Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#76 Old 22nd Sep 2012 at 8:20 PM
@ Rarr : You've played Zoo Tycoon ? Me, too ! Also played Children of the Nile as well.
My sims2 obsession is well-known throughout our home. One day at BestBuy I wandered around, looking for a PopCap hidden object game to add to my growing collection...and a copy of Sims2Deluxe somehow found its' way into the shopping cart. After purchasing it I came home and installed it ; only to find that it barely worked on the lowest level of graphics, and everything else. BTW, I should add now that I've taken to buying my games online and not at BestBuy as they're just too darn expensive; but that's another topic.
Anyway, I thank Sims2 for these improvments in my life :
-- A new , updated pc.
-- An updated graphics card
-- Saving for, and eventually buying ALL of the exp. and stuff packs
-- Long hours spent building houses and managing sims' lives , instead of going out shopping, etc.
-- Time spent building shopping malls and restaurants for my beloved simmies; instead of going out to the actual places
( not that I don't go out....sometimes I get inspired to build something new when driving by a house --- yeah, it all seems to lead back to sims !!! )
-- Countless hours of fun after work and on weekends, after (some) of my own housework is done
-- Exercising the inner control freak over my hapless sims
-- Loving the sandbox style of gameplay, and how every household stays just as you've left it -- when you return !

I think the last point is why I haven't tried the sims3 yet.... unless they've changed it by now. Not too sure my pc can handle sims3, either ; not that I've got anything against that game. Just happy with my current sims2. :lovestruc

" Inama Nushif "
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 22nd Oct 2012 at 9:37 PM
I found out about the Sims 2 when it was announced back in 2003, February 2004 could not come fast enough!

Now for the Sims 3, I was looking up TS2 on Gamespot.com in 2008 and saw a Sims 3 entry, and I was like a new Sims game? Already?!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#78 Old 22nd Oct 2012 at 10:06 PM
It was September 2004.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 22nd Oct 2012 at 10:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
It was September 2004.
February was the original release date, then they (Maxis) delayed it to September.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#80 Old 22nd Oct 2012 at 11:31 PM Last edited by Simonut : 27th Oct 2012 at 11:08 PM.
Oh my goodness ! It was three month before Christmas in the year 2006, I was at a store looking around at games as a gift for a good friend two sons. When I over - heard two people talking so excitingly about the Sims. So I politely walk up to them and ask what the Sims was all about.

They was so nice to me and took the time to tell me everything and even show me what games to get started with from the Basic game, and how I could add other Sims Eps to it.

Oop! From that very day to this very day I got addicted. Shameful

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Field Researcher
#81 Old 23rd Oct 2012 at 4:02 PM
Sims 2:I had Sims 1 and was following all the hype for Sims 2 from day 1.
Sims 3: I had Sims 2 and saw all the hype for Sims 3 and decided not to buy it....
Test Subject
#82 Old 23rd Oct 2012 at 4:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lerf1950
Sims 2:I had Sims 1 and was following all the hype for Sims 2 from day 1.
Sims 3: I had Sims 2 and saw all the hype for Sims 3 and decided not to buy it....

same here .. and that means 12 years of simming!!!!!!
Lab Assistant
#83 Old 23rd Oct 2012 at 5:40 PM
My friend introduced me to The Sims. And we were so terribly excited once we found out there would be a Sims 2!! We watched every single video and saw every single screenshot and read every single transcript of question and answer and scoured every single forum. And then the game was delayed. Tragic.
Instructor
#84 Old 23rd Oct 2012 at 6:18 PM
My mum bought me Sims Pet Stories for Christmas when I was twelve and then I progressed onto Sims 2. I've been playing for about four years now.
Then I bought Sims 3 but I never play it.
Test Subject
#85 Old 26th Oct 2012 at 4:26 AM
I bought Sims 1 a day or two after it came out, on a whim, after getting off work with a good amount of tips in my pocket. I didn't sleep the next 3 days. Would play, go to work, get home, think "another hour...", go to work, got off, had the same thought, and played until I finally passed out on my keyboard. I'm too old to game like that now. I did buy both 2 and 3 within a week of their releases. Both of them required me getting new computers to play them on.
Mad Poster
#86 Old 26th Oct 2012 at 6:53 AM
Word of mouth mostly. Yeah, I'm so old-school.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#87 Old 26th Oct 2012 at 7:39 AM
A cousin had bought TS2, and I snooped over her shoulder. I had heard of it, but had sort of just gotten into TS1 then (I'd thought of trying it out for ages, but didn't get as far as to get it until there was some sale on a couple of the games). It didn't take long until I bought it, and TS1 sort of got ditched in favor for TS2. TS3 was via the various forums.
Instructor
#88 Old 26th Oct 2012 at 9:59 AM
My sister was a big fan, she loved all games!

