Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jun 2015 at 2:29 PM
Default Are you tired of your cheating ways
Are you tired of your cheating ways using any of the "Needs Mods", are you tired of missing your sims screaming at you because there hungrey.
Are you tired of not seeing your sims peeing themselves or falling asleep in there food or passing out by the mailbox after work.
Do you miss it when your sims go into aspiration failure because of your Needs Mod keeping you from seeing it.
Do you miss the challenge that Sims 2 use to be before you got that Needs Mod.

Do you have needs mod because you just don't want your sims to die because of your lack of attention on your part because of the phone or door bell going off or you want to have your Sims game run all night while you sleep but don't want your sims to die of hunger.

Well after nearly 9 years of missing all of these funny things sims can do because of needs mods I ask BO over at Simbology if he could make a mod that would only handle hunger so sims would not die but they will still scream at you if it gets to low.

BO's "No Starvation" mod http://www.simbology.com/smf/index....75210#msg175210 works in any combo of game set up from base game all the way up to M&G.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 2nd Jun 2015 at 2:37 PM
This sounds like an infomercial.

"There's gotta be a better way!"
Mad Poster
#3 Old 2nd Jun 2015 at 3:05 PM
I thought this was going to be something about keeping Romance sims faithful lol.

Personally, I've never used a needs mod. It takes away some of the point of the game for me.
Theorist
#4 Old 2nd Jun 2015 at 10:02 PM
I'm not sure I'll use the mod, but it's handy. This way you can leave the game running and go to sleep and sims will live on their own.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 2nd Jun 2015 at 10:31 PM
Dear infomercial I am sure you have a good product, a great product even. I however have no needs mods and never have. I barely ever see a sim pee themselves or pass out at the mail box and if they do it's a bit of amusement. My pregnant sims don't die, and I hardly ever have aspiration failures- I should really make it happen more often. I can manage a home shop and twin toddlers with no hired help. Obviously I am an awesome player. And yes I am patting myself on the back but also kind of sad as well, as this is the only thing I am so good at. The fact is if I am bored I do a toddler mania change with 7 toddlers and one adult for fun, to actually see some mayhem, but there you have it, no need for a need mod.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Meet Me In My Next Life
#6 Old 2nd Jun 2015 at 11:29 PM
I have no need for a no need mod, Like member joandsarah77 I barely see my Sims pee on themselves ( unless they are idiots and don't know where the toilet is. ) and when they do stand up while sleeping or pass completely out it is so funny to me, so I just watch. Well to be honest when I first started playing the Sims, and still trying to learn the yes and no of the game I did have a pregnant Sims die of hunger. That "never" happen since.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Theorist
#7 Old 2nd Jun 2015 at 11:56 PM
If I call NOW, do I get a vegetable chopper absolutely FREE?

Not a mod I'd use myself, but it looks handy for a lot of people, and the post is a hoot.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Theorist
#9 Old 3rd Jun 2015 at 1:18 AM
BO thinks that marka is mark
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 3rd Jun 2015 at 1:28 AM
Do I get a steak knife with that vegetable chopper?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 3rd Jun 2015 at 4:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ovenhole
This sounds like an infomercial.

"There's gotta be a better way!"

What did the mining equipment salesman use as his slogan? "But wait, there's ore!"
#12 Old 3rd Jun 2015 at 4:45 AM
Damn and just when the world finally got away from Billy Mays here comes Marka

Where's the off button for this remote

I could see this being more for sims 3 or 4 where a no needs mod actually lets those sims run their lives and the player can then story-tell from a third perspective and have to actually work to interpret the sims actions psychologically for story purposes.

For sims 2 sometimes the needs tell the story, especially if one is constantly in the red even with player help trying to keep it up.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 3rd Jun 2015 at 11:15 AM
NEVER, I shall never repent of my cheating ways! Mods, hacks, testing cheats enabled true, and MORE! Muahahaha!
...although, I shall still grab this hack to help me let sims run free in non-deadly neighborhoods.

I'm a young adult in poor health, trying to heal enough to complete my goals.
This is the song that never ends ~ It goes on and on my friends ~
my first ToT Challenge (which is actually indefinitely hiatus, I'm in a different TOT hood now)
Scholar
#14 Old 3rd Jun 2015 at 2:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nottakenaway
NEVER, I shall never repent of my cheating ways! Mods, hacks, testing cheats enabled true, and MORE! Muahahaha!
...although, I shall still grab this hack to help me let sims run free in non-deadly neighborhoods.

Non deadly neighbourhoods. Those exist?!
Alchemist
#15 Old 6th Jun 2015 at 10:42 PM
My sims only starve if I want them to starve, it can't pass my attention that they want food
Forum Resident
#16 Old 7th Jun 2015 at 11:41 AM
I have non deadly neighborhoods, no hazardous weather, no cowplants, no playing in thunderstorms, Etc. My sims actually cook something when their hunger need gets low instead of going to the fridge and stuffing their faces. If my sims relationships get on the down side, they don't try to kill each other (no bad socials mods), I can make a sim not tell dirty jokes without mods, the neater they are, the less dirty jokes they tell, if neat is at max, they won't tell any. If active trait is at max, they will auto make out for sims in relationships, if lazy, they won't do it.
So yes, it's possible to have non-deadly neighborhoods and other nice things in the sims 2
Mad Poster
#17 Old 7th Jun 2015 at 11:49 AM
This mod is purpose-defeating honestly. The point of The Sims is to try to keep them virtual buggers alive. If you download a mod to do it for you, then one can only ask why you are bothering to play the game at all.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#18 Old 7th Jun 2015 at 12:43 PM
No, Harvee! The point of The Sims is to do with them whatever you enjoy! I add to that, that my Sims have to enjoy it too. But I reckon that's optional. I guess that's why they call it a sandbox game.

I don't think I need this mod, as I've been playing for two and a half years and never even seen the Grim Reaper. So I reckon I must be ok at making sure my Sims keep their motives up. I think in that time I've twice used the Sim Manipulator to bring a Sim's hunger motive up; once during my first pregnancy, and once when the fridge was empty. Every other time they've dealt with their hunger by eating; occasionally by stuffing their faces, but usually with a proper meal. I might get a really hungry Sim to eat a snack first, and then to cook a meal. Apart form the Sim Manipulator, I haven't got anything you'd call a "needs mod". I think my 'hoods really are non-deadly.

Nonetheless I might look at this mod. If it really leaves it till the last minute, and then does just enough to keep my Sim alive, it might help, should my vigilance ever fail my Sims. In real life it takes days, or weeks, to die of starvation, so I don't think it's very realistic to have Sims dropping dead because a meal is a couple of hours late.

I really do love :lovestruc my Sims, and I don't want them dying on me -- certainly not before their time!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 7th Jun 2015 at 1:01 PM
If I make a screw up that screws up things for my sims, well, that's what quit without saving is for. And before anyone disagrees with me that's for me only and I'm aware that others like their sims to just have to suffer screw ups.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 7th Jun 2015 at 11:13 PM
Oh god, I for one, need it. I have 'maxmotive'd my way through the years. I literally cannot tolerate feeding them every five minutes.
Amazing post lol.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 8th Jun 2015 at 8:58 AM
I like it Thank you for asking Bo, Marka.