Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Jul 2017 at 8:44 PM
Mods folder completely dissapeared
Okay, I know this sounds like I'm either making this up or I just accidentally deleted it myself, but my mods folder just vanished. I have played the game before and used custom content in the past but I just installed it to my (newer) computer a few days ago. I played the game a few times without any mods, and then decided to get cc. I made the mods folder exactly like how you're supposed to, with the resource.cfg file and the overrides and packages folder and whatnot. So I started downloading mods and cc and putting them into the packages folder / installing them. After that, I tried starting the game, and it went to loading screen and immediately crashed. I removed all the cache files, and then it worked and started. I tried creating a new family, but noticed that the cc wasn't showing up. None of the mods or custom content that i used were showing up at all. So I exited the game, and went to open the mods folder (documents/electronic arts/sims 3/mods) except it just... wasn't there. at all. it just completely dissapeared. Neither it or any of the mods i put inside it were in the reclycing bin. And i just don't know what to do, or what the frick happened. I'm sorry if this isn't an good question to ask here, this was the first place i thought of for help. If anyone has even the slightest idea, please respond, I'm so confused
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 31st Jul 2017 at 9:34 PM
Where you have a new computer you are most likely on Win 10?? I'm not familiar with Win10 but I see many players who report their folders just disappeared. The suggestion I see most is to check on OneDrive. Perhaps that's where your folder went.

If that does not work try doing a search for "Mods" from the Start button in windows.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Jul 2017 at 10:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
Where you have a new computer you are most likely on Win 10?? I'm not familiar with Win10 but I see many players who report their folders just disappeared. The suggestion I see most is to check on OneDrive. Perhaps that's where your folder went.

If that does not work try doing a search for "Mods" from the Start button in windows.

Thank you for the reply , unfortunately I still have windows 7 and don't use onedrive, so i don't think it's possible that it went there, and searching "mods" from start did not work.
Scholar
#4 Old 31st Jul 2017 at 10:52 PM
check ur recycle bin? ;o;
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 31st Jul 2017 at 11:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pretenshus
check ur recycle bin? ;o;

nope,as i said in the original post, it's not in there :/
Scholar
#6 Old 31st Jul 2017 at 11:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nickizaur
nope,as i said in the original post, it's not in there :/

;o; oh sorry well, are you able to search the name of a particular mod that may be located in it.
Sadly, if you search it and cannot find it and its not in the recycling bin you may just need to create a new one.
also is it possible you may have renamed it? There should be some trace of it somehow.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Aug 2017 at 12:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pretenshus
;o; oh sorry well, are you able to search the name of a particular mod that may be located in it.
Sadly, if you search it and cannot find it and its not in the recycling bin you may just need to create a new one.
also is it possible you may have renamed it? There should be some trace of it somehow.

Ok so I found a few of the mods/cc in reclycing bin, but only a few, definitely not all of them...