Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#26 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 7:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Prosthetics
Is there anyway we can make an exception to the Plant Sim rule? Because my sim, virtually right after I have him take plantophic to cure his state, turns right back into a Plant Sim. Help?

I only ask because I can't afford to buy any more plantophic potions because I had to buy my kids beds.

That was my problem, too, but I found a way to prevent it. When the first sim turns into a Plant Sim don't let him spray for a while, send the spouse to spray. Wait some days and the first sim can start spraying again.

When you have children/teens, send them! They will earn points for their badges and don't turn into Plant Sims - there are no such life stages!

Btw, for every sim one turn into a Plant Sim is great - instant gold badge.
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 7:42 AM
I always send my kids, and the spouse has the same issue, but my kids go to school..because I didn't want to dl a no school hack, cba to move it out everytime I want to play another house.

And sometimes the plants need to be sprayed, asap, or the plant's going to die.
Scholar
#28 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 8:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Prosthetics
I always send my kids, and the spouse has the same issue, but my kids go to school..because I didn't want to dl a no school hack, cba to move it out everytime I want to play another house.

And sometimes the plants need to be sprayed, asap, or the plant's going to die.

Try this school changer with Flexy School:
http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...Schooltypes.htm
That is no global no school hack, it's an additional school type. You have to place the changer on the lot, then you can choose the new school type manually.
Scholar
#29 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 8:33 AM
That will be extremely useful! Thank you!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#30 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 4:14 AM
Nice hack, arathea! I may just use that...

Prosthetics, feel free to use familyFunds to adjust your family's money so that you can buy Plantophic-C without driving them into dire straits. I think I stuck that in the rules somewhere or another. It's not fair to lose out on a lot of money because your plants need spraying and the game turns them into leafy green people, so. XD

smellincoffee: That's fine, no worries! XD It's all gotten very long and complicated, and things get buried.
Test Subject
#31 Old 26th Aug 2009 at 9:47 AM
I want to give this a go, it looks interesting! You mention that "if you do not use a hack to empty it [the fridge] from the start..." -- where can I find a hack like that? It would make my life so much easier

~ I'm the sanest person I know ~

My YouTube Channel
Scholar
#32 Old 26th Aug 2009 at 10:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chaynne
I want to give this a go, it looks interesting! You mention that "if you do not use a hack to empty it [the fridge] from the start..." -- where can I find a hack like that? It would make my life so much easier

It's in the downloads section, search for "no free food with refrigerator".
Test Subject
#33 Old 26th Aug 2009 at 11:40 AM Last edited by Chaynne : 26th Aug 2009 at 12:37 PM.
Thanks arathea! I've downloaded it and I'm creating my legacy founder. My three year old wants to call him Ben 10 (guess what she loves to watch!) so we've come to a compromise and call him Ben Tennant I'll post a pic of him when I'm done, but I can't promise to post more after that because I'm crap at remembering to take in-game pics to document my legacies.

ETA: are you allowed to have a bed in the house when you first start? It's not on the list.

My YouTube Channel
Scholar
#34 Old 26th Aug 2009 at 1:12 PM
I've had a bed since the beginning, and I would assume you can have bed. Don't want your founder or subsequent children falling asleep on the ground! :D

Plus, you need the bed for woohoo ;P
Test Subject
#35 Old 26th Aug 2009 at 1:35 PM
I know, dumb question, but I was just making sure :D

My YouTube Channel
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#36 Old 26th Aug 2009 at 5:39 PM
Chaynne--you can indeed have a bed! =D You can have as many beds as you like or need, provided your founder/subsequent Sims can afford them. I'm glad you're trying it out and I'm glad it seems to be running fairly smoothly for everyone so far.
Scholar
#37 Old 26th Aug 2009 at 7:15 PM
I have to be honest. I have been caught up in Pleasantview, and haven't paid attention to my founder in a while. I don't even remember if I kept him around or not. I've gone through so many deletes and restarts since starting this challenge (This isn't becuase the challenge is hard or misunderstood in any way, just because I'm a perfectionist and keep restarting when something goes bad.)

But I will finish this contest. Sooner or later XD
Scholar
#38 Old 27th Aug 2009 at 9:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by arathea
Try this school changer with Flexy School:
http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...Schooltypes.htm
That is no global no school hack, it's an additional school type. You have to place the changer on the lot, then you can choose the new school type manually.

