Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Mar 2015 at 4:14 AM
Default WCIF invisible floor separators
Does anyone know of an invisible recolor of the floor divider fence from pets? It's called "The Great DIvide" or something. Basically I'm looking for an invisible fence sims can step over but tricks the game into thinking an area is a seperate room.

Thanks

Visit my ToT challenge here.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 4th Mar 2015 at 9:55 AM
This set includes an invisible recolour.
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=97319
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Mar 2015 at 1:27 PM Last edited by lbsgirl24 : 4th Mar 2015 at 1:42 PM.
Ah thanks for pointing that out

EDIT: It seems this set doesn't let sims walk over the fence which is what I need in an invisible fence. I can't use a full sized invisible fence and an invisible gate as I'd rather have the whole area free to be walked over. I'm more looking for an invisible fence that blocks sound but not movement.

Visit my ToT challenge here.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 13th Jan 2017 at 9:39 AM
Borrowing this thread to ask the same thing. Does anyone know of an invisible version of a fence that Sims can walk over? I'd like to fence in things like pet beds and cribs, since I find it unreasonable that pets and babies can't sleep with the stereo on, but it looks weird with visible fence so would be awesome with an invisible alternative for those situations.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#5 Old 13th Jan 2017 at 9:45 PM
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6 Old 13th Jan 2017 at 10:55 PM
You would think something like that might have been done since invisible fences are a thing. Not heard of one of that particular type though

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#7 Old 13th Jan 2017 at 11:19 PM
Thank you Michelle, you rock! Hope you'll upload it, cause I'm sure I'm not the only one that wants it And thanks HL, useful to know which resource to edit in future.

Mad Poster
#8 Old 14th Jan 2017 at 6:56 AM
I wish they would let us share things in this forum. Sometimes something is just small and doesn't need uploaded.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#9 Old 14th Jan 2017 at 10:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I wish they would let us share things in this forum. Sometimes something is just small and doesn't need uploaded.

Put it on SimsFileShare and provide a link?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Scholar
#10 Old 14th Jan 2017 at 12:06 PM
Damn!
I've been looking for the exact same thing.

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 14th Jan 2017 at 2:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon

Isn't that what Michelle did? Uploaded it elsewhere and provided a link? I've seen that done before on this forum by different people, without being removed. Would be great if rules were clear I don't quite see how linking to a tumblr post or linking to simfileshare is all that much different, when the whole point of this forum is providing links to something specific someone is looking for.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#12 Old 14th Jan 2017 at 4:50 PM
The whole point of something being uploaded on the site is that the files here are checked by moderators and you can have a certain level of confidence the thing is ok (I recently rejected a lot, for example, that had been played before packing and was full of sim references).

Things that are linked to off-site aren't MTS's responsibility - you download at your own risk. Same as any other link provided by users. The rules are pretty clear - stuff isn't allowed on the site that isn't at least checked once by a staff member. Stuff off-site is not our concern.

Mad Poster
#13 Old 14th Jan 2017 at 5:11 PM
Alright. I assumed Michelle did put it on simfileshare and provide a link, but perhaps I was mistaken

Theorist
#14 Old 14th Jan 2017 at 11:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
Isn't that what Michelle did? Uploaded it elsewhere and provided a link?

@gummilutt - Yes I did, I uploaded it to MediaFire and provided a link to it.

Quote: Originally posted by maxon

@maxon - If you have SimsFileShare you can link to it but not Mediafire, is that correct?

Anyone wanting the 'Invisible Great Divide by Divisive Divicrats' send me a PM.

Whenever you see a "Say Thanks" button show the creator you appreciate their work...click on it.
You can also find more of my work at Leefish and Plumb Bob Keep
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#15 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 12:54 AM
The only links we allow here is for content from dead sites. If you want to make content because someone is asking for it, then you need to share it via the queue or another site. The fence was created specifically because of this WCIF that was brought up from the dead. I had already asked Michelle to stop doing this in WCIF.

Apparently the announcement here that had the rules in it, seems to have gone MIA.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 6:01 PM
I'm sorry HL, but when you say links, do you mean links to direct downloads? Because links to where things are is kind of the whole point of this forum, so I'm confused.

And I'm sorry if bringing a thread back is bad, I thought you were supposed to use search and see if your question had been asked before. If there is a thread asking for the same thing I thought it made more sense to ask there, if the person posting it is still active (which I did go check that OP was, logged in last four days ago). Just seemed nicer to ask again in the thread, that way if I get an answer the odds are higher that it reaches that person too.

Alchemist
#17 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 5:50 AM
You could also use the large invisible fence, and an invisible gate http://under-your-skin.com/?p=5089

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/