Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jul 2016 at 3:33 AM Last edited by lloyd118 : 18th Jul 2016 at 7:19 PM.
Default Cloudiness
I have set the cloudiness to two and each time I open my world it goes to zero. I'm so confused, can anyone help? the time of day I set has also reset it's self. I have no idea how these two tools work. If someone can tell me how to set the time of day and cloudiness that would be great. Update; it appears that when I first run caw there are no clouds then after I close and reopen the program the clouds appear as they were set on two but on the tab it's saying three. I'm very worried about it as wondering what the clouds will be like in game, and also the time of day. I really need help with it.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 18th Jul 2016 at 11:29 PM
I think those are not meant to be permanent settings and you just have to change them to fit your needs for each session.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Jul 2016 at 11:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lucy kemnitzer
I think those are not meant to be permanent settings and you just have to change them to fit your needs for each session.
Thanks for your reply. Though I'm not sure what you mean by each session.
Scholar
#4 Old 19th Jul 2016 at 6:59 AM
Each session means each time you go into CAW to work on a world.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Jul 2016 at 7:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lucy kemnitzer
Each session means each time you go into CAW to work on a world.
Ah I see thanks
dodgy builder
#6 Old 19th Jul 2016 at 9:42 AM
Yes that's right, it's just to see how your world look in different settings if you change the ini files or use a mod, then you need to see how your world looks at different times of day. It's of course the beta process, but having it in caw makes it much easier.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Jul 2016 at 2:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
Yes that's right, it's just to see how your world look in different settings if you change the ini files or use a mod, then you need to see how your world looks at different times of day. It's of course the beta process, but having it in caw makes it much easier.
If you get a lighting mod say from burnt waffles, then doesn't that override the original sunrise and sunset times also cloudiness?
dodgy builder
#8 Old 19th Jul 2016 at 3:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lloyd118
If you get a lighting mod say from burnt waffles, then doesn't that override the original sunrise and sunset times also cloudiness?

It depends on the mod. You have to see what the modder says about it. Usually you should see in caw the mods presets I presume.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 19th Jul 2016 at 6:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
It depends on the mod. You have to see what the modder says about it. Usually you should see in caw the mods presets I presume.
Last time I had a lighting mod I just put it in my sims 3 mods/packages folder no going into caw required
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#10 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 12:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lloyd118
Last time I had a lighting mod I just put it in my sims 3 mods/packages folder no going into caw required

That will give you the same lighting override for each world that you play. If you import the lighting settings directly into your world instead, you can have custom sea and sky parameters that only affect that world.

Some information on the CAW cloudiness slider here:
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...971#post3679971
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 3:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
That will give you the same lighting override for each world that you play. If you import the lighting settings directly into your world instead, you can have custom sea and sky parameters that only affect that world.

Some information on the CAW cloudiness slider here:
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...971#post3679971

Thanks for your replyI probably will just use the same lighting for each world anyways so I'll do that.