Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th May 2016 at 2:22 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Atlantis...
I have just spent a couple of hours building an amphitheatre for my university, only to find it's now submerged.

The majority of the lot is below the default lot level. It was working fine (in design mode, didn't have chance to try in live) but when I moved the lot, everything below street level has filled with water, making the lot unusable.

Obviously when designing I was using the elevation etc tools, not the water tool.

Is there a way to remove the water? I've tried the "boolprop lotwater" cheat but nothing happens.

I can post a screen shot tomorrow if that helps.

Thanks.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 18th May 2016 at 2:32 AM
You placed the lot on land that is close to the water table. You either need to raise the land with the terrain cheat or move the lot to a road with a higher elevation.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#3 Old 20th May 2016 at 10:34 PM
The lot water cheat only works for ponds lakes and rivers created using the in lot terrain tool not the external neighborhood water. As you haven't used the water tool nothing will change.

The lot shouldn't be unusable as the hood water is just a visual effect in lot view except beach lots. I've found it funny when sims causally walk into the ocean just to play on the now underwater playground equipment because I placed the lot on a road just above the water table.