Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd May 2016 at 10:32 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Moving Sims to Different Games
I recently acquired the Ultimate Collection for TS2, and am in the process of moving cc and empty lots to there. I've been checking around for ways to move the sims with their lots to other neighborhoods, but the only tutorials I can find for it require cloning sims. I really don't want to do that, because as far as I know it would remove family relationships. I also think it would reset their ages, because the way that I'm understanding it is that it packages the sims, and you would have to create the family again in CaS. The family also has a baby, do I need to age him up to a toddler before doing anything to the family? Would deleting relationships with sims in the neighborhood work, and if so how would I go about it?

At first I just packaged the lot to a file, but afterwards I wanted to check to see if it would actually work and I saw a lot of people saying that the lots would corrupt the game very fast.

If I really have no other options, could I clone the sims, recreate the family in UC, and then manually change their relationship points to what they were before, and change any other things that could be different (like the ages)? Could I keep any paintings that a sim has made? (there are a few paintings I'd like to keep)
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd May 2016 at 10:55 PM
Extracting with simpe, cloning in bodyshop and remaking them is unfortunately the only safe way. If you are the type of player who tosses hoods all the time and if you don't care that the hood will blow up at anytime you could do it the other way, so long as you understand moving sims in houses or packaging houses with sims will cause instant corruption from the hood you took them from and the hood you place them into.

You can't take anything with a clone, it is a new sim who simply looks like the old one. You have to set them up with personality points, relationships either in SimPE or some can be set in game with mods and cheats.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd May 2016 at 11:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Extracting with simpe, cloning in bodyshop and remaking them is unfortunately the only safe way. If you are the type of player who tosses hoods all the time and if you don't care that the hood will blow up at anytime you could do it the other way, so long as you understand moving sims in houses or packaging houses with sims will cause instant corruption from the hood you took them from and the hood you place them into.

You can't take anything with a clone, it is a new sim who simply looks like the old one. You have to set them up with personality points, relationships either in SimPE or some can be set in game with mods and cheats.

Ahh, that's a shame

Yeah, I'll have to go set them up again, thank you for your help :D
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 23rd May 2016 at 12:05 AM
The way I have done it is jot down everything you find important about the sim then set them up in SimPE or with something like the sim manipulater/batbox/simblender in game. You can give them the same jobs, skill points, hobby etc. I also like to take note of a sims top interests since this decides what they talk about.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd May 2016 at 2:41 AM
Oh okay! That's what I was planning to do actually, but I didn't think about interests. I'm going to play them enough to get the baby to age up and then start cloning them.

Thank you!
Field Researcher
#6 Old 23rd May 2016 at 7:09 AM
Do you not like the neighborhood they are in?