Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#76 Old 4th Nov 2009 at 2:16 PM
Maybe the empty fridge hack? (though I can't see WHY...) No school hack shouldn't even touch them, Try taking the fridge hack out, see if that helps.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 4th Nov 2009 at 4:14 PM
I found out it was because I was using the dorm fridge.

Also, does anyone know if stopping maxis townies from appearing and making my own custom townies is within the rules? And for some reason the no townie hack and family funds both don't work now for some reason. The no townie hack never worked for me, and family funds was working for a while, but I think it stopped working after I killed off all the maxis townies in the neighborhood.
Scholar
#78 Old 4th Nov 2009 at 4:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xxGuyxx
I found out it was because I was using the dorm fridge.

Also, does anyone know if stopping maxis townies from appearing and making my own custom townies is within the rules? And for some reason the no townie hack and family funds both don't work now for some reason. The no townie hack never worked for me, and family funds was working for a while, but I think it stopped working after I killed off all the maxis townies in the neighborhood.

Ah, yes, that stupid dorm fridge. It's useless for anything but snacks.

I've noticed that the familyfunds cheat doesn't like working if there's more than one household with the same name. If you moved out an adult non-heir, maybe that's where the problem is.

If you're trying to use it to get cash for a reversal potion, and you have InSim, the Mortality Adjustor can cure the affliction your sim has sans simoleons. (had to do it for Joseph when he became a plantsim) I think it's Mortality State -> (enter supernatural state here) -> Cure of (state of being)
* I figure that's within rules, since we can't have supernatural beings any way.

As for the townie hack, I have no idea. Never used it before - I play as close to Maxis as I can (ACR, InTeen, InSim, and a few minor global mods). I can't see why replacing the default townies would constitute a breach of the rules - they're still townies... and from the looks of some of the other posters' pics, they did that with THEIR townies.
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 4th Nov 2009 at 5:17 PM Last edited by xxGuyxx : 4th Nov 2009 at 11:43 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by ForeverCamp
Ah, yes, that stupid dorm fridge. It's useless for anything but snacks.

I've noticed that the familyfunds cheat doesn't like working if there's more than one household with the same name. If you moved out an adult non-heir, maybe that's where the problem is.

If you're trying to use it to get cash for a reversal potion, and you have InSim, the Mortality Adjustor can cure the affliction your sim has sans simoleons. (had to do it for Joseph when he became a plantsim) I think it's Mortality State -> (enter supernatural state here) -> Cure of (state of being)
* I figure that's within rules, since we can't have supernatural beings any way.

As for the townie hack, I have no idea. Never used it before - I play as close to Maxis as I can (ACR, InTeen, InSim, and a few minor global mods). I can't see why replacing the default townies would constitute a breach of the rules - they're still townies... and from the looks of some of the other posters' pics, they did that with THEIR townies.

True, although I'm not quite sure what to do about their turn ons/turn offs. Except maybe use virtual dice to decide what each of them are. It's so tempting to just tailor them to make the female sims attracted to my farmer XD

And the only cheats I have atm are no school, empty fridge, and no townie regen (which doesn't seem to work for me).

I only have my farmer on a lot, and so far I have two female sims in the family bin that I plan on using as townies.

Update:Although I can get familyfunds to work on my main game, I can't get it to work in my extra game, and I reinstalled it twice after deleting the permagame folder. I'll try it without any of the CC and see how it goes.

Update 2:Tried it, and it still doesn't work for some reason, even though I reinstalled. I made a mini game, then after loading (without any cheats or CC) I made a lot, put a family in, then tried using boolprop, then familyfunds, and still no joy.
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 5th Nov 2009 at 2:45 AM
Update:

Amisi had twins! One being a girl. Finally! D: Now I have four children to care for - I feel so anxious. XD Motherhood is so tough. *sweats* Trying to have her farm while pregnant was difficult. She would get tired easily and such. I use the husband as the fisherman and, somewhat, babysitter of the children. Gabriel is a child now, so that helps a bit. My second child, who is now a toddler, is Ezra. My twin's names are Eden (female) and Dorian (male).
Test Subject
#81 Old 5th Nov 2009 at 3:19 AM
My sims just had their fourth girl. My original sim was male so this is bad and he's now an elder.
Test Subject
#82 Old 5th Nov 2009 at 3:28 AM
Default Update on the Karian Family
So just a quick update on the Karian family, I'm so into this challenge!

Like a few others, Edmund changed into a plantsim! Would've been interesting to keep him this way, but I changed him back asap. He still wears plantsim clothing though, which looks hilarious.

