Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Nov 2016 at 1:47 AM
Default WCIF this cloudy sky?
http://i.imgur.com/DCOhqAX.png?1

Does anyone know where I can find this cloudy sky for my game?
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 30th Nov 2016 at 2:26 AM
There are various sky globes around and I certainly would not remember who made what exact cloud pattern, but you might find something you like here: http://nimi4.livejournal.com/49332.html.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Nov 2016 at 2:28 AM
Thank you!!
Meet Me In My Next Life
#4 Old 30th Nov 2016 at 2:40 AM
@ joandsarah77 I check your link out, how do you place or where do you place these Sky objects ? Thanks

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Alchemist
#5 Old 30th Nov 2016 at 2:41 AM Last edited by omglo : 30th Nov 2016 at 2:52 AM.
Here's a link to the tumblr user who built that lot. You can send her a WCIF. http://yun-sims.tumblr.com/post/150...cent-goth-manor

ETA: You put the sky at the outer corner of the terrain.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 30th Nov 2016 at 2:53 AM
This is the one I use so I can say that you place it in hood view and you will find it in the hood deco section. Some sky globes get placed inside lots. As you go to place it you will see it looks like half of a globe that you are placing over your hood, so you normally place it near an edge and juggle it a bit to get it right. You want one with a horizon if you have grass going to the edge. You will also need a neighbourhood camera mod to be able to place it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Meet Me In My Next Life
#7 Old 30th Nov 2016 at 3:27 AM
Ok Thanks Jo's The last Camera I use did not work well, I got it here on MTS but forgot who made it. I really don't know if I should even use it my PC Monitor is HD16:9 widescreen with a 1920 x 1080 resolution..
I never see my sky unless I zoom out, I forgot which EP took Sims Sky away when it was added, I remember when I was playing Sims on Window 98 There was always a nice sky and at night stars.
What camera Mod do you use?

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 30th Nov 2016 at 4:00 AM
I use one made by CTNutmegger, tweaked by Jessa to be closer. It zooms into 1 so hood deco can be placed clsoe up. I tried an in lot camera and that crashed my game. They said on the thread that it does that to some people with M&G so I figured I was one of them, removed it and haven't tried again. I'm happy with just a neighbourhood camera since that was what I really needed.

She posted it in her Kettle falls series https://www.youtube.com/playlist?li...AbD5s3zwpLVcJTh check under the videos under show more.

~Call me Jo~
Meet Me In My Next Life
#9 Old 30th Nov 2016 at 11:33 PM
Jo's I check on Jessa YouTube channel under show more when I went to the link to download the camera ( drop box ) all I got was a camera Txt 2 KB ( Not sure if that is it ) also I was not sure if I need to sign up. I really did not want to.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 1st Dec 2016 at 12:02 AM
Yes a txt file is what it is. Copy and save your games hood camera someplace safe and replace it with the downloaded txt file. Sims 2>Cameras.

~Call me Jo~
Meet Me In My Next Life
#11 Old 1st Dec 2016 at 12:16 AM Last edited by Simonut : 1st Dec 2016 at 1:57 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Yes a txt file is what it is. Copy and save your games hood camera someplace safe and replace it with the downloaded txt file. Sims 2>Cameras.

@ joandsarah77 Thank you so much you are always so helpful and explaining things clearly. :lovestruc Much love to you Jo's.

P.S. I just look in the camera files so I think I would save the File that say Neighborhood Camera ( Right or not ? ) there are other camera files there as well, want to be sure to pull and save the correct one.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 1st Dec 2016 at 2:51 AM
You're welcome. Yes, it's only the neighbourhood camera.

~Call me Jo~
Meet Me In My Next Life
#13 Old 1st Dec 2016 at 3:07 AM
Thanks you so much again Jo's