Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jun 2011 at 7:58 PM Last edited by SpookyOkyBatGirl : 11th Jun 2011 at 7:00 PM.
Default So...the mac and cheese has been cooking on the stove for about 4 Sim Days now...
How else should I spark a fire in my home? The mac and cheese won't burst into flames despite a level 0 chef and a cheap oven. I hit the cancel so that it would stay on the stove and keep on cooking. I also surrounded the thing with rugs.

Edit: Nobody in the home is a firefighter and I NEVER buy the Fireproof homestate LTHR.

Life Stage: Teen Traits: Hopeless Romantic, Computer Whiz, Couch Potato, Shy Partner: Ted
School: High School Career: Writing; Fan Fiction Drafter Miscellaneous: Rich; Scorpio
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 10th Jun 2011 at 8:04 PM
Haha, pyro, huh?

What about trying to cook something in the oven, like waffles? I know that my Sim would constantly start fires because they'd put the waffles in the oven then go take a nice long two hour shower...

Cagley Family Legacy (A Random Legacy Challenge)
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 10th Jun 2011 at 9:04 PM
Fireplaces. And lots of them! If I want to start a fire I usually make a small room, fill it with the cheapest fireplace (use moveobjects on to fit more,) and then add layers of rugs.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 12:51 AM
Yeah, definitely fireplaces. For me, even the expensive fireplaces set things on fire if left on for too long.
Test Subject
#5 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 2:53 PM
Is your sim a firefighter? haha...
Field Researcher
#6 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 3:10 PM
Are you sure you don't have the "Fireproof homestead" trait, your sim or your sim's parent wasn't a firefighter?

Check out my new blog - I Think My Cat Is An Alien
Mad Poster
#7 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 7:00 PM
Slow cookin' is good cookin'.

Speaking of fireplaces, I always enjoy the fireplace in the French 'base camp' because if lit, it usually catches fire every few hours or so.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 8:41 PM
I didn't get a fire till I had my sims light the fireplace too. Left it on overnight while they slept (I forgot to let my hacking sim turn it off) and swoosh! The place lighted up like a roman candle.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 8:57 PM
Ifr I recall correctly, food being prepared by a Natural Cook never burns, even if they're AWOL or have low skill level.
Site Helper
#10 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 12:06 AM
Unlike the previous 2 games, low skill cooking while tired doesn't automatically mean the house burns down, even if the food is abandoned. It just means disgusting quality food. It takes a critical failure to ignite it, and that isn't affected by whether or not it was abandoned. If you are trying for a fire, cook -lots- of mac and cheese. Not the same pot for 4 days. And cook while your sim is tired, hungry, stressed out, lonely, stinky, and needing the bathroom. A yellow or red plumbbob will help cause fires, too.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 2:31 PM
Oh, that is what is needed for a stove fire. I care way too well of my sims it seems. Time to get mean.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 2:33 AM
I left food in the oven by accident and then went to work. Within a few sim hours, the place was on fire. My sim was in a good mood, it was a somewhat cheap stove but the food was left by a "natural cook" sim. I don't know if it was just a weirdo freak thing or anything, if that helps though.