Amy got pregnant, again! Geeze, I didn't even need another little bugger running around until little David became an adult! (David is now a child, sorry for no toddler pics, I'll take some of the next gen). Already had the kid though, another boy! This one's name is Parker.

And here's a nice shot of some family bonding time! Hopefully David will get his fishing badges, and his gardening badges before adulthood. That's my goal. That way Edmund can rightfully pass the torch to him with confidence! I'll update again soon!

Scholar
#83 Old 5th Nov 2009 at 3:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by xxGuyxx
True, although I'm not quite sure what to do about their turn ons/turn offs. Except maybe use virtual dice to decide what each of them are. It's so tempting to just tailor them to make the female sims attracted to my farmer XD

And the only cheats I have atm are no school, empty fridge, and no townie regen (which doesn't seem to work for me).

I only have my farmer on a lot, and so far I have two female sims in the family bin that I plan on using as townies.

Update:Although I can get familyfunds to work on my main game, I can't get it to work in my extra game, and I reinstalled it twice after deleting the permagame folder. I'll try it without any of the CC and see how it goes.

Update 2:Tried it, and it still doesn't work for some reason, even though I reinstalled. I made a mini game, then after loading (without any cheats or CC) I made a lot, put a family in, then tried using boolprop, then familyfunds, and still no joy.

Huh. I'm at a loss then. Try posting it in the Game Help section - maybe somebody smarter than me knows.
Test Subject
#84 Old 5th Nov 2009 at 2:46 PM
Yet another update on the progress of this challenge, I've saved enough to renovate the house! Now it's no longer quite the small shack it was! The kitchen and bathroom are completed, I'm just waiting for the bedrooms as there is quite a lot of growth in this family!

David just became a teenager and already he's putting the moves on a future wife hopeful! They have two lightning bolts each, so I think they make a decent couple!

Parker just grew up, the same sim day as David moved in Elliat, his girlfriend. The brothers look similar, eh? Very cute.

And now for something interesting! Elliat is pregnant! I wanted to get the heir right away and couldn't wait until they were adults haha! Thank you inteen!

Another pregnancy shot!

And finally, the farming. Things are going okay, I'm really hoping that they make it through winter without the money from their produce. I've also expanded the plot for farming and I'm hoping to harvest my last few peppers before winter destroys them! We're already in the first day of fall.

Lab Assistant
#85 Old 5th Nov 2009 at 11:10 PM
Nice house! :3
Test Subject
#86 Old 6th Nov 2009 at 3:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by addict12
Nice house! :3

Thanks so much ! (:
Test Subject
#87 Old 7th Nov 2009 at 3:14 AM Last edited by dragonkitty20 : 7th Nov 2009 at 3:16 AM. Reason: got the pictures wrong lol
Okay here's the my second start to the challenge. The first refused to have a boy in gen one so here's hoping this one works out.

Tron Farmer

He got right down to work on his new farm and fishing

He met this wonderful woman one day. Jill

It was love at first sight and not long after they decided to tie the knot and begin their life together.(turns out she was pregnant so it was a very good thing.)
Thier wedding(She's beginning to show)Sorry he's alittle blue. They're having a hard winter so far.

With the harvest and Jill's contribution they had enough to finish their small shack and build an outhouse and shower for the winter.

Scholar
#88 Old 7th Nov 2009 at 4:16 AM Last edited by ForeverCamp : 10th Nov 2009 at 12:22 AM. Reason: Updating pic links
Default Update 2 - Madsen Family
Okay, so here's an update on my family:

Joseph is nearing death, Michelle elderified with bottomed-out Aspiration, so she's not long for this life.

Just before Michelle grew up, she gave birth to their fourth and final child, a girl named Mildred (she's a toddler now):

Elizabeth, their eldest daughter, married Jihoon Hsu and moved out a few days before she was supposed to grow up into an adult. Jihoon donated 2000$ to the family funds before they left, enough to build walls around the bathroom, give both twins and the baby a place to sleep and a bookcase. A good harvest of eggplant gave them money for a toybox, a couch, a table, three chairs and real floors and paint on the walls! Woohoo, a decent-looking house (forgot to get a pic of it).

Anthony and Jane grew up into children:
Test Subject
#89 Old 7th Nov 2009 at 11:43 PM
Wasn't sure if everyone already knew this or not but just in case:

SPOILER!!!

