Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#26 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 1:25 AM
My gawd..and YOU juice, Peni?
I have added nuts to many of my juicings, without any trouble. I am not vegetarian. I love sushi, I eat all meat. My stomach is doing great.
I never said raw fish was not meat..dunno where you got that from. Too many people are misinformed unfortunately.. Off topic? Ah..thought we were talking about juicing VS cooking here. You do not have to agree, nor post you know.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 2:46 AM
I love juice (and I'm a vegetarian), I wouldn't live on juice IRL because it would be bad for me. A varied diet is best for us omnivores, though as omnivores we have lots of healthy options. And in sims, it isn't nearly as good for household bonding as eating meals together. Enemies who live in the same house can become friends, if they eat enough meals together.

Somebody has to be the first one to point out when a thread drifts too far into the real world from sims. And sometimes I respond to more than one person at a time. As do we all.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#28 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 4:02 AM Last edited by ijustneedsomeeyes : 21st Apr 2014 at 4:14 AM.
Oh for Inanna's sake, what is wrong with you people?!? (btw good discussion)

Firstly, Juicers Have Infinite Capacity + Juice Tray Mods and Fixes (Never Be Cleaned up, Placeable on Endtables, Sellable & Put in inventory). LRN2SEARCH.

Secondly, it is VERY possible to be on a juice diet on the cheap, it's the packaged crap that is more expensive than the fresh veggies and fruits (usually). The packaged stuff that is cheaper usually tastes like absolute crap (like the $1 canned "spaghetti" that tastes like mush with ketchup or those godawful "cheese" cracker peanut butter sandwich cookies). But Peni is right about the roughage, it pretty much is a fast with vitamins. Juice diets are mostly about consulting a physician first (important), then its willpower from there. If you're doing it to lose fat though, the focus on moving more, rather than eating less. (I've only heard of it being used as detox.)

Thirdly, it is not possible to juice nuts, but it IS possible to milk them. (cue in everybody in this thread going, "lol what?!? He's talking crazy!") This is what you do: (May Cthulhu eat you all alive for the millions of sexual innuendos that will now come. Like that one just now.)

Ingredients:
- Muslin fabric or cheesecloth is ideal, but I guess you could also use a clean shirt too. The fabric just needs to have holes in which liquid can easily pass through, without dropping any solid matter.
- The nut to be milked. (Almonds, walnuts, etc.)
- Water, drinkable.
- A big bowl to catch the liquid in.
- A big container with a lid to put & store the liquid in, like a jar or bottle. The milk will occasionally settle and go heterogeneous, so you'll need to give it a good shake before drinking when it does.
- A string, if your blender lid doesn't already have a filter and you put a lot of water in.
- And a blender.

Directions:
Put the nuts in the blender, but not all the way (maybe a bit less than halfway). Then pour in some water, if you want a stronger milk, put less water and vice versa. (Make sure you put in enough water!) Okay so put the top back on and blend until it looks like a colored liquid with chunks in it. Tie the muslin cloth (or w/e other strainer you're using) on top of the blender pitcher and pour the liquid into the bowl. Here comes the fun part: you now need to gather those solid chunks in the muslin cloth and squeeze the remaining liquid into the bowl. If the cloth opens and the chunks fall into the bowl, just pick up the chunks, put it in the cloth and squeeze again.

About the chunks: there's a good chance that the nuts can still be milked, so put the chunks back in, pour more water, blend again and etc. Keep doing this, until you're either sure they can't be milked or you don't feel like it anymore. Pour the liquid from the bowl into the container to store it in, put in fridge till it is chilled, shake the container if the liquid settled, serve and enjoy!

Oh, almost forgot: On topic: I cook. I have custom foods in my game and I love those neat "Learned to Cook" memories.

When noregen hacks are not enough...you know what you must do. (RIP Mootilda , pay your respects in the thread and in her guestbook.)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#29 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 4:17 AM
Of course, you ain't going to have juice from nuts, oil, yes, milk yes, such as almond milk.
If you try to put only nuts in your juicer you won't have nut juice..that was quite obvious, and I didn't *think* I had to say this. But any juice you make with a juicer resembles more..a smoothie. Since fruits and veggies have pulp and stuff. Apple for instance..you won't have a clear as water juice..you'll have something consistent, thick..smooth. Unless you add a lot of water to it. I do not. I do not mind my juice to have minuscule crumbs in them, so yeah. I'll add nuts and seeds to it. Now please..don't turn everything I say into whatever else. nuts aren't liquid, nor juicy. But yes, they can be added if you want protein.

Forum Resident
#30 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 5:19 AM
My Sims cook, BBQ and use the juice maker. Sims who help with a family or farm vegetable garden and fruit trees are able to have a good supply of produce in thier personal inventory when they move out on thier own. Some of my Sims who attend university move into a rental or a dorm where a garden is begun and is kept up by future students. Produce that students harvest can then be used after they leave campus.

I had never even considered mainly using the juicer - or using it more often. This will work well for my busier career Sims and for those just starting out on thier own seeing how it is quicker and more efficient.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#31 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 5:38 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 21st Apr 2014 at 7:29 PM.
I gave some students juicers too..and have them plant eggplants and such. Of course, when they first arrived..they can only plant tomatoes...but wow..tomato plants gives a lot of tomatoes!

Of course, gardening is so much more efficient with a bit of aid, such as the produce packaging station, from www.simwardrobe.com
It package crates of 12 harvestable of any kind. Good way for space saving in your sim's inventory. Each crate can then be sold, or take out the inventory and uncrate.

My students also have mini-apartement-like dorms. So they have a stove and fridge, and can then cook amazing freshly harvested tomato spaghetti themselves. hehe
After days, and days of gardening, they become more experienced of course.

Raphaelle, who is becoming my favorite sim ever, because she seems to be perfect (personality wise), finish college..and is now living in an apartment where there is 2 fruit trees of each kind. In her own tiny backyard, she has 6 garden plots..just behind the pool. One for each crop available.
She made her college years very worthy..she was almost all skilled up when she left. Now that she has maxed all skills, I am making her pack everything she grows, except oranges, lemons and strawberries.
So she can make..orangeade to help build badge points, lemonade if she gets too hot (my seasons all last about 90 days), strawberry-lemonade to put her in platinum, and strawberries juice..that removes furiousness. Though she has no enemies at all.
Unless she was starving, a glass of juice will fill up her hunger motive. Is she was actually starving, she'll serve herself a second glass.
She is an excellent cook though,but will only cook if she has guests over..or for Drake, who lives upstairs from her...
Only the ground level units have their private pool..Drake living upstairs..do not. he is often really hot!
Raphaelle calls him over, because she is nice...he goes right to her pool while she makes dinner. But he never stays long....

One day, she'll move with her fiancé, and buy a community lot where she will be able to sell the clothes she makes. For now, she is saving money.

EDIT

I just found a cool trick. lol
Easy you'll tell me, but still.
Raphaelle loves going for a hike, and will do so often. But in summer...hiking can be very dangerous because of heatstroke.
Sometimes, they get so hot, that you do not even have time to direct them to the pool. They come back from their little expedition, only to crumble on the ground. And their friends too! But your sim can't even douse, they are themselves suffering.
This time, I took no chances..and direct Raphaelle to have a glass of lemonade, just before she went hiking.
Because her thermometer was green, she got cold...perfect.
She came back just as green as she was when she left.

Pretty neat.

Page 2 of 2