Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Dec 2016 at 3:12 AM Last edited by lauratje86 : 4th Dec 2016 at 4:22 AM.
Default WCIF: Water Coolers, A Specific Style Of Tiled Floor & A WCIF From An Upload By Maxon?
A bit of a random WCIF from me today! I'm looking for two different things that I want for my current iteration of Widespot, and a few things that I spotted on a picture in an upload by Maxon.

Firstly I am looking for a water cooler/fountain that a) increases the Hunger motive (not Energy or anything else, just Hunger!) and b) is usable by sims of child age and older. I would like something fairly modern-looking, that could be used on a variety of lots including a police station, offices and a school.

This one by Rebecah increases Hunger (and Fun, which is a pity) and is usable by children, but to me it looks like something that would only be found in a school, not in offices or a police station. This one by Boblishman looks perfect but isn't usable by children and increases Energy rather than Hunger and the drinking fountain in this set by Phaenoh does everything that I want but is only available in three colours - if anyone know of any recolours of it (in Maxis Match colours, like the AL woods, MALM woods, Seasons woods, LACK colours etc) that would be perfect! :-) Or links to any other functional water coolers would be great too!

I am also looking for a floor tile that matches the background of the white-on-black restroom tiles that @Michelle made and shared here. The ones with the background of the little white tiles match an in-game tiled floor, and I'm looking for that floor in black, basically. So, little black tiles. Has anyone seen this anywhere?

And finally I'm looking for the circled things from the picture shown below, which is from an upload post by @Maxon from their Vintage Caravan/Trailer Fixture Overlays upload.

As always, suggestions/links are much appreciated! :-D

**ETA** I found a functional water cooler by Raynuss which looks pretty good, but I would still love more links if there's anything else out there! :-)
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 2nd Dec 2016 at 7:11 PM
The lamp is from Caravan Shop Sims in one of their caravan sets. They had a name change (and I've forgotten again what it was changed to). The site is now down but the stuff is available somewhere - maybe the Graveyard. I'll have a look.

The slatted window and the awning I'll have to check - though I'm pretty sure the window is PixelSims (probably also now disappeared). I've always liked that awning - it's a nice modest size when so many of them are huge.

There's an issue with that rounded window - I did a large amount of Photoshopping with that so it doesn't look exactly like that in game. I'll try and find the original of the picture. It was made for an upload for a cinema ticket office. Completely forgotten the name but I can check. It has a nice feature that when you put it on a diagonal the window is rounded. But that causes issues with the flat mesh (which I've been trying to fix).

Seeing that picture always makes me grind my teeth as I forgot to put the steps back. I should update my thread with links to CC I used.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
#3 Old 2nd Dec 2016 at 10:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
The lamp is from Caravan Shop Sims in one of their caravan sets. They had a name change (and I've forgotten again what it was changed to). The site is now down but the stuff is available somewhere - maybe the Graveyard. I'll have a look.

Sims Design Avenue they have some sets on Simcave here. I will have a look but i have no idea which set the lamp is in.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 3rd Dec 2016 at 12:16 AM Last edited by maxon : 3rd Dec 2016 at 12:33 AM.
Oh took some pics in SimCat - the lamp is apparently the La Roulotte set. Window is Pixel Sims and the awning is from something called Retroville. The other window is made by von olemantiker for the SimLand Cinema. I'll have another look tomorrow and see if I can get a bit more.

Edit: just had a quick look - Pixel Sims is on the Graveyard. The window's from the Louvred sets - can't tell you which one but on page 2 atm. At a push Laura, I can always upload the files to SimsFileShare for you if we can't locate a download source.

Edit 2: the SimLand cinema window is in a lot here:
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=254641 and you can see there how it is rounded on a diagonal wall. It says the original is at InSim - though I don't have the link just now.
Screenshots

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#6 Old 3rd Dec 2016 at 1:02 AM
Do you want a water cooler (which is what I call the dispenser in BobL's download) or a water fountain (where you drink right from the spout/spigot)? I made a deco water cooler - it's a ceramic crock on a wooden stand. It's not functional of course, thus the deco, but I DO have a functional version of it that I just haven't uploaded anywhere yet. If you'd like to give it a try I could send it to you. (It's finished as far as I can remember.. although I'm not sure if I did any recolors for it yet.)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 3rd Dec 2016 at 7:52 AM Last edited by lauratje86 : 4th Dec 2016 at 10:29 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by mustluvcatz
Do you want a water cooler (which is what I call the dispenser in BobL's download) or a water fountain (where you drink right from the spout/spigot)? I made a deco water cooler - it's a ceramic crock on a wooden stand. It's not functional of course, thus the deco, but I DO have a functional version of it that I just haven't uploaded anywhere yet. If you'd like to give it a try I could send it to you. (It's finished as far as I can remember.. although I'm not sure if I did any recolors for it yet.)

Your water cooler sounds amazing @mustluvcatz, I would love the functional version if you are willing to share it! :-)

Thank you everyone for the links and information on the items, I am checking them all out now to see what I can find :-D

Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Seeing that picture always makes me grind my teeth as I forgot to put the steps back.

I hadn't even noticed the lack of steps!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 3rd Dec 2016 at 8:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86
Your water cooler sounds amazing, I would love the functional version if you are willing to share it! :-)

Thank you everyone for the links and information on the items, I am checking them all out now to see what I can find :-D

I hadn't even noticed the lack of steps!

Neither had I, but now we ALL have to notice!

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#10 Old 3rd Dec 2016 at 11:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
Retroville -

That's it I think in post 11

Theorist
#11 Old 4th Dec 2016 at 1:29 AM
I have some tiny black floor tiles, if you want them you can get them HERE. Also the link 'this set by Phaenoh' leads to the same page as 'This one by Boblishman'.

ETA: @Michelle no longer works, I no longer get notification.
Screenshots

Whenever you see a "Say Thanks" button show the creator you appreciate their work...click on it.
You can also find more of my work at Leefish and Plumb Bob Keep
Field Researcher
#12 Old 4th Dec 2016 at 3:59 AM
[QUOTE=Michelle]I have some tiny black floor tiles, if you want them you can get them HERE. Also the link 'this set by Phaenoh' leads to the same page as 'This one by Boblishman'.

Where did you get that wallpaper from Michelle? It's very nice
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13 Old 4th Dec 2016 at 4:23 AM Last edited by lauratje86 : 4th Dec 2016 at 7:18 AM.
Thank you for sharing the tiles, Michelle, they're great! :-) I've corrected the link to Phaenoh's set, thank you for pointing that out! :-D

**ETA** I think I've found everything I was looking for now! :-) You are all awesome, thank you all for your help! :-)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#14 Old 4th Dec 2016 at 12:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Michelle
ETA: @Michelle no longer works, I no longer get notification.

Yes, me either. I better ask Delphy

Theorist
#15 Old 9th Dec 2016 at 8:50 AM
@suzanne70 - it is a wallpaper I made, from an image I liked and it is not available, sorry.

Whenever you see a "Say Thanks" button show the creator you appreciate their work...click on it.
You can also find more of my work at Leefish and Plumb Bob Keep
Forum Resident
#16 Old 9th Jan 2017 at 9:41 PM
I know this thread is over a month old, but I just came across this drinking fountain and it reminded me of this WCIF: https://rdnussimaginethat.blogspot....tain-i-see.html It looks like a fairly versatile fountain, and there are a variety of clean and grungy recolours. Unfortunately, it raises both hunger and fun.