Every time you change a toddlers daiper it gives them half hygiene back.(so don't potty train until you can get a tub)
Test Subject
#90 Old 8th Nov 2009 at 2:22 AM
Update:

During a very hard winter and already on lean times Jill give birth to triplets. Brooklyn, Madison, and Tron Jr.(heir). Spending their last dollar on beds for the darlings Jill falls into a deep sleep, exhausted.

For the first month Tron mostly took care of the babies as Jill didn't seem to want anything to do with them. He put it on the fact that the birth was a very hard one and they couldn't afford anyone to come all the way down to the farm so she was mostly alone with only him to help.

She finally shows some interest in the darlings just as Tron is about to lose trying to raise three child and work the farm all at once. But she's still not quite right.

The children not understanding what's wrong with momma is constantly trying to get her attention.

Once they grew into children and Jill still wasn't helping out enough with them or the farm Tron gave up all hope of her coming back as the woman he fell in love with and started teaching the kids the ways of life on the farm.

Then....Jill showed up and watered down the farm and came to fish with the family!

Scholar
#91 Old 10th Nov 2009 at 12:20 AM
Default Update 3 - Madsen Family
So, I actually got my first heir to adulthood! *woohoo!*

So this is what's happened since the last update:

Joseph and Michelle have both passed on - Joseph some time before Michelle. She died just as their last child was reaching teenhood, and lived to see two of their three daughters married.

This left young Anthony, not quite adult yet, in charge of the homestead and his younger sister. Thankfully, he's been manning (boying?) the homestead since his father's death. This is him as a teen and then (FINALLY) as an adult:

He married his childhood love, Meadow Thayer, not long after they became adults. They wasted no time in welcoming their first child (a girl, of course, in good Madsen-man tradition), Hannah.

Meanwhile, Jane got herself into a little bit of trouble (if you know what I mean) and quickly married her suitor, Charlie Tang. She's since moved out.

Mildred, the last of the second-generation Madsens, is currently a young teen.

And a random shot from the second-generation (I've called it Family Fireside):
Test Subject
#92 Old 12th Nov 2009 at 12:01 AM
I started this challenge, and I think I've committed a few mortal sins, like having used the hacked clothing rack to ensure that all my sims stay period-dressed in some historical-looking clothes I have in my game. I don't think it has altered the way the challenge truly plays, but its just what I wanted for it It keeps me more interested.

At any rate, here are some pictures of my little yeoman family.

This is the founder, Aaron. Ain't he just lovely?

(the grave behind him belongs to his mother. I created the two of them in CAS a while back but never used them, so I killed her immediately after moving them in so I wouldn't have to create another sim)

He spent a lot of time doing this right here prior to meeting his now-wife, Missy.

Speaking of Missy, here she is!

They had a small, quiet wedding soon followed by their first baby. Aaron was always talking to the baby.

Then, like always, before ya know it, its baby time.

(Aaron is a good farmer... but a terrible husband.)

Here's Missy and the new baby, a little girl named Ruthie.

Last I played, Ruthie had just become a toddler and looks a lot like her mommy, so far. Only with brown hair. She is shown here being held by Aaron.
Lab Assistant
#93 Old 12th Nov 2009 at 3:52 AM
Aaron ish cute. I love the pics.
Scholar
#94 Old 13th Nov 2009 at 4:18 AM Last edited by ForeverCamp : 13th Nov 2009 at 4:19 PM. Reason: Second update w/ no posts between them
Default Update 4 - Madsen Family
So here's more on the Madsens!

Mildred grew up into an adult - no hubby, unlike her sister. She transitioned into adulthood with one of those skanky Nightlife dresses, though, so maybe she moved back to the city when she moved out.

Anthony and Meadow now have three daughters, and are nearing the end of their child-bearing years, so don't know what'll happen to Gen 3... They're trying for a boy, though.

Hannah is now a teen - a little parade of photos chronicling her development:

Alice is a child now:

(LOL, she grew into her nose...)

Vivian is the youngest Madsen daughter, a toddler now:

EDIT:
Alas! Foiled! Foiled in my attempts to complete a challenge - by GIRLS! Nothing but girls!

Anthony and Meadow are now beyond childbearing age, and their fourth/final child was yet another girl. *sigh* Oh, well, guess I'll finish them out and start playing his sisters' families. Maybe they'll have better luck...

Here's the final pics of the Madsen girls:
Hannah is still a teen. Alice has transitioned into a teen:
Vivian transitioned into a child:
And the last girl was Georgia:
Test Subject
#95 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 3:20 PM
Okay here's a big update on the my family for the challenge.

