Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Apr 2016 at 10:02 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default annoying "astonishment-bug"?!
When I started my game yesterday there was a weird bug, my sims are jumping in the air and the interaktion is called "to be surprised" or something. and they 'scream' a little.
I already know the "jumping-bug" , but this one is different.
I have not downloaded anything new.
Everywhere I look there is only the jumping-bug..
I wonder if anyone know this bug and can even help me?!
my solution would be to let the whole family move out and back in again. but I've been playing this family over many years and there is so much stuff in the house I hope there is another solution.
Advertisement
Undead Molten Llama
#2 Old 22nd Apr 2016 at 11:11 AM
This is something that Sims do sometimes. They'll react to an age-up that way sometimes, or if they see someone naked, or to a birth, or to a nearby lightning strike, or if they witness a witch casting a spell, or...Well, lots of things, really. I find that some Sims are more easily startled than others, so reactions vary. So unless this is happening constantly or for no discernable reason, then the startle reaction is normal game behavior.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 22nd Apr 2016 at 1:33 PM
It might be a stuck emitter. Either have a look on the bat box to see if an option has popped up to delete it or move in-out with the family.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Theorist
#4 Old 22nd Apr 2016 at 6:21 PM
Try the option on Batbox for Ghost Emitter, sims will sometimes 'freak out' at random objects with no ghost there.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Apr 2016 at 12:27 PM
thanks for the tips! I will try it in the next few days. hope it helps
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd May 2016 at 6:00 PM
it's now a month ago but I wanted to say anyway that it works! I tried the "ghost emitter" option and it helped. thanks!!
Mad Poster
#7 Old 23rd May 2016 at 9:16 PM
If that is the case then you need BO's mods.

1. BO - No Sim Loaded: Remove a lot of junk controllers, tokens, and other broken stuff, without the need for a Batbox.
2. BO - No Trash Memories: PREVENT gossip and silly repetetive memories from being generated. (You may or may not want.)
3. BO - No Met Self Memories: Stop the "Met Self" memories without the use of NTM or Pescado's Dramafix. (This one is new to me but looks good.)

http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=7875.0

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 25th May 2016 at 7:40 AM
I will keep them in mind thanks
it's probably a stupid question , but what do you mean with "met self memories" ? I can guess but it never happened to my sims
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 25th May 2016 at 8:20 AM
The memory will say they met a new sim except the sim they met was themselves, it can cause issues.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#10 Old 25th May 2016 at 12:01 PM
You should not play without those mods Marka mentions above; they keep your game safe and prevent your hood from blowing up into space.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 31st May 2016 at 7:38 AM
so I might download them right now. thank you
Mad Poster
#12 Old 31st May 2016 at 9:11 AM
Speaking as a player who has seen a hood vanishing into space once