Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Aug 2016 at 3:48 AM Last edited by publicsim99 : 13th Aug 2016 at 3:42 AM. Reason: Think I found the problem
Default Railroad tracks I made for CAW, problem with track lighting on Switchtracks--SOLVED
(added August 12,16) Boy oh boy. These meshes/objects are complicated. The lighting is fixed on the tops of the tracks (more or less). I also recolored the ties to make them a little darker and blotchier.
As far as I know I'm the only one that has designed accurately represented switch tracks. I'll upload these for regular download as soon as I have the time.

(added August 04, 16) I have the sneaking suspicion that it's the LITE settings that are off. Somehow, the light hits different parts of the track differently--different textures doesn't phase the problem at all. How does one set the lighting to hit each section of the track evenly???

I made these nearly a year ago. Just recently picked this back up (forgot everything I did and how I did it, lol). The straight and curved tracks seem to be fine. But the switch tracks, the lighting/shading is off in a few sections of the tops of the tracks in CAW. Why I do not know. I hope someone here has an idea why a few areas of the switch tracks are shaded/lighted incorrectly.

PS: I'm working on all four sections of track. I'm having to re-learn Blender, etc. after not doing this for nearly a year, lol. When I'm certain all four are working properly, I'll upload them so others can add them to their world.