Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jun 2015 at 2:35 PM
Default Sim Workshops
Hi,

So I was thinking about how to get my neighbourhood to have a more community feel to it. And I thought about workshops; I want my Sim to be able to teach other Sims core skills or special skills. For example, Kaylynn Langerak has high cooking skills and I have this idea that once I've made her playable that she would be the sort of person to run her own business by running a cooking workshop at her home (or should I say her home that she'll have with Daniel).

But I don't know how I would make that work in the game, and was wondering whether anyone could give me ideas, and of course I don't want to do this just with cooking I'm talking about all skills really except of course Body & Cleaning. (Because 1) I could just open a gym and 2) who doesn't know how to clean? )

So some ideas would be great.

Thank you in advance.
Advertisement
Scholar
#3 Old 9th Jun 2015 at 3:52 PM
You could just plop down the ticket machine on a community lot (with the community skilling mod installed). And visit the lot with Kaylynn so she can teach whatever sims show up? I think that would work. I would also install that mod that lets townies keep their memories and skills (one of Cyjon's I believe).

EDIT: Oh, a home business. Ok, that is easier. You'd need the same mods though.

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Mad Poster
#4 Old 9th Jun 2015 at 3:54 PM
There's the vocational educator over at simwardrobe, which is like a podium where your Sims stands and teaches, and the students sit with an object that looks like the homework-object. Career objects also have the option of teaching Sims with less skills than themselves, so you could use that when appropriate.

I suppose a bandatron is one way to charge Sims, but I would personally decide what a lesson should cost, and transfer that amount from the Sim getting the lesson, using a mod like Monique's computer or simwardrobe check book. If the Sim is a townie, I'd kaching it and use donate function on Monique's computer to get rid of excess, if the price isn't an even thousand.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Scholar
#5 Old 9th Jun 2015 at 4:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
There's the vocational educator over at simwardrobe, which is like a podium where your Sims stands and teaches, and the students sit with an object that looks like the homework-object. Career objects also have the option of teaching Sims with less skills than themselves, so you could use that when appropriate.

I suppose a bandatron is one way to charge Sims, but I would personally decide what a lesson should cost, and transfer that amount from the Sim getting the lesson, using a mod like Monique's computer or simwardrobe check book. If the Sim is a townie, I'd kaching it and use donate function on Monique's computer to get rid of excess, if the price isn't an even thousand.

The Vocational whatchamacallit at Sim Wardrobe has a Charge for Class option (haven't tried it yet).

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 9th Jun 2015 at 7:49 PM
Hmm, okay I have all the mods that everyone has mentioned above. I just really want to make it so that Sims were getting hands on and learning raher than Kayynn lecturing and them writing notes,like the image attached.

Is that possible?
Screenshots
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 9th Jun 2015 at 10:41 PM
Kaylynn can give lessons on the culinary career reward chocolate maker but only one sim at a time.
Apart from that you could direct her to make a dish and cancel it multiple times until you have enough ingredients on chopping boards. You can place them in her inventory to keep them fresh and then place them out on a bench set up like Plumbbob has above at class time. Once ingredients are out you can direct any sim to cook them even if they don't have the skill. You would probably find the simlogical meeting controller to be the best way to control the group. All turn up for the 'meeting' all are selectable until the meeting ends. Each student then attempts to cook the dish. I would have some sprinklers around...
Since this is a business have each student pay her with Chritianlov's wallet controller or by some other method. This should cover the cost of ingredients and for the lesson. You could also have a room where they sit and get a lesson as cooking one dish, probably while trying to burn her business down won't net them much cooking skill.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~