison, I'd say you are almost finished with her face.

What I see is that her face, overall, is too wide. The temple area, in particular, should come in quite a bit. I'm not sure how you'd accomplish this, except to make the whole face more narrow, and then rework the cheeks and jaw.

Her eyes are perfect, maybe a smaller iris. Can you make the eyebrow arch further out, or use a different eyebrow. The outside of the eyebrow is much too low, and you may not benefit by working it too much, as the eye shape will change, and you don't want that!!!!

Her nosebridge needs to be quite a bit wider, then smoothed out. And the nosetip should also be a bit wider. Maybe make the whole nose wider, then bring the nostrils back in to match, but I'm not sure how that would work. And I think we need to see more of her nostril holes.

Her mouth is great!

Just nits and picks, darlin', and you're there!
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 29th May 2010 at 4:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by flajko
Wow,she's really gorgeous! :D
The only thing I would consider changing(trying) are some contacts with smaller iris!
Maybe mine,or if you don't like mine try other contacts!
It'll improve her realistic look a lot!
I would really appreciate If you could post side by side picture of your sim having her current eyes and some other contacts with smaller iris
even if you don't like the change,so I could see how it looks(just to see if I'm right!)
Ok?

I think someone did mention trying to get smaller eyes before, so I downloaded a heap of contacts, but they all were either too small or made her look cross eyed.
Here are some examples of what i mean-

So I tried to make some that would fit her, and this is what i got. They aren't that great but I think they're in the right position. But is it just me or are they too small now? haha, maybe I'm not used to them yet or something. Should I make them a tiny bit bigger?

Also thank you SO much Simmiller, that picture is brilliant. I've already made a few of those changes but I'll update on those later with a comparison picture. I don't think i can flatten the bridge any more though, because her nose tip will go flat. Thanks!

Locked thread | Locked by: Yogi-Tea Reason: contains useful info for sim creators
Page 1 of 2