Wow, that's a real hack? There is no point in calling the headmaster any longer.
Test Subject
#39 Old 29th Aug 2009 at 11:23 PM
I've remembered to take pics, and I've blogged the first generation. Click here to see. Please leave comments, it'll make my day! cheers!

My YouTube Channel
Scholar
#40 Old 3rd Sep 2009 at 3:38 AM
That's great!

Sadly, won't be able to participate in this challenge until I re-install Seasons. Which won't happen until I get a good desktop computer, because Seasons was just killing my laptop.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#41 Old 6th Sep 2009 at 9:39 PM
Awesome first generation, Chaynne! =D I love all of the outfits they wear, haha. Very fitting.

Yeah, Seasons eats up RAM like nothing else. =/ Good luck finding a good desktop, Prosthetics.

I forgot to take pictures, but my first generation came and went; both my starter Sim, Sam, and his wife, Linda, have passed away. Their two daughters moved out and their son Marvin took over the farm and found a wife (whose name escapes me at the moment). I got lucky with their first child--a boy right off the bat, which eliminates the need to have any more kids. (Thank goodness.)

Over the course of one-and-a-half generations, though, someone has robbed my house three times. Yes, three. A different robber came each time, but THREE. And they ALWAYS take the bookcase.
Scholar
#42 Old 7th Sep 2009 at 1:11 AM
Oh dear, I started again, my founder got married, his wife got pregnant. They've got twins, two boys - who is the heir?
Test Subject
#43 Old 7th Sep 2009 at 5:18 PM
@HaunterMooneyes: Thanks I just felt like doing the whole historical thing for once -- probably my last time too!

@arathea: pick the one you like best or if you don't want to be partial, the one who popped out first. But I always pick my favorite with multiples.

I'm currently working on writing up the second generation, but it's kinda hard as my 2 month old doesn't want to stay settled so I'm typing one handed. It may take me a while ...

Haven't been robbed yet *crosses fingers* but I had a fire. And I had a weird glitch. Josiah, the heir, was sleeping in bed, and his teen-aged daughter climbed into bed with him to sleep. (you know how sims are stupid like that, when they have a perfectly good bed to use) Josiah's wife saw this and slapped him for cheating! I've never seen that happen before. I did get a shot of Josiah's son Benjamin congratulating his sister for 'cheating'. Go figure!

My YouTube Channel
Scholar
#44 Old 7th Sep 2009 at 5:37 PM
That is so weird! I've never see that o_o
Test Subject
#45 Old 7th Sep 2009 at 6:05 PM
It's the second time it happened in this family. First time, I exited without saving as I figured it had to be a glitch, second time I left it just to make life interesting I'm playing with Inteen, and ACR but I doubt it has anything to do with it. I'll have to try in my no-hack account to see if it's a sims thing. (Yes, I know I created a whole new account on my PC just to play a hack free game. Obsessed, much?)

My YouTube Channel
Scholar
#46 Old 7th Sep 2009 at 6:42 PM
Does ACR allow incest? O_o
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#47 Old 7th Sep 2009 at 7:19 PM
Yeah, just pick a favorite with multiples.

That's really weird, Chaynne. I've never, ever seen that before. o.o I guess if ACR allows incest it'd make some sense, but I didn't think sleeping with another Sim in the same bed counted as cheating anyway!
Test Subject
#48 Old 7th Sep 2009 at 7:19 PM
I don't think so, I've never tried it. Hope not. *reaches for mind bleach*

My YouTube Channel
Test Subject
#49 Old 13th Sep 2009 at 6:21 AM
I'm going to try this in a few minutes but before I do I must ask: Why no pets? I understand you can't adopt them but why can't you befriend a stray and take them in?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#50 Old 19th Sep 2009 at 2:37 AM
Because I highly, highly doubt that there would be any domestic cats or dogs wandering aimlessly in the untamed late 1800s-early 1900s countryside. Unless you made pals with a coyote. (I wouldn't recommend it.) And your character lived in New York City, so he/she had no reason to own a pet before he/she left; it isn't as if he/she brought it with them.
Page 2 of 12