Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th May 2016 at 4:01 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Tombstone in Inventory
Several months ago I had a glitch in a residential lot, it wouldn't load. Not knowing what to do, I figured that I would at least send the teens to university and play them. I sent them off and went to play them in the University only to have the game crash whenever I open the family bin at the University. The house now works and I can play the rest of the family just fine. The problem is almost worse though as I had fourteen sims who I had played from their infancy in the college bin. I have tried hard to solve this problem and figure out what's going on. This is what I have so far.

- The likely culprit is a tombstone in the teenager's inventory, this is the first time this has happened to me as I normally send these to the cemetery I have.
- Using the sim manipulator (or another mod, I have a lot and am not too sure) I have moved all the other sims out of that bin. When I try and move the female teen the game crashes. I re-spawned the dead pet to a separate lot just fine.
- The plan was to delete all the characters at the University, but that requires putting dozens of families into the lot bin.
- I have downloaded the simsPE as I hear this can fix it. I have no clue how to use it though, and don't want to risk it with out clear instructions for a beginner.

Is there another way to fix this problem that I don't know of?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 25th May 2016 at 12:10 PM
Let me just get this: the teen with the gravestone in the inventory - is she the one in the bin who makes the game crash when you try to move her in?
(Because normally a tombstone in an inventory only causes problems if the sim dies while it is in his/her inventory).