Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jun 2015 at 11:03 AM Last edited by simmythesim : 3rd Jun 2015 at 11:23 AM.
Default First person camera?
I was poking in the FirstPersonCameras( note the plural) a while ago and noticed that there was a configuration file for a first person camera, I mean one that attaches to the head bone of a sim and all of that. Is it possible to add this back in the game?

Code:
# Camera connected to head bone of selected sim.
camera     "First" First
fov        (40 50 60 70 80 90 100 110 120)
clip       0.2 2000
smoothing  0 8 

setparam defaultminchange        0.5
setparam mouseheadingsensitivity 0.00005
setparam mousepitchsensitivity   0.00001
setparam translationminsteps     1
setparam translationsteps        1

EDIT: Huh, it seems that someone made this thread 10 years ago with the same exact title and content! History repeats itself. But now that we have 11 years experience with The Sims 2, is it still not possible to add this?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 3rd Jun 2015 at 1:30 PM
Mad Poster
#3 Old 3rd Jun 2015 at 1:47 PM
I'm almost 100% sure I saw a video of someone using this first person camera on YouTube. I've never seen a mod for it though so perhaps it was never released? Either way, it must be doable.

Just found the video here according to the description the mod was lost a while ago. Maybe its been refound? There's no harm in googling it.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Scholar
#4 Old 3rd Jun 2015 at 2:25 PM
That's pretty cool!
I just realised how much sims move. My eyes hurt now
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Jun 2015 at 3:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
I'm almost 100% sure I saw a video of someone using this first person camera on YouTube. I've never seen a mod for it though so perhaps it was never released? Either way, it must be doable.

Just found the video here according to the description the mod was lost a while ago. Maybe its been refound? There's no harm in googling it.

I remember that someone said that a sim's heads don't move like that and it was most likely faked, you can notice it when the female sim is chatting to the camera sim, the camera sorta just stands still. I wanted to make the same mod for The Sims 4 but I didn't know where to start.
Scholar
#6 Old 3rd Jun 2015 at 4:03 PM
I tried looking at Swordwolf's profile on MTS through the Wayback Machine. No joy. Only two captures post-removal.

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 4th Jun 2015 at 11:51 PM
The comments of the video said this mod was close to this one. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=504385