Formally known as TotallySimsCrazy. Still addicted to custom content.
Simblr
Lab Assistant
#89 Old 28th Oct 2012 at 1:07 AM
My brother had borrowed TS2 from a friend, and I was pretty much the only one that played it. I'd played Sims before (on Xbox and Bustin' Out for Gamecube) and I was hooked with all the cool new options for building/customization/etc. Soon after I bought Double Deluxe and have been building onto my collection ever since. I don't think my brother's friend ever got his game back. >w<

As for Sims 3, I think it was advertising or I read about it in a forum somewhere. I played it for awhile but soon came back to TS2 because it's both more fun and it doesn't kill my computer. :D
Field Researcher
#90 Old 28th Oct 2012 at 3:41 AM
I used to play the original Sim City back in about 1991, I think? and always used to think the game would be better if I could play inside the little houses and develop the families, so when Sims 1 came out, I bought it straight away. I loved it, and played it obsessively throughout all the expansion packs.

When TS2 came out, I swore I wouldn't leave TS1, and declared that I had absolutely no interest in this new arrival. Then my husband bought me TS2 for Christmas. I figured it wouldn't hurt to load it up and have a look, just to be polite and not seem ungrateful for the gift. I never played TS1 again after that...

Then along came TS3. Again, I decided I wasn't interested, and again my husband bought me a copy for Christmas. Reluctantly, I loaded it up, mentally preparing to wave goodbye to my TS2 Sims forever. But this time, it was different - I didn't fall in love with the game, instead the more I played it, the more annoying I found it. Eventually I uninstalled TS3 and went straight back to my beloved TS2. And this is where I am staying.
Lab Assistant
#91 Old 28th Oct 2012 at 8:52 PM
I was around 10 in 2005.My cousin who loves computer games said:''I am going to find a game you'll like for you.For example there's a game named Sims,girls I know love it.'' I was like:''What do you do there?'' He explained me the game:''There's a city and you pick a family then you pick what they'll do.'' A while later they visited us,my cousin brought me CDs for it.Gonna admit,they weren't original.I really enjoyed the game,though my English wasn't good at all.After a year,the CDs got broken and I had to buy new ones.We bought them and same problems happened again,also my computer crashed for some reason.In January 2007,I finally got the original version.

In 2007,I heard about Sims 3 lauch in 2009.My other cousin got the game short after that.I watched the game while she was playing and I didn't like it at all.This continued until February 2012,my sister bought the game and I played it too.I was like:''It's actually not bad.'' In May she also bought the Showtime EP,so it's even better now!
Scholar
#92 Old 28th Oct 2012 at 10:21 PM
I'd been interested in the Sims' game series long before I got my copy of Sims 2 Double Deluxe.

My first exposure to the series -- besides my Windows 3.1 copy of SimLife and the time I rented SimAnt from Blockbuster -- was an old website where someone was posting pictures of their The Sims 1 sims. They had Edward Scissorhands and Kefka Palazzo living together and eventually the two sims adopted an annoying little boy named Edgar. That decision led to one of the few stories on the site I remember by name: "The Drowning of Edgar." I remember looking at some similar sites and researching whether the game would run on my computer, but the games were still newish at the time and cost too much.

My first exposure to The Sims 2 was a page that had a household consisting of John Kerry and George Bush. Besides the usual madcap sim adventures of setting stoves on fire and peeing themselves, the two sim-candidates got over their opposing political views with the help of a player-directed flirt. I was impressed by the jump in graphics and definitely knew that the game wouldn't run on my increasingly-rickety Windows 98, Pentium II Compaq (plus, again, the cost).

It wasn't until 2010 that I actually got a copy of Sims 2 (and 2012 that I got a copy of Sims 1), but I'm glad I finally did! I talked one of my friends into getting a copy of the game as well, but it didn't grab her nearly as much as it grabbed me.

My CC creations, updated April 21, 2015.

My Simblr
Theorist
#93 Old 31st Oct 2012 at 11:50 PM
My friend gave me his copy of a CD (which was a pirate :O mods don't kill me) of The Sims. A year or two has passed, and as I was going home with my friends from school we somehow got into topic about Sims. My friend said, "Omg u like still play ts1 omg thats soooo old u should definitely get like, ts2 ya no".

And I did. Loved it. It's been years since I've started buying EPs and SPs for the game.

And The Sims 3? I saw an advertisement on TS2's official page about it. :lovestruc

But of course in the meantime I've changed ... number of computers.
Page 4 of 4