First you have the three kids talking with their potential mates.
Madison and Garth, Brooklyn and Lee, and Tron Jr. and Belinda

Madison and Garth hit it right off and moved to some mushy lovey stuff

Unbeknownst to her parents she did the unforgivable and got pregnant before marriage. They quickly got married.

Slowly Brooklyn and Lee hit it off and followed her sister in marriage. This is after their wedding.

Tron Jr. and Belinda having some cuddle time.

And to follow the rest of the kids her and Brooklyn pregnant

Tron Jr. and Belinda's wedding

Madison in labor

Trent, Robyn, and Skylar. Madison and Garth's beautiful babies

Following in short order Brooklyn giving birth

She had quads!Nevan:

Aneira:

Dewey:

Griffith:

Belinda(who is hopefully carrying the next heir)looks ready to pop

And here is the third generation. Tron Jr Jr. the next heir:

And Morgan his twin brother:

That will be the last you see of Madison and Brooklyn's whole family because as soon as they grow up they will be getting their own plot of land to make their own way.

Oh and my score so far is 250.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#96 Old 25th Nov 2009 at 2:22 AM Last edited by HaunterMooneyes : 28th Nov 2009 at 3:15 AM.
So many babies!

Hi guys! It's been a while since I checked back here. I'm glad you all seem to be enjoying the challenge. (It's bloody frustrating when you run into heirs that don't seem to want to have babies of their own gender. Thankfully I've been lucky so far and I'm on my fourth gen at the moment.)

I'll go through and answer any questions that haven't already been answered.

kabby456: No, don't sell clothes. You can wear them, though.

ForeverCamp: Nope, no tents. Sorry.

addict12: Your tips are really useful, even to me! XD Since you removed the crop-hack anyway you should be fine. I would say it's okay to have a hack that replants crops automatically, but not one that keeps them from withering.

Also: the money points aren't quite as complicated as all that! Wait until your fourth heir--the fifth generation--has died, then take the family income AT THAT TIME and multiply it by 50. That number will amount to your points for money earned.

After four generations, my Sims have 20k and a much nicer house, so if you play your cards right, this section should award you plenty of points.

If Sims turn into Plantsims, use hacks to change them back or familyfund the right amount to buy the reverting potion.

xxGuyxx: I'm not sure what could be happening with your familyfunds--is there a hack somewhere that might do the same thing that the cheat does that you could use instead?

You CAN replace the default townies as long as you don't make a specific, special Sim tailored specifically for your starter and drop him or her into the household.

Basically, with townies, it goes like this: as long as your Sims marry game-generated (not necessarily Maxis, but from the game randomly) townies, it doesn't matter what else you do with them. If you replace their default names or faces etc etc, it's all good. (Tailoring their turn-ons is probably a stretch.) Provided you don't specifically create a Sim and insert them into your household, you're mostly safe. The goal is to randomize genes as much as possible, because realistically no one drops wives or husbands in people's laps. (eHarmony and match.com don't exist yet in this context.)

Replacing default clothing is fine too. By all rights, more historically accurate clothing is better.
Lab Assistant
#97 Old 29th Nov 2009 at 5:30 PM
I'm thinking about doing this challenge - but where can I get inTeeminator? My latest expansion is Bon Voyage, because I've heard some other people talk about that. I want to be able to do it while it's easier to get heirs in teenage-hood.
Scholar
#98 Old 1st Dec 2009 at 2:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Vettias
I'm thinking about doing this challenge - but where can I get inTeeminator? My latest expansion is Bon Voyage, because I've heard some other people talk about that. I want to be able to do it while it's easier to get heirs in teenage-hood.

InTeen is hosted on Simbology. Don't have the link on this computer, or I'd put it up. If you Google Inteenimator and Simbology, you should find it.
Lab Assistant
#99 Old 1st Dec 2009 at 3:28 AM Last edited by Vettias : 1st Dec 2009 at 3:47 AM.
Thank you. I found the link and I downloaded it. I will begin this challenge once again as soon as possible!

I don't have much pics yet, but I do have one. I will take more tomorrow.

Meet the founder - But i forgot his name. xD

He plans to marry Christy Stratton, and live a happy little life. Wish him good luck!
Test Subject
#100 Old 2nd Dec 2009 at 10:35 AM
Oh damn....after seeing this challenge i really really want sims 2 back!!!

Of course i can harvest also with S3 but its just alot less fun without seasons and without beeing able to create my own town that fits!

BUT: first thing i do when a seasons-EP comes out for S3 is this challenge!!! (and will you for sure, if i may copy it, while giving you credits!
Page 